Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2004
http://boards.ign.com/punk_and_ska/b5121/163669006/p1/?14

Some in there. I had a link to a huge ska list from the Vesti but I guess I deleted it. =\

Faromir

Noob
Dec 2, 2002
I'm gonna go ahead and be an asshole and say that none of the bands mentioned in this thread are ska.

since majisto doesn't post here anymore I gotta carry the torch of trad ska elitism

BasNoBua

Noob
Oct 10, 2005
I think I mentioned Talco before in another thread, but Italy and Spain both have some good political ska-punk bands.

BasNoBua

Noob
Oct 10, 2005
Free download for Talco: The lyrics are all in Italian, but if you speak or understand some Spanish you'll get the gist of it. Even if the lyrics are meaningless to you, its good sounding stuff.

http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/4818

TimmyTED

Noob
Feb 7, 2010
drummertilldeath said:
See title. I love Reel Big Fish and Streetlight Manifesto if that helps in any way.
the supervillains are playing with streetlight manifesto this summer

drummertilldeath

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 4, 2008
TimmyTED said:
drummertilldeath said:
See title. I love Reel Big Fish and Streetlight Manifesto if that helps in any way.
the supervillains are playing with streetlight manifesto this summer

Yeah, a friend of mine told me they were playing at the Starland Ballroom in June. I would go, but I don't have any money or a job. Now I feel like a loser. :(

Aug 15, 2000

This board is absurd. The guy lists Reel Big Fish and Streetlight Manifesto so you know what he means when he says ska, but instead of helping you squabble over genre tags and offer up bands that you know are not what he was looking for because he cited REEL BIG FISH.

Jeesh. Anyway, bands loosely along the lines of the two you listed:

Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution
Big D and the Kids Table
Catch 22
Choking Victim/Leftover Crack
Less Than Jake
The Mad Caddies
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Mustard Plug
The Pietasters
RX Bandits
Slapstick

Ranger_Chick

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 13, 2004
JCarr-rules said:
This board is absurd. The guy lists Reel Big Fish and Streetlight Manifesto so you know what he means when he says ska, but instead of helping you squabble over genre tags and offer up bands that you know are not what he was looking for because he cited REEL BIG FISH.

Jeesh. Anyway, bands loosely along the lines of the two you listed:

Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution
Big D and the Kids Table
Catch 22
Choking Victim/Leftover Crack
Less Than Jake
The Mad Caddies
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Mustard Plug
The Pietasters
RX Bandits
Slapstick

i said less than jake

and im not afraid to admit i like rbf

Jul 5, 2003
JCarr-rules don't be a bitch. The limited number of users on this board gave out adequate suggestions to what the OP asked. Plus we gave out more Traditional sounding Ska bands, which the user might find interesting. When I was a youth I got into Ska through Punk, so many of the first Ska bands I got into were actually Skacore, but as I learned more, I developed a broader taste. We shouldn't insult the OP with just one sub-genre of a multifaceted type of music, they might be interested in learning to dig a littler deeper.

jackomcw

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 26, 2010
I saw the Supervillains with SM like 2 weeks ago, they were pretty awesome. Also, Bomb the Music Industry isn't exactly ska but sorta and is really awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.