xxstubzxx

Prime Member
May 5, 2011
There comes a time in every game series lifespan were they begin to slowly degrade the lifeblood of a franchise as they slip farther and farther from the greatness it once was. Dead Space 3 is the perfect example of a franchise in a state of decay as we leave the world of quite suspense for a world of crashing explosions. While I enjoyed Dead Space 3 for what it was (a third person shooter with the standard amount of suspense to keep the game interesting) I could not help but long for my 8 hour play sessions of Dead Space the original all the lights in the room off with my Turtlebeach headset turned all the way up listening to the deafening silence as things unseen skittered through vents and shadows played on the screen that made you question if your imagination was getting the better of you. Instead your are met with with the sound of Isaac Clark's non stop ramblings over his ex gf who is now with another man a point that seems entirely irrelevant as creatures continually try to murder him. I longed for the long dark hall ways of the ishimura were you could shine your flash light through the darkness and be greeted by horrific face of a necromorph lunging towards you as you scramble backward and fire the last 10 shots you have with careful precision. This is all but lost in Dead Space 3 replaced by open planets with cover placed strategically through many sections of the world with soldiers shooting at you with reckless abandon as you hold the trigger down firing the nearly endless amount of ammo that you have which also now works for every weapon I truly thought I had some how switched from playing Dead Space 3 and some how had ended up in Gears Of War spin off. While the game does have some redeeming qualities and is worth a play through it really is no longer part of the Dead Space series. Dead Space 2 began to break away from the original concept but kept enough of the roots that it still could be considered part of the horror genre Dead Space 3 completes the break from the true core of the original series.
The Verdict: Overall a well made game but fallen far from what the franchise once was new players can play with ignorant bliss while veterans of the series long for better days!
Game Play: 7 Core mechanics are the same ammo and health concerns have been eliminated in normal mode many missions and environments are used way to often
Graphics: 7 Are on par with the current crop of AAA games but nothing special
Story: 6 Fairly underwhelming story
Sound: Single Player 10 Coop 9 (Coop takes away from some of the ambient sounds in my opinion)
Replay Value: 7 Many different modes to choose from replay as opposite Isaac in coop for some extra stories