m00m00m00

ಠ_ಠ
Jun 14, 2001
Plans got upgraded this week. New plans are 30 month/taxes included, now has domestic roaming and is on Verizon's core network, no Cloud non-sense anymore. The 45 plan is the same thing but with mmwave (doesn't matter), and 50gb of postpaid priority data.

Not good if you have multiple lines. Appeals to individuals. USMobile has a better family setup iirc.

Not a referral link, just a thing where if you sign up through that and "set up" Paypal (it doesnt really check for it), it's a permanent 5 dollars off for the life of the account supposedly, but nothing confirms this other than people saying the discount works on the 2nd month too. So it makes the plans 25 and 40 respectively.

They also have an Apple Watch plan for 5 dollars extra a month.

Hotspot is limited to 5mbps but there's lots of ways around it (pdanet, ttl hacks, etc)

I'm using it as a home internet replacement for awhile since I can't afford the 50-70 a month for that, and there's actual deadspots here in Tx if you try to use tmobile or att in rural areas. Still using mint mobile (tmobile) as my work number which was free from referrals, but anyway, that's just a 4gb/month plan.

Don't bother gaming on it though.

Another reason Visible and USMobile are appealing is the baked in fees. Cause in Texas they just went up a LOT https://www.dallasnews.com/news/wat...e-in-september-and-nobody-told-you-until-now/

@pavoid you might notice it next month

At least 5 bucks a month extra per line, maybe 10.

m00m00m00

ಠ_ಠ
Jun 14, 2001
other random notes: supports esim on some android phones. i think they also have some esim trial. so yeah, keep your main number for work, as theres some horror stories out there from when it was on the cloud network. just basically exists for data for me and the verizon coverage.

full transparency: had a free phone plan with mint mobile due to referrals, and currently pay 5 dollars for the legacy visible plan due to referrals with that. they let you upgrade to the new plans, 5 extra a month to get the better latency and roaming, and it does lead to better speeds (150ms vs 20ms). so basically 10 a month.

m00m00m00

ಠ_ಠ
Jun 14, 2001
Also chase usually has an offer for 25 dollars off your first month as a statement credit

Don't waste your time with the cashback sites

m00m00m00

ಠ_ಠ
Jun 14, 2001
Other misc notes for bypassing hotspot cap:

you can use pdanet and use wifi direct to connect to a pc or tablet with the app installed. one device.

You can use the native hotspot on android with visible since its unlimited hotspot, and use that in repeater mode with glinet travel router, such as the Beryl or Axt1800, and then go into custom firewall rules with luci (its openwrt btw) and add this line

iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING 1 -j TTL --ttl-set 88

most others use 65, but 88 and 117 also seem to work fine

I have a beryl

i guess the repeater is supposed to cut speeds in half? not really seeing it even though ive tried a usb c hub with ethernet plugged into the phone and router

Last edited:

Solar7

Final Justice!
★ MOD
Aug 3, 2000
Las Vegas
I think Verizon just did $30 for unlimited recently too. I saw a commercial, but I expect it has a ton of hidden fees.

m00m00m00

ಠ_ಠ
Jun 14, 2001
I think Verizon just did $30 for unlimited recently too. I saw a commercial, but I expect it has a ton of hidden fees.

looks like you gotta have 4 lines

1661910769456.png

man using verizon fios high speed internet

i feel like i just googled some random spam article

and that guy has my hair before I cut it short

@Chrono_Link what do u think of this hair

tbh i didnt like going to a salon (instead of a barber) to get it cut cuz it was so expensive and i had to actually use hairspray, now its so short i dont have rly comb it or give a F, it was more popular in the 80s and if ur a tv weatherman

@Solar7 no offense or anything the puffy blonde hair look is aight its just im lazy. at some point (10th grade?) i was just gel-ing it more flat. but i went back to puffy really quick

and he copied my wear socks indoors and everywhere else style

fking copycat

Last edited:

m00m00m00

ಠ_ಠ
Jun 14, 2001
Followup, i actually have verizon UW on my tower now, so with the 45 dollar visible plus plan (40 if you use the paypal link), you get 200mbps speeds and the UW data doesnt count towards the 50gb priority data. Pretty nice. Paying 25 cuz of the referral thing i had been doing but for all intents and purposes it's $40 for most people.

Youll want to check the verizon coverage map to even see if you got UW or not. Most rural areas dont. It just turned on 2 weeks ago here.

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
I switched to Visible today. $20/month.

I had Mint prepaid for a year. Signal was good, but data was slow. Sometimes laughably slow.

At least Mint was super cheap.

My wife has been using Visible for a while and her data speeds are consistently good.

m00m00m00

ಠ_ಠ
Jun 14, 2001
That's cool. You still get uw with the basic plan, if the phone has the n77 band and in a.coverage area. It might not say uw at the top but can verify with the Signal Check Pro app. With the plus plan it does say UW at the top but they hide it on the basic plan.

The basic plan is deprioritized like Mint and other mvnos but it might not matter if your Verizon towers are uncongested. You can switch plans anytime in the app.

Big fan of taxes and fees included and unlimited hotspot (capped at.5mbps and 1 device, both of which can be bypassed with a travel router, windows hotspot, pdanet, or other ttl mangling)

They're also rolling out some fancier spam protection. settings in the app. Might or might not be there yet, isn't for me, just the basic toggle that's been there for awhile.

I recommend setting up a trusted device for two like a web browser just in case you lose your phone (and sim) and don't have access to SMS to verify a login

I still use a physical sim and a visible esim, and both have that * calling code that redirects the voicemail to Google voice so it's all in one place and I get a text message on missed calls with Google voice

Mints just there as a backup and I legit need both networks sometimes due to rural Texas and the deliveries i do. And backup calling exists on Android now though I don't think it works on galaxy properly although I think it does on Pixels

Mints pricing was good 4 years ago but now Visible is off that shitty cloud infrastructure and US mobile also includes taxes and fees and will soon have att support too, and has family plans and some priority data. The ATT support is coming July 1 iirc.

But yeah I need that priority data. I'm almost backed up to 2 schools and a high school stadium which goes to shit during their various sporting events in the evening

Last edited:

-Troopa-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 7, 2019
Yeah, I don't need super fast data since I'm on WiFi 99% of the time. I just don't want it to be super slow either, like Mint was. Just needs to be good enough to load Google Maps, email and an occasional web site, like loading a menu at a restaurant. Mint struggled to do that sometimes.

So far, I'm noticing Visible is much faster than Mint.

m00m00m00

ಠ_ಠ
Jun 14, 2001
Yeah, I don't need super fast data since I'm on WiFi 99% of the time. I just don't want it to be super slow either, like Mint was. Just needs to be good enough to load Google Maps, email and an occasional web site, like loading a menu at a restaurant. Mint struggled to do that sometimes.

So far, I'm noticing Visible is much faster than Mint.

Some claiming it's already gone

m00m00m00

ಠ_ಠ
Jun 14, 2001
Unrelated

Wish I could do this pr any of the other 35 a month promos since I have a non removable 5 dollar off a month promo. But I'd have to port out and back in

m00m00m00

ಠ_ಠ
Jun 14, 2001

Usmobile premium annual has price matched visible and you'll be able to switch between att tmo and vz towers at will (att still in beta)