Aug 25, 2011
Up to the Bell Tower Port and really just playing just to complete it at this point...

The plot seems to just be "Grr, who attacked us 6 months ago? Was it you!? Or You!? Or YOU?! x ad infinitum"

With various "oh wait, it might be these people!" responses. Or the cliche 'They'. I'm hoping it doesn't go as far as aliens like some of the comments by street crazies seem to be implying because then I might just not play it anymore. Several friends and family kept telling me how good it was and I do like the gameplay and the second boss fight but the plot just really seems non-existent. You're not really given anything concrete to go on and everything is various shades of 'gasp, conspiracy!'.

Now, some of you may probably go 'lol well you should've thought of X before buying it!'. I didn't buy it. It was a birthday gift.

I'm not trying to insult the game but there doesn't seem to be much going for it in terms of story. Even the main character is kind of lame. He looks like Neo when he has his cloak on and seems to try and copy Christian Bale's Batman voice.

rundav

The greatest of the GHCB board members.
Jan 21, 2002
You don't really get all the pieces until the very end. That said, as you play you should be making certain philosophical decisions. To add biotech or not? To support factions or not? To support corporations or those railing against? To use violence or peace? It all serves you in the end when you decide.

I will say I like the game alot and much more than Invisible War but the game finale was a little weak. The boss weaker.

dalexc

Star
Jun 3, 2001
Yeah I know exactly how you feel. The characters and not bad, gameplay is awesome and the story leaves a lot to be desired.

That really doesn't change. However, where the game lacks the overall experience does make it worth. If you enjoy the game for what it is, you won't be disappointed. Just don't expect the story to get much better.

r733

Noob
Aug 4, 2012
Deus ex HR tricked me. For the about 75 % of the game (I thought back then that I'm about 20-30 % of the main plot) I've been convinced that story has been purposefully hidden from me to take me later by suprise and put me on exciting roller coaster ride full of twists and cleverly entangled agendas of elites fighting for domination between themselves and those who oppose them. Then I've realised that HR does not have plot at all in a story-telling wise dimension. There is just one, painfully predictable agenda that has as much artistic value and intelligence to it as Steven Segal movies.