Dry_Bones

Zoidberg is back!
Nov 24, 2005
I'd have to say Mario Kart 7. It took some of Wii's problems like overbalanced items and questionable track selection, and fixed all of them. With some of the best tracks in the series, and plenty of old favorites, it's easily my favorite Mario Kart to date, even though the character roster isn't too great. At least they managed to add Shy Guy.

Oct 26, 2006
I think Mario Kart DS is the best one. It has everything that the previous games had, plus more. Mario Kart Wii technically has more than the DS one, but I enjoyed the idea that it is portable where you can play with anyone you meet up with.
Mario Kart Wii in second, and Double Dash!! in third.

___rioN99

Noob
Dec 10, 2011
Super Mario Kart on the SNES and Mario Kart 7. If MK 7 had no blue shells and a slightly better character roster it would be the best by a long way.

CAT_MARK_1

No Longer a Noob
Jan 31, 2004
Mario Kart 64 for the nostalgia, as the previous poster said. Then I'd put the Wii version a close second.

Jan 2, 2012
Dry_Bones said:
I'd have to say Mario Kart 7. It took some of Wii's problems like overbalanced items and questionable track selection, and fixed all of them. With some of the best tracks in the series, and plenty of old favorites, it's easily my favorite Mario Kart to date, even though the character roster isn't too great. At least they managed to add Shy Guy.

This.

Feb 24, 2012
I liked Wii for the replay value and I really liked all the race tracks on Double Dash so I'd say that those to are tied for first.

twilight_wolf

No Longer a Noob
Jul 9, 2006
Mario Kart Wii for its inclusion of motorcycles, tricks, halfpipes, and 12 player online. Mario Kart 3DS for its less intrusive items, customizeable karts and risky character inclusions. I can't decide between the both of them, although MK3DS is overall a better game. If only the pandemonium of MKWii could return, but minus the gamebreaking unfairness lol.

MegaSmiley

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 27, 2006
Mario Kart 64 for me because it had the best courses in my opinion and the other reason is pretty much nostalgia. Second would be Mario Kart 7 because of good graphics and some good courses.

negadave

Noob
May 16, 2012
norcal
this... except i don't even care about the roster. most of the roster's were just different skins on preset body types anyways... but this feels like the most balanced kart since snes (aside from the inclusion of that damn blue shell, seriously, now that we're online, lose it.) but with the best new tracks to date (except that one tiny donut track from dd... that track was probably one of the most genius ever... simple, short, and insane) i do wish they would bring back the dd style of powerups where the chosen character has an affinity to getting certain powerups.

smertrius77

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 12, 2012
dublin
ive nearly finish mario kart 8 ive just unlock mirror mode and coins increase your speed and doing stunts from ramps give your mini turbo boost , bikes are faster then karts and customizeable karts, holding down L or R button and let it go gives you mini turbo boost

Jul 12, 2014
Texas
ive nearly finish mario kart 8 ive just unlock mirror mode and coins increase your speed and doing stunts from ramps give your mini turbo boost , bikes are faster then karts and customizeable karts, holding down L or R button and let it go gives you mini turbo boost

still prefer 64,DD (best one), and wii

Sep 8, 2003
I posted this is another thread, but will repeat it here since its that important.

Mario Kart DS made leaps and bounds for Mario Kart. First game to feature online play, retro tracks, and mission mode. Not to mention personal icons that you could customize yourself. I had a sick 8 -bit black mage.

The track selection was excellent, and every single cup was enjoyable and replayable. That and DS download play was awesome to be able to play with my friends who didn't have the game, so there was no lack of social play. You could actually play with 8 people together socially.

Lastly I know a lot of people didn't like snaking, but I loved it. Last game where you could really do it. Felt like I took more power into my hands to win when the blue shells always took that power away from me. I'm pretty competitive so it was nice to be able to do that like in DD.

MK Wii took a huge step back for me. And while the series has moved back in the forward position, playing all of the newer games just makes me want to flip out MKDS and play it again.

Last edited: