glidemvp22

Noob
Sep 21, 2009
I can't be the only one experiencing this. Sometimes when I'm in an encounter, where I have a shield in my left hand and a sword in the right, my weapons switch. All of a sudden, without even pushing the d-pad. I get switched to a bow on the left and a bare fist on the right. This has lead to some cheap deaths. Also when attacking with R1 sometimes my character will consume an estus flask....and I'm not even pushing square! Could it be my ps3 controller? I don't have any issues on any other game with both of my controllers. I believe I had a similar problem in either Demon Souls or Dark Souls.....but not as bad is Dark Souls 2.

Jan 6, 2016
Sorry about late post, but I've just recently started playing Demon's Souls ;)

Yes, the weapon switching bug has happened to me a lot in Demon's Souls, and I think I've figured out what's causing it: You need to go easy (easier) on the left analog stick when moving around the enemy. I know this is hard, as my instinct tells me to pull it hard in the direction I want ;)

Maybe this problem doesn't exist with a brand new controller, I don't know. But the problem should go away completely if you move the analog stick(s) with less force.