LiquidSnake71

No Longer a Noob
Oct 17, 2000
Obviously very late to the party with the Last of Us. Literally just beat the game.

Great game, the story was totally engrossing, and that's a huge credit to Naughty Dog. Really cared about the characters, and couldn't wait to see what happened next. The last hour or two of the game was intense, so much going on. More on that later.

So i loved the opening intro, just before/as the pandemic was happening, and I liked the stuff in Boston at the start, but when they left Boston, I felt the game/story dragged a bit. Really up until they met Henry & Sam, IMHO. Up until then, I wasn't hugely invested in the story, and I was seriously doubting the greatness of this game.

The 2nd half of this game was amazing, balls to the wall, story was interesting/amazing from here on out, relationship between Joel & Ellie had become one that I was really beginning to care about. The last few hours of the game, wow.

SPOILERS AHEAD

I thought Joel had died when he had fallen of the horse at the U of Colorado. Figured Ellie was on her own. It was great to see her slash up David, being chased around the restaurant was intense.

I then thought Ellie was done for, and Joel wouldn't be able to save her from the surgery at the end. Then I thought he was going to hand Ellie back to Marlene after her little speech.
It's rare that you get a game like this that actually gets you so invested in the story, such a great job done creating this story.

To Sum Up:
Overall, I have to say that the overall story is the greatest I've ever played. First half of the game, up until you meet Henry & Sam, I'd rank a 7/10. Nothing overly special for me.
Second half of the game, once you move on from there, it's indeed a 10/10 game. No doubt in my mind.

Torn in terms of re-playability though, I don't have much interest in getting to that point in pittsburgh again, but I'm more than keen to play the rest of the game from that point onwards. Wish i'd have kept a saved game!!

What are your thoughts on the ending of the game? Did you like it? Should Joel have done something else? Do you care?