Sagara-san

wandering my way through time
★ MOD
Sep 9, 2008
Under a Tree
awesome and i'm now a scotty fan. loved the enthusiasm he had and the f bomb on live tv was hilarious.

woody938

The Irresponsible Captain Typo
Apr 23, 2007
Black Lizard Planet
Lots of incidents, most were probably caused by exhaustion through that race. Also I don't think Lowndes needed the mirror anyway.

I wasn't taking note of it at the time but I wonder what happened to McLaughlin.

//can't spell his name without a laugh

Sagara-san

★ MOD
Sep 9, 2008
Under a Tree
battery died for scotty. where he stopped caused the last safety car period.

was quite the error by wincup's crew guy. next time point from a distance eh? [face_tongue]

woody938

Apr 23, 2007
Black Lizard Planet
Shame for Scott, but lol, good point, that's gonna piss Jamie off for the rest of the year I'm sure. I noted yesterday Jamie didn't really comment on the last turn, I guess he's trying to shake off the haters' nickname for him, Whingecup, that's what my bro calls him anyway.

Last edited:

woody938

Apr 23, 2007
Black Lizard Planet
Jamie thought Scott did give him a nudge before he was shown he replay so his mind was likely set on that, he did seem annoyed so if his mind wasn't set on that he might've talked about the battle before the final corner and even for the laps before they went side-by-side like Lowndes commented on Courtney for Race 3. It's easy to tell who mostly wants success and who mostly enjoys the racing by the post-race interviews in that way, but of course most drivers are a mix of both.

I find it amazing that after all the years Lowndes has been racing and with all the success he has had that he seems to still do it mostly for the enjoyment of racing.

Sagara-san

★ MOD
Sep 9, 2008
Under a Tree
oh lol. I only saw the highlights of race 2 and the vid you posted(couldn't stay up for it)

You can totally see the joy on lowndes's face after a good run or a good battle. i just think he never takes racing in a top series for granted.

i'm sad i missed out on race 1 and 2, but for race 3, i have a question for ya.

New restart rule, what do you think of it? for me, i like it the idea of it, but it needs a lot of tweaking to get the right balance to get action and not incidents like Jason Bright's flip. In the past, you could speed up before the last corner, so exiting that corner, things were spread out and almost no passing could happen. i get the not so fun aspect of it, but At adelaide, the new restart box was too far down the front straight. So that was part of the reason everyone was so bunched up going into 1.

woody938

Apr 23, 2007
Black Lizard Planet
I think restarts should be 2 abreast with the race leader deciding when to go, that way you get the action and the drivers already have someone beside them so they already know to drive with extra caution. Of course, turn 1 at Adelaide is historically one of the most dangerous in the country, turn 8 just gets all the attention because it's even more dangerous, both Bright and Tander are two of the most experienced drivers in the field and I think exhaustion may have fogged their judgement on that occasion, I'm sure Tander was just asserting his racing line while Bright thought he'd fall back.

Sagara-san

★ MOD
Sep 9, 2008
Under a Tree
so woody, how's the melbourne races going? v8superview isn't streaming this weekend because formula 1 said so.... [face_frustrated]

woody938

Apr 23, 2007
Black Lizard Planet
I'm still warming up to this new computer so it's slipped my mind, just checked the guide and either I've missed the V8 races or they haven't been shown, Channel TEN has the rights for Formula 1 but Channel 7 has the rights for the V8 Supercars here, bitter rivals for broadcasting so it wouldn't surprise me if F1 got priority and 7 missed out.

Sagara-san

★ MOD
Sep 9, 2008
Under a Tree
ah that makes sense. new computers are fun lol....

well, i'll be watching the F1 race for sure in a couple hours. hoping it shakes up the order a bit.

woody938

Apr 23, 2007
Black Lizard Planet
One thing I'm finding annoying is I can't seem to copy/create/extract files from some programs, though another is licenses for some songs didn't transfer over with the external HDD.

I've currently got the F1 on TV with lots of time filling going on for now.

Sagara-san

★ MOD
Sep 9, 2008
Under a Tree
One thing I'm finding annoying is I can't seem to copy/create/extract files from some programs, though another is licenses for some songs didn't transfer over with the external HDD.

I've currently got the F1 on TV with lots of time filling going on for now.

i experienced the same thing with some of the cds i ripped into mp3s on my old laptop. i just re-ripped them for this computer instead of figuring out how to get the old versions to work. also, upp'd the sound quality because i could for the new computer. that 1TB HDD is nice for that. lol... i've only used like 30gigs of space on it so far. (feels endless)

woody938

Apr 23, 2007
Black Lizard Planet
That was a good battle between the jandal and the champ early on, I wonder if Scotty needs to work on his fitness because he seemed to have been fading away as the race progressed.

woody938

Apr 23, 2007
Black Lizard Planet
Yeah, I had no choice but to have a back seat in watching it with a full lounge room and having to write up a report anyway, but of what I was able to collect Frosty woulda had the race either way, he's clearly got good pace, it's just a shame Scotty lost another potentially good load of points. I wonder what happened to the Gis when he got passed by Frosty then seemingly half the field.

Sagara-san

★ MOD
Sep 9, 2008
Under a Tree
yea, Shane fell like a rock for what seems like no reason. He got up to speed on lap 6 or so.

Mid race, I thought Fabian would have given Frosty a run for his money, but he got hit with a pesky pit road speeding penalty.

woody938

Apr 23, 2007
Black Lizard Planet
Shame he got hit with that too, Coulthard seems to have the pace for a shot at the championship this year too, especially given Red Bull's up-and-down performance so far.

woody938

Apr 23, 2007
Black Lizard Planet
16 races down, the entire field is split by less than a second in qualifying, there has been 10 different race winners and all 5 manufacturers have enjoyed a race win. I don't think it's possible to predict what's to come of the remaining races let alone the championship this year.