creed200869

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 11, 2005
I dont like the over the top view in chinatown wars. I know it has alot of cool stuff in it, but I'm not a big fan of playing the game like that so of VCS or LCS, which is better in your opinion and why? I'm looking to buy one of them

CHEWYdaat

No Longer a Noob
Aug 18, 2011
Scotland
You can get them on the ps2 as well :) I've got both of them and I prefer Vice City stories. The gameplay is better, theres more vehicles to play with, the story is better, and Vice City itself is just more fun than the old Liberty City (or I think so anyway)

GhastlyN

No Longer a Noob
Jan 30, 2004
I have both games for my PSP. I havent played Vice City Stories in like a year or so. I last saved at that High Wire mission where you have to fly a really slow ass helicopter

GhastlyN

No Longer a Noob
Jan 30, 2004
Vice City Stories is fun too but they put too much emphasis on the stupid businesses to start and protect from gangs and the helicopters are slow as hell

GhastlyN

No Longer a Noob
Jan 30, 2004
They both translate to the PSP very well. Dont be bashing the PSP ports of Grand theft auto vice city and liberty stories.I've been playing them for a couple of years and I still have fun playing them.

So there. Nyah

frankdux

A Clockwork Dux
May 5, 2001
They both translate to the PSP very well. Dont be bashing the PSP ports of Grand theft auto vice city and liberty stories.I've been playing them for a couple of years and I still have fun playing them.

So there. Nyah

You've got that completely backwards. The PS2 games are ports of the PSP games. Both came out on PSP first.

GhastlyN

No Longer a Noob
Jan 30, 2004
Liberty City Stories is fun. Better funny radio station commercials to listen to and most of the hidden packages are easier to see than the red balloons in Vice City STories. The balloons are also like hidden really well its annoying lol.

CHEWYdaat

No Longer a Noob
Aug 18, 2011
Scotland
Liberty City Stories is fun. Better funny radio station commercials to listen to and most of the hidden packages are easier to see than the red balloons in Vice City STories. The balloons are also like hidden really well its annoying lol.

Vice City stories had more fun vehicles though! The Little Willy was fun (not something you can usually say without being arrested) and the ATV (I forget what it's called, the one with 6 wheels) was really cool too, would have loved them in san Andreas, it'd be great to see things like that in V though

CHEWYdaat

No Longer a Noob
Aug 18, 2011
Scotland
nuenundneunzig luftballoons da da da da da.... WAH WAH WAH WAH (that's the guitar)

I'd be lying if I didn't sing that while collecting the red balloons in Vice City stories...

Jun 15, 2011
South of the North Pole

So there. Nyah

You've got that completely backwards. The PS2 games are ports of the PSP games. Both came out on PSP first.
I know that, I meant that there may have been improvements upon the PSP to PS2 games that may have effected my opinion.

ZIIIIING

Loyal Vestibulian
Aug 12, 2009
Both games are PSP classics but LCS holds a more special place in my heart. I preferred Tony Cipriani over Vic Vance as the main protagonist (Vic was always weird about his motivations and such). So story wise, LCS takes the spot. I like both Liberty City and Vice City so it's a tie there (they are 2 completely different places). Gameplay wise, VCS has everything LCS has and more (swimming, choppers etc.)

So I guess to just fuck around in, I prefer VCS but overall the feel and the story (Italian mafia compared to cuban mafia and the story and stuff), I prefer LCS.

dark_guardian1

Doing It For Her
Jan 7, 2004
VCS has more side content, plus swimming & airplanes, LCS is good but the only new thing in Liberty is bikes.

GhastlyN

No Longer a Noob
Jan 30, 2004
yeah side content such as unlockables are more fun for Vice City Stories but the balloons are hard and annoying to try to find. while in liberty city stories I always keep ending up finding 81 of the hidden packages and end up with the flamethrower for the last weapon unlockable while i dont mind having to buy the rocket launcher from the weapons store on the second island

mikezilla2

i pawned road !
Apr 3, 2005
Both games are PSP classics but LCS holds a more special place in my heart. I preferred Tony Cipriani over Vic Vance as the main protagonist (Vic was always weird about his motivations and such). So story wise, LCS takes the spot. I like both Liberty City and Vice City so it's a tie there (they are 2 completely different places). Gameplay wise, VCS has everything LCS has and more (swimming, choppers etc.)

So I guess to just fuck around in, I prefer VCS but overall the feel and the story (Italian mafia compared to cuban mafia and the story and stuff), I prefer LCS.

pretty Much this

played alot of LCs and put over 20 hours in to multiplayer with friends , VCS on the other hand didnt like the story or VIC anywere near as much disliked the camera at times and there was almost nothing to the multiplayer with the way areas were zoned off , that being said if i recall the other Two islends outside portland in LCS had Poor item pick up locations in comparison