MikeyAde

No Longer a Noob
Apr 18, 2001
No I started hunting it again 3 months ago on PSO BB. I had several multiple year stretches of not playing PSO1. I played PSO2 JP for 4 years and WoW for 3.

This hunt was not easy. I got PD'ed 58 times. (In addition to the 38 I got on PSO GC). The server I play on (Ephinea) uses vanilla drop rates.

GreenG

No Longer a Noob
Aug 25, 2000
At the rate I play I believe it would take me 19 years. I haven't been on Ephinea in quite a while.

Congrats on your find.

MikeyAde

No Longer a Noob
Apr 18, 2001
Ephinea hunt stats:

XP gained during hunt: 27,459,302
PW4 2F runs: 4,220
Gi Gue PDs: 58
Gi Gues killed: 21,100
Total PDs from Gi Gues / boxes / other enemies in the first 2 floors: 215
# of times the lone Ill Gill dropped Yamigarusu: 7
# of times the lone Del Lily dropped Heart of Poumn: 4
# of times Partisan of Lightning dropped from the 3 Gibbles: Probably about 40; I stopped counting those
Weirdest find: 95% hit Demon Ripper
# of deaths: 1- I fell asleep once and died to the beginning Ill Gill
Weird thing: SJS dropped the same run that a Gibbles dropped a PoL in the previous room- maybe I should have finished the entire run

Lifetime stats (this is my first SJS ever and hunted it on multiple platforms):

Gi Gue PDs: 115 (conservatively low estimate)
# of Gi Gues killed: 41,836 (conservatively low estimate)
Worst event: Back to back PDs from 2 consecutive Gi Gues on PSO GameCube

The drop rate for SJS is 1/12,603, so I had to kill over 3x its drop rate in my lifetime to get it. That puts me in about the bottom 3 percentile for bad luck. Given the few people who would actually put up with a hunt that long, I would venture to bet that I'm probably the unluckiest SJS hunter in the history of the game, US or Japan.

But I don't give a crap because I won. I beat fate and gave it the middle finger. I bent the universe to my iron will.

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma
Ephinea hunt stats:

XP gained during hunt: 27,459,302
PW4 2F runs: 4,220
Gi Gue PDs: 58
Gi Gues killed: 21,100
Total PDs from Gi Gues / boxes / other enemies in the first 2 floors: 215
# of times the lone Ill Gill dropped Yamigarusu: 7
# of times the lone Del Lily dropped Heart of Poumn: 4
# of times Partisan of Lightning dropped from the 3 Gibbles: Probably about 40; I stopped counting those
Weirdest find: 95% hit Demon Ripper
# of deaths: 1- I fell asleep once and died to the beginning Ill Gill
Weird thing: SJS dropped the same run that a Gibbles dropped a PoL in the previous room- maybe I should have finished the entire run

Lifetime stats (this is my first SJS ever and hunted it on multiple platforms):

Gi Gue PDs: 115 (conservatively low estimate)
# of Gi Gues killed: 41,836 (conservatively low estimate)
Worst event: Back to back PDs from 2 consecutive Gi Gues on PSO GameCube

The drop rate for SJS is 1/12,603, so I had to kill over 3x its drop rate in my lifetime to get it. That puts me in about the bottom 3 percentile for bad luck. Given the few people who would actually put up with a hunt that long, I would venture to bet that I'm probably the unluckiest SJS hunter in the history of the game, US or Japan.

But I don't give a crap because I won. I beat fate and gave it the middle finger. I bent the universe to my iron will.

Wow...those numbers are insane...

I still remember running tower with you back on Ep 1 and 2, possible on the unofficial server as well...while trying to get the Yamigarasu.

Planning to unseal that thing next?