gengarsmyth

IGN Administrator
★ STAFF
Jul 8, 2015
Hello everyone!

I’m Ginger, a product manager here at IGN, and for the past couple of months we’ve been working on overhauling the boards so we can get them up to date with technology and fix some of the user problems we’ve been having as a result of them being...well...old.

A few things you may notice:
  • ign.com/boards is now ignboards.com
    • We wanted boards to have their own domain, to help with SEO needs
  • A completely overhauled visual experience
    • This is pretty self explanatory. Hi! Welcome!
  • A light mode, and a dark mode
    • You can switch these at the bottom of the page, check ‘em out
  • A fully-responsive design
    • If you’re on desktop, go ahead and shrink it down, check out those smooth transitions
    • If you’re on mobile, enjoy a new, streamlined, not horrible-nested-in-single-file-replies experience!
  • Push Notifications (coming soon)
    • This will be available for non-Apple devices; we’re still exploring our options for Apple devices
I know a lot of you love our boards, so thanks for your patience over the last day while we completed these upgrades. Obviously we want to continue working on making improvements in the future, and I’m sure there are things we missed. On that note…

If you have found bugs, and would like to report them, you can do so through this form.
Please fill out AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE!!

Additionally, if you have questions about the changes or ideas for new things, feel free to post them in this thread and I’ll do my best to follow up on them.

Thanks y’all!

Last edited: