Kamurocho_Freak

𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫 π”Šπ”¬π”‘π”‘π”’π”°π”° π”šπ”¬π”―π”°π”₯𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔒𝔯
β˜… MOD
Apr 24, 2010
Aokigahara
Whether it’s the latest release, or revisiting an old favourite, share your thoughts here.

Icey - Nintendo Switch

H2x1_NSwitchDS_Icey_image1600w.jpg

On the surface Icey is a straight up 2D brawler, with nice visuals, a decent combo system, and some cool mechanical enemy designs. The game really shines with it’s fourth wall breaking elements though, featuring a narrator that constantly chastises you for not following the objective marker and listening to his instructions. This has a number of different outcomes, which vary from the hilarious to the downright creepy, and whilst I’ve finished the main story, I doubt i’ve experimented enough to find all the different endings yet.

Monster Hunter World - PS4

jBALime.jpg

My first foray into this series since the first PSP game, I’m really into this game. At the point where I need to take on Diablos, my first attempt at which ended in failure![face_rose] Still, I love what I’ve played of this game so far. The world is beautiful, I love that it feels like an attempt at crafting an actual ecosystem, and taking down a savage beast proves immensely satisfying. And of course, dressing up my Palico in adorable outfits is the best![face_tongue]

bvNdGwZ.jpg

[face_love]

Dante-

Mod Trigger
β˜… MOD
Mar 25, 2009
Red Grave City
Wow, that turned out great for your created character in MHW!

ICEY was fun, I played that back when it originally released on the Hong Kong PSN store a year or so ago. Very interesting game.

As for myself, I've mainly just been sinking a ton of time into Street Fighter V because my boy Cody released last week. Even when I have other gaming intentions, I usually just put that on.

Outside of Street Fighter V, I've continued a bit of my replay of Okami and started Hollow Knight. I really, really want to get into the latter because it was one of my most anticipated games. I've just been finding it hard to get into a non-SFV mindset recently.

Kamurocho_Freak

β˜… MOD
Apr 24, 2010
Aokigahara
Wow, that turned out great for your created character in MHW!

ICEY was fun, I played that back when it originally released on the Hong Kong PSN store a year or so ago. Very interesting game.

As for myself, I've mainly just been sinking a ton of time into Street Fighter V because my boy Cody released last week. Even when I have other gaming intentions, I usually just put that on.

Outside of Street Fighter V, I've continued a bit of my replay of Okami and started Hollow Knight. I really, really want to get into the latter because it was one of my most anticipated games. I've just been finding it hard to get into a non-SFV mindset recently.

Once I saw the makeup options in the character creator, I pretty much had to![face_tongue]

I keep wanting to jump back into V, but I’m not sure if I ever will at this point. Last time I played was around the time Juri released, so it’s been ages! I’m sure the game feels very different now with all the tweaks and new additions to the roster.

tried a lot of games and not really liked them. wish kiwami 2 was out now

Couldn’t get into Nioh, I take it?

mrg1106

Powder
β˜…
Jan 4, 2011
Arendelle
I beat Birth by Sleep yesterday and started Kingdom Hearts II today.

Besides that, I’ve been playing a lot of FIFA 18 because I got it for 20 bucks on sale. Also Overwatch and some Street Fighter V here and there.

Kamurocho_Freak

β˜… MOD
Apr 24, 2010
Aokigahara

Besides that, I’ve been playing a lot of FIFA 18 because I got it for 20 bucks on sale. Also Overwatch and some Street Fighter V here and there.

Best Kingdom Hearts game.:)

Wish they’d just make Aqua the series protagonist tbh.

mrg1106

Powder
β˜…
Jan 4, 2011
Arendelle

Best Kingdom Hearts game.:)

Wish they’d just make Aqua the series protagonist tbh.
She’s that girl. I like Sora though too bc mah nostalgia. I fucking adored the first game as a young lad.

Redfield64

No Longer a Noob
Jun 29, 2017
I did a little double take when I saw your Monster Hunter character. That's pretty good!

Lots of Breath of the Wild. Its probably overtaken Xenoblade 2 as my favourite game on the Switch.

Also been dropping in and out of Mario Odyssey, and I've taken a wee break from Hyrule Warriors to play more of Fire Emblem Warriors.

Finally, I've been working through the DLC characters for Dynasty Warriors 9. I've clocked up a lot of hours on that game this year.

Kamurocho_Freak

β˜… MOD
Apr 24, 2010
Aokigahara
Finally, I've been working through the DLC characters for Dynasty Warriors 9. I've clocked up a lot of hours on that game this year.

Easily my most played game this year. Around 200 hours, and I haven’t even touched any of the Wu officers campaigns. I do want to get the dlc eventually, but I feel like by the time i’ve finished everything the main game has to offer, it will probably be pretty cheap.

mrg1106

Powder
β˜…
Jan 4, 2011
Arendelle

Easily my most played game this year. Around 200 hours, and I haven’t even touched any of the Wu officers campaigns. I do want to get the dlc eventually, but I feel like by the time i’ve finished everything the main game has to offer, it will probably be pretty cheap.
Is that game any good?

Kamurocho_Freak

β˜… MOD
Apr 24, 2010
Aokigahara
Is that game any good?

You will probably either love it or hate it. It’s pretty janky at times, the visuals aren’t that great, and the core gameplay loop is pretty repetitive. However that core gameplay of slicing through literally tens of thousands of enemies is something I find so incredibly satisfying, that i was more than happy to pump so many hours into the game.

There are a few things it does really well compared to its predecessors though. I like that you have both epic large scale battles and small skirmishes across the open world. Really brings a sense of scale to the conflict and it’s cool how completing the smaller objectives can influence how the main battle will play out. There are also 90 characters to play as, each with their own storylines and endings to unlock, though seeing them all will require you to replay certain battles a lot. They do still feel pretty different from each other though, and the criticisms thrown at the game for reducing the number of weapons feel overblown in my opinion.

Oh, and the game has a higher concentration of quality waifus than arguably any other franchise![face_tongue]

TLDR version. I like it, have no idea if you will or not. If you don’t have much experience with Warriors games I’d recommend either Samurai Warriors 4 or Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends over this one!

ThatGuySien

Valar Morghulis
May 28, 2009
Braavos
Is that game any good?
I've heard from series fans it's one of the worst.

I'm a pretty big musou fanboy and I've avoided it mostly because of all of the negative attention it got

Although reading the last two posts about it. I might buy it today

Last edited:
D

deleted-362034

Original poster
Started playing Hitman. Not played much but what I have played seems really fun. The fact you can go at the assassinations in multiple ways seems a really unique element and should be a lot of fun to play

Kamurocho_Freak

β˜… MOD
Apr 24, 2010
Aokigahara
Picked up Elite Dangerous on PS4 this weekend. I love the idea of a deep space flight sim with missions to run across the galaxy. I’m feeling very out of my depth so far though. Everything feels a bit too obtuse, and attempts to look for aid online all suggest watching the same hour long YouTube video before jumping in.

Day off today, so hoping to have a proper sit down with the game, and figure out if it’s for me or not.

Kingly

Super Star
Feb 21, 2014
Europe but not the EU - SMH
Recently played Titanfall 2- loved it although it was short and needed more structure. Tried the online too - really good but I think i've missed the boat.

Fallout 4 - its okay. Not NV or even 3 good. Good gameplay but the base building ruined the game. Too much looting involved and worse dialogue and quest options.

MGSV - started out well, even after the hospital. But my god does this game get boring. I spend half the time wondering what to do, where to go, scrabbling to get a helicopter to pick me up, its very repetitive, its slow, Snake doesn't talk, Quite design is woeful. Motherbase is boring, the open world is boring. So many weapons which are all basically the same with stupidly high cost of money. - the gameplay though 10/10.

Rayman Legends - simply put amazing game, so much fun.
Turbo Track Mania - simply put amazingly fun game.

GhastlyN

No Longer a Noob
Jan 30, 2004
Recently or since last week Ive been playing Breath of Fire IV for my PSP. Level grinding while being at the woods area to use apples as lure traps.

That and planning on playing Dino Crisis 1 and 2 for my Playstation 3

mr_chun

Pocket Modster
β˜… MOD
Dec 29, 2004
Kanto
Trying to decide if I'm buying Octopath Traveler this week or not. Gonna play the Prologue demo.

Also getting back into Minecraft, now that Realms is supported on Switch.

Dante-

Mod Trigger
β˜… MOD
Mar 25, 2009
Red Grave City
I'm probably going to wait until another gaming drought before I play Octopath Traveller. I'm too busy with Hollow Knight right now and I'm buying the Mega Man X Legacy Collections when they release in a couple of weeks. After that I'll be buying Yakuza Kiwami 2, Dragon Quest XI and Mega Man 11 all on day one so I'll be pretty occupied for a while.

This week I've finally managed to put more time into Hollow Knight. It was one of my absolute most anticipated games but it released at a busy time for me. I've put about 6 hours into it now and I love it to death. It's everything I'd hoped it would be. It gives me a lot of the same feelings that Ori and the Blind Forest did, and that game is my game of the generation. Hollow Knight is obviously a much darker game and uses some Souls influence. The bosses have been fun so far but I'm sure I'll enjoy the game even more as I gain new abilities. Gaining the dash ability and wall jump ability really opened the game up for me because up until I got them I could really feel their abesense. Once I got them I was able to play the way I wanted to.

Last edited:

Kamurocho_Freak

β˜… MOD
Apr 24, 2010
Aokigahara
Picked up Elite Dangerous on PS4 this weekend. I love the idea of a deep space flight sim with missions to run across the galaxy. I’m feeling very out of my depth so far though. Everything feels a bit too obtuse, and attempts to look for aid online all suggest watching the same hour long YouTube video before jumping in.

Day off today, so hoping to have a proper sit down with the game, and figure out if it’s for me or not.

After putting a decent number of hours into it, i’m really starting to enjoy this game. I’ve seen some beautiful sights, had some intense dogfights, and done a ton of courier missions. Starting to become more invested in the world too, now that i’m more familiar with both the human factions, and the potential alien invasion that seems to be looming. Was worried this was gonna be as shallow as No Man’s Sky, but the gameplay itself has way more depth, and at least so far, I feel like I always have a new objective to work toward.

Dante-

Mod Trigger
β˜… MOD
Mar 25, 2009
Red Grave City
I ended up deciding to juggle Hollow Knight and Octopath Traveler. I'm hoping I can finish Hollow Knight before I receive my copy of Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2. I have a little bit of extra time because I ordered the physical version from the US.

I'm about 5 hours into Octopath Traveler and I like it a lot so far. The break and boost aspects of the combat are a simple concept but they make the combat fun and addictive. The visuals are beautiful and the soundtrack has been good so far. The character stories seem to be fairly basic right now but they have a charming quality to them and do the job. I started with Ophilia and made my way counter-clockwise around the map.

As for Hollow Knight, I think I'm pretty far in now and I like it a lot. It does so many things well and is definitely one of the best representations of the Metroidvania genre in recent years. It feels good to traverse this world and the combat is good for the genre. The mood and aesthetic of the game is incredible and is one of the things that will stay with me long after I'm done with the game. I will say that I definitely prefer Ori and the Blind Forest but Hollow Knight is certainly my second favourite Metroidvania of the last 7 or 8 years.

Last edited:

Cheski

Excelsior
β˜… MOD
May 7, 2005
I am finally spending some time with God of War, and will be starting Hollow Knight this week.

Propofolkills

Stay Puft
Aug 26, 2014
Ireland
Still Hitman. Also played some Everybody's Golf with [URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/ben242000.545357/'][URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/ben242000.545357/']@ben242000[/URL][/URL] yesterday and played so well I made an instructional video on the perfect green play

[URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/propofolkills.5053657/'][URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/propofolkills.5053657/']@Propofolkills[/URL][/URL] might enjoy the expert level play on show
Was playing Everybody’s Golf myself last night with a m8, went for Kanoloa Beach course on Slots mode. Which btw is the only way I could beat Ben.

Propofolkills

Stay Puft
Aug 26, 2014
Ireland
Still Hitman. Also played some Everybody's Golf with [URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/ben242000.545357/'][URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/ben242000.545357/']@ben242000[/URL][/URL] yesterday and played so well I made an instructional video on the perfect green play

[URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/propofolkills.5053657/'][URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/propofolkills.5053657/']@Propofolkills[/URL][/URL] might enjoy the expert level play on show
As a matter of interest, is anyone else’s caddy glitches like this ?

Umbra_Witcher

Bad Seed
Jan 27, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Still Hitman. Also played some Everybody's Golf with yesterday and played so well I made an instructional video on the perfect green play

lol, no, outside of them telling me there's something in my way when there is nothing within 100 miles. gd, openhole's golfer is so ugly these days.

D

deleted-362034

Original poster
Still Hitman. Also played some Everybody's Golf with yesterday and played so well I made an instructional video on the perfect green play

lol, no, outside of them telling me there's something in my way when there is nothing within 100 miles. gd, openhole's golfer is so ugly these days.
that's weird completely wrong tips. not had that

Propofolkills

Stay Puft
Aug 26, 2014
Ireland

Believe me, the slimmer normal sized head version has been a huge improvement.

Propofolkills

Stay Puft
Aug 26, 2014
Ireland

ThatGuySien

Valar Morghulis
May 28, 2009
Braavos
18 hours into Octopath Traveller in the middle of my first chapter 2 quest. Decided to do Primrose first and the strategy that I had lost due to being overleveled for chapter 1 has come back full force and reinforced why I am absolutely loving this game

GhastlyN

No Longer a Noob
Jan 30, 2004
An hour ago I was playing MLB 2001 and Monkey Hero for my original Playstation

mr_chun

Pocket Modster
β˜… MOD
Dec 29, 2004
Kanto
I'm 35 hours deep into the new Minecraft update. Started a realm on Switch with a few friends and a few board members. It's been great!

D

deleted-362034

Original poster
Should I get The Witcher 3 or God of War?

I like the look of The Witcher open world but I like to play something with crazy fun combat lik GOW
Combat in GoW is a lot better. Witcher has a much richer world. Get both if you can

gencid

Termina Moon Society
β˜…
Sep 10, 2000
Clock Tower
I just finished Episode 4 from Telltale's The Walking Dead: A New Frontier last night. It was the weakest of the season so far as I have really liked Episodes 1-3 and thought Episode 4 was only OK and a tad slow. Hopefully I can finish the game this weekend, after which I will get back to Assassin's Creed Syndicate on Xbox One and Metroid: Samus Returns on the 3DS.

Last edited:

MatthewGavin10

No Longer a Noob
Jan 16, 2015
PA
God of War - main game right now. Finishing up the last favor. Just road the giant boat in the main quest.

Mario + Rabbids - started Donkey Kong adventure

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - always a staple in my house