Fredwork

Noob
Jul 7, 2015
i just Got the GTX 970 and with it the Batman arkham knight. I saw all the terrible reviews and wondered if i just should watt a couple of months before playing, but i desided to try it, and i loved it. so i started looking at the other arkham games, and i de decided to buy Them all. Here are my question i dont know Which one to start with, so i went here and hoved you guys could help my out?

Sry for the grammar my iPad auto correct like shit...

Abfirstr8

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 20, 2014
In my own opinion I would say it honestly doesn't matter. From what I remember I don't think the story lines were too tied into each other significantly.

I would do either Arkham Origins or Arkham Asylum first followed by City then Knight.

I'd just say Origins would give you some background somewhat but Asylum is also a great starting point.

Obviously Asylum was the starting entry so the mechanics just get refined from there own, but the mechanics and plot of the game are more than fantastic still even though it may be a little aged.

Either way good luck and enjoy!

Fredwork

Noob
Jul 7, 2015
In my own opinion I would say it honestly doesn't matter. From what I remember I don't think the story lines were too tied into each other significantly.

I would do either Arkham Origins or Arkham Asylum first followed by City then Knight.

I'd just say Origins would give you some background somewhat but Asylum is also a great starting point.

Obviously Asylum was the starting entry so the mechanics just get refined from there own, but the mechanics and plot of the game are more than fantastic still even though it may be a little aged.

Either way good luck and enjoy!
I Will do that Thank you :)

n7oldnavy

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 27, 2012
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham Origins
Batman Arkham Knight

reostzombie13

Minnesota Monster
Dec 11, 2005
Pig's Eye
Sadly Origins doesn't really explain much for Asylum or City so you might as well play them in order of their release. I've wanted to play them in chronological order just for the heck of it but I doubt it would make a different.

It would be nice if they did one more between between Origins & Asylum for more setup. Not really needed but would be fun since they already started telling some of the story beforehand

Jul 12, 2015
Sadly Origins doesn't really explain much for Asylum or City so you might as well play them in order of their release. I've wanted to play them in chronological order just for the heck of it but I doubt it would make a different.

There is a thread that runs through all 4 games. Fredwork, I'll put this in spoiler tags just in case, but with you having already played Arkham Knight, I don't think I'm revealing anything that would be a big surprise, as you've seen the end result in the final chapter.
There is the common link of Venom/Titan. Origins shows us Bane using a form of Venom called TN-1, and trying to find a way around its negative effects on the brain. Asylum then has Bane held captive under the asylum, the TN-1 being drawn from his blood by Dr. Penelope Young for her experiments toward development of a new form, Titan (which Joker wants, and remember he was introduced to Bane and TN-1 in Origins). City has Joker suffering from the Titan overdose in the previous game, and infecting Batman and others in Gotham. And Knight has Batman and four others experiencing infection symptoms and transformation from that exposure to the Titan-contaminated Joker blood.

The other bit of connective tissue between Origins and AA is Blackgate. We see Joker, in Origins, take over a criminal organization, and he and his crew end up in Blackgate (I think Joker in the Arkham wing). In Asylum, his crew is transferred from Blackgate to Arkham, and Joker has something of a reunion with Bane and TN-1/Titan.

The above, though, runs through otherwise self-contained stories. First time through, I would play them in order of release (AA, AC, Origins, AK). But replaying them in chronological order I think would be cool.

Last edited:

Sonic10122

Nerd Extraordinaire
Mar 29, 2005
North Carolina

It would be nice if they did one more between between Origins & Asylum for more setup. Not really needed but would be fun since they already started telling some of the story beforehand

Chronological order is nice, but the huge differences in gameplay between Asylum and Origins makes it really weird to take a step backward. You'd be surprised because you'd think it wouldn't feel that different, but it does. (I want to say the controls are a bit different as well, at least on PS3. Like Detective Mode and Gadgets are swapped or something)