Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1159199p1.html]WC 11: Green Lantern Video Game Might Not Suck[/link]
by Greg Miller

Summary:
We've been burned by comic-movie games before, but Hal Jordan's upcoming adventure actually looks rather fun. [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1159199p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Latnok

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2008
Meh, I don't trust Greggs opinion, he gets excited everytime with these games and smackdown vs raw every year.

If it's good then so be it. I'll just wait for the review.

Radiel88

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 26, 2004
Sounds cool, but rather than a willpower meter, shouldn't it be a ring charge meter? And you have to refill by charging up with a battery? Would make more sense then your willpower running out =/

BadgerWithAGun

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 25, 2005
It seems like it's not gonna be a bad game. Unfortunately, with so so(so so so) many fantastic games coming out this year, I only have the money to get the 9/10's. And even then I'll have to make some sacrifices. There are just too many good games this year.

B

BigBacon87

Original poster
Sweet! I love finding games in the $20 rack that are actually enjoyabe!

JeanLucAwesome

Ambassador of Awesome
Sep 19, 2009
Saitama
@UFN101
They usually suck but there are some good ones out there.
Take Wolverine Origins for example, crappy movie but it's a decent game.

RoboXIII

Noob
Jun 24, 2004
While reading this I began to think it was an April Fools Day joke--then I looked at the date.

Jul 17, 2003
The local co-op makes it sound to me like this is the same team at Double Helix who made GI Joe for EA. Not the guys who made Front Mission and Silent Hill. So...I'm gonna stay cynical on this one. Still, if it's at all decent, I'll AT LEAST rent it. Maybe buy it when it (quickly) drops in price to $30. SEGA's Captain America tie-ins look terrible, but Thor looks a'ight. Hopefully Thor and Green Lantern can end up being y'know....actually sorta okay?

BACHERG

No Longer a Noob
Oct 20, 2010
hmmmm good article. ill wait till i see other reviews before i decide to buy it. the only game i heard for a movie tie in wich was great was the orgins wolverine so im hoping gl gets an 8 the most

Leo_99999

Noob
Dec 14, 2009
@Tywall52345

He's not talking about being disappointed by the movie (which is pretty much universally loved), he's talking about the abysmal game that was released in conjunction with the film

Feb 14, 2010
This is what all major game critics do, they see some movie game at a convention, then go all around saying how this may be the one movie game that breaks the whole bad game formula that all movie games have gotten into, and then spend the next few months hyping up the game, and then on review day, give it a bad score. It's called marketing, people.

j13kaw

Noob
Jan 31, 2011
There have been a few movie games that broke the mold recently (one that comes to mind is X-Men Origins: Wolverine UNCAGED EDITION) but whenever a new movie-game is announced I ALWAYS, no matter how good the article says the game is, click on the developer on the right hand side of the page.

Then, look at what they've done in the past. I did that here and... well it doesn't add much optimism to my outlook on this game that's for sure.

An example from the other side is the new Transformers movie game, based on the upcoming Dark of the Moon. When that was announced I was disappointed because I'm looking forward to the movie so much, but I knew the Revenge of the Fallen game was quite mediocre. However I still clicked on the developer and saw it was the same guys that did War for Cybertron, so things are looking up for that one.

Green Lantern game, not so much. Hopefully we're surprised.

AMotleyFool

Almost Not a Noob
May 29, 2003
I watched people play it for about thirty minutes yesterday. I was in line for the signing and didn't get a chance to try it out myself. It looked like your typical action-adventure combat, with some pretty interesting effects. The people playing it definitely enjoyed it.

Apr 13, 2010
"If for some reason you don't you know what Green Lanterns are"

I guess comic book lore is supposed to be common knowledge these days?

Greggy-IGN

Prime Member
Feb 19, 2007
I started the Iron Man 2 review by apologizing for saying the game might be okay. Doesn't that count for anything?

Mikey5214

Noob
Sep 15, 2010
Ha ha it counts for me Greggy-IGN. I for one am happy to see a little cautious optimism for a movie tie in game. Why not?

Mar 29, 2007
i recall similar claims about the iron man 2 game. and it sucked. so i agree with the person above me -- wait for arkham city.

BACHERG

No Longer a Noob
Oct 20, 2010
Long.Dong.Silver said:
green lantern should be black like in the justice league

you do realise the first green lantern was allan scott from the 40's right? and he was white..... hal is the second wile john ( black green lantern) is the 3rd....

Oct 3, 2005
IGN also said in their impressions that Iron-man 2 was good so I don't believe it until I see some gameplay footage.

Mar 20, 2009
I'm sure i'm not alone when i say i have been burned before with comic/movie to video game conversions. so i will keep my expectations low until there is something to base my expectations on. i do love the green lantern so i want to get me hopes up but i can't go through anymore pain.

May 2, 2009
@williamquah

I was about to say the same thing. We were told Iron Man 2 had "solid gameplay". I'll wait and see.

blusox6

Noob
Sep 8, 2006
I'm hoping this game leans towards not sucking. I like the sounds of rocking the world as a Green Lantern, and a legit hero, not the... butchered... thing, you played as in... what's it called... Metallic Adult Male? Yeah, that experience sucked, but I hope for the best with this, as well as the movie. Ryan Renolds rocks.

hazelamym

Noob
Oct 14, 2008
they usually do look fun, but then reality sets in when you get the finished product, and as most people know by now, reality is quite often a disappointment.

Aug 21, 2010
After Batman AA, I have a reason to expect a decent comic book game. I hope this one does good but am not holding my breath. The preview build of these games are almost always misleading and the final version is a whopping dissapointment.

Tsukaiden

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 30, 2006
"Even with those concerns, I've impressed with what I saw of Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters and that probably because it didn't look cheap."

Few grammatical errors there [face_tongue]

Thought IGN was pretty picky when it came to selecting journalists.

sam.hxc

Noob
Jul 28, 2010
This game would be so much better if they added free flight in ground based levels... Everything else sounds awesome.

SKlfcker

Noob
Oct 20, 2008
It is funny how these guys have jobs doing what most of us would dream of but can't even manage to spell correctly or use proper grammar. That just sucks!

salemboy94

Noob
Jul 11, 2009
@ SKlfcker

Well, maybe when you have to write multiple articles per day and have them uploaded in a timely manner before it's old news, maybe then you'll understand. With the dozens of articles uploaded each day, there are going to be typos and errors. Organizations that half weeks to plan and edit often have more errors than I find on IGN. So, instead of criticizing their few errors, how about you realize that they have to work the a**es off to write their articles by the deadline?

smash94

Noob
Mar 6, 2011
theres only ever been a handful of movie video games that ever actually succeeded Goldeneye for N64 for example so if they pull this game off i might just buy it but it will be at the bottom of my list of games to get

fsu_csu

Noob
May 16, 2008
I've read this type of article from IGN before. It all leads to 4.0-6.0 for actual review.

Status
Not open for further replies.