Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1151857p1.html]When an Xavier Loves a Magneto[/link]
by Scott Collura

Summary:
The new Charles Xavier, James McAvoy, has been talking about X-Men: First Class, describing the relationship between his character and Michael Fassbender's Magneto as a "kind of love story." [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1151857p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Terenbas

Noob
Aug 1, 2008
@jakob997

Kinda makes it sound like that huh?
But no, I don't think they'll be gay. Its just "politically correct" to frame any male relationship with another male in those terms.

Personally, I think when McAvoy means "love story" he really means "bromance"

Jul 20, 2008
Is everyone an idiot? They're not gay! He says the way they develop a friendship in the movie is very much like a love story and compares it to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Not to mention, in the article you're reading, it also mentions that Xavier will very likely be having some sort of relationship with Mystique. Start reading articles instead of commenting based on IGN's idiotic, deceiving headlines

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
@ Terenbas

Okay, that makes more sense now. It's just, between that snapshot of them together in bed (although, granted, they are watching a topless female) and McAvoy saying "Love Story" it seemed a little... different.

But "Bromance" makes sense. Thanks for explaining that logically and not being a brat about it, unlike that other guy.

w0nderboy3

No Longer a Noob
Sep 23, 2005
@ Guitarshredder96

Is everyone an idiot? lol only jakob997 even questioned the gay thing, so no not everyone is, one person is.

mikx82

Noob
Oct 22, 2010
When AN Xavier Loves a Magneto ............. i'm pretty sure it should be "A" and not "AN"

english 101 anyone?

Aug 3, 2010
Please don't let this be "Brokeback Moutain" with mutants! Lol Honestly though, "love story" is a weird choice of words, don't you think???

MrZappy

Noob
Feb 26, 2011
Well, mikx82, I think AN Xavier might be correct grammatically. You would say AN axe rather than A axe. It's more of the sound rather than the actual alphabet.

fsu_csu

Noob
May 16, 2008
I guess you could kinda look at it as they were meant for each other like Batman and Joker. Its a fulfillment of ones self be including someone else. I don't think there ever was a hot steam love seen with Erik and Charles. Well you never know with how this movie has been looking and bryan singer producing it. Maybe they have Charles turning around and telling Erik he wants to be with women.

mikx82

Noob
Oct 22, 2010
i guess mrzappy.. i get ur point. kinda like when you AN in an Honest person.. sorry i forgot XP

Jay-1986

Noob
Dec 17, 2010
I'm still 50-50 on this movie , I loved Kick Ass , but some of the weird changes they made for this... I dunno yet.

Dec 4, 2010
These films will never touch the comics; or the 90's animated series, but I have some hope for this film.

I'll see this movie for the casting of McAvoy and Fassbender alone.

Also, Hellfire Club should be cool and finally, no Wolverine!

Sure, Wolverine is definitely an icon of comic book history and one hell of a cool character, but he isn't my favorite character, not by a LONGSHOT.

It's just nice to see an X-Men movie that won't have anything to do with Wolverine.

Status
Not open for further replies.