Tiger61378

You gonna scream before I ban ya?
Sep 4, 2000
Fyrestone, deep in the Borderlands
The F1 circus hit Canada this weekend, and Vettel got his first win at Circuit Gilles Villenuve...but the celebration was dampened by news that a track worker was killed just after the race. The man, 38, was helping recover a backmarker car that had an issue pulling off of pit road and stopped near the exit of turn 2 when he dropped his radio in front of the recovery crane. When he bent over to pick it up, the crane driver never saw him and ran him over.

A real tragedy to mar such a wonderful race too...esp. the battle between Alonso and Hamilton in the closing laps, and also the battle between Massa and Kimi (the two Ferraris were putting on one hell of a show in the closing laps, even if they were far apart from each other).

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
I just recently found out about the accident with the track marshal. Wow.

I'm excited for Jev's sixth place finish for Toro Rosso giving them a decent finish and the highest in a while. I think he's an excellent candidate for the empty Red Bull seat next season. Riccardo on the other hand just can't seem to pull through in races after decent qualifying times with the car and equipment provided to him.

Sagara-san

wandering my way through time
★ MOD
Sep 9, 2008
Under a Tree
just a bad deal...

clear reminder that a simple mistake(dropping his radio) could be fatal and to always be aware of your surroundings.

Oct 27, 2006
We definitely need 'a' F1 board.

To OP, kindly stop posting spoilers in the title. Use your brain, use your common sense!.
LOL, the race was 15 days ago. It might be a spoiler for a couple days but not two weeks later....

iTapatalkin 2 4 Free!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2006
The race was on 9th and he posted this on 10th.

Unlike you, I do have a working brain and eyes.
You waited until 15 days later to call it a spoiler. So no, it's not a spoiler at this point in time, or when you called it one.

Besides that fact, when you look on the IGN Boards, this is clearly the only board that motorsports fits in to. Do you really expect to venture to a board and expect everyone to keep every result from every race a secret inside of the post? I don't think so.

If you don't want to see spoilers, don't go looking for them. (Yes, checking the respective board for the sport is looking for them)

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
It was used for both the game and TV. Before the rollout there used to be a fantasy league run by a few board members. Good times.