THeThingFold

Prime Member
Aug 18, 2011
Hi 4 Echeloners,

I am no expert but I am rank somewhere in the 200 – 300 haven’t got on in a few days but done with only playing a few hours a night. I am IGN Prime member and figured I would share some of my thoughts on what makes a solid team for Uplink Control. Not going into too much detail, simply including what my group of friends use to remain winners each night.

LOAD OUT SUGGESTIONS
SPY
1 Spy
1 Recon

Trophy Systems These tri-pod devices do wonders in keeping random grenades and other projectile devices away from the defense or capture locations. Trophy devices do destroy Drones. If you’re able to hold a additional device equip Flash bangs.
Sonar – These Goggles are Critical in maintaining control of a location or initializing a capture. ( I would like to add my group has started pulling away from Sonar and using EMF. A spy should have the goal of never having to use Goggles during a match.
Armor – This truly depends on the play style. Take down Gloves work great for CQC against opposing Spies but I prefer Spider Gloves. Torso, Pants and Boots I don’t feel add any sort of advantage.
Pistol – Accuracy over Power
Alternate Weapon - MP5-10 is great! UMP45 is my preferred weapon because of the High Power and High Accuracy this weapon can gain with the right attachments. (As I said not going into too much detail but if you would like to know what attachments I prefer leave a comment)

• Situation awareness Spy must have a strong sense of spawns and frequently used Merc spots
  • Flawless execution A spy that can take out or establish multiple execution or kills
  • Communication skills Spy using Sonar is the eyes and ears for the 2 other Mercs
  • Device usage A spy needs to be able to utilize Trophy's leaving a second device to whatever the spy is most comfortable using.
  • Speed Generally spies should be fast and stealthy. Armor above 5 bars is a waste.
  • Merc Skills A strong Spy should be knowledgeable in Merc abilities and areas
  • Accuracy Accuracy is more important than you think; a gun with a fair amount of power with high accuracy will destroy.

MERCENARIES

2 Mercenaries
1 Assault Mercenary and 1 Intel Mercenary

Intel Device – Revealing incoming enemies is important. They can be place anywhere on then attaching the device to a wall. Most tables and counters will allow you to place the device down.
Ammo creates – Dropping multiple Intel Devices is very important and allowing the partnered Mercenary to resupply is important. Ammo create is optional as most of the time Mercenaries die more frequently then Spies.
Detection Enhancer – This is increase the range all you devices will capture allow you to be more stealthy.
ATS – For our team ATS is works great in keeping enemies detected.
Armor –This truly depends on the play style. If you have elite suits than you probably aren’t reading these suggestions. Gunslinger Gloves and Sprinter boots is my only recommendation. Torso and Pants, I don’t feel add any sort of advantage other then Armor and Control improvements.
PX4 Strom .45 – This Side arm is High Powered and Great Accuracy. I personally only use the pistol against low ranks or when a clip is dumped leaving me with now time to reload.
Alternate Weapon – If you haven’t figured out yet Ak-47 is BEAST MODE! If you don’t have an AK I would suggest using a weapon with high power and Control.
  • Situation awareness Work with the Spy to locate and determine the opposing teams actions
  • Communication skills Must be able to work with other Merc to maintaining a defense or capture a location
  • Device usage Proxy's mines are an obvious choice for this mode however, Intel devices, Ammo create and motion trackers are best in maintaining a consent defense and offense.
  • Divide and Conquer Both Merc have to build classes around each other obviously play to your strength but keep in mind how your choices for gear effects each other overlapping is not recommend.
  • Prone technique Crouching down will increase the Merc's stability and accuracy.

Not sure how helpful any of this will be but I hope this in some way levels the playing field and allows you to become better competition.