LisaB1138

Older than most, smarter than the average bear
Apr 23, 2004
Unskippable is a video serious from The Escapist Magazine. It's sort of MST-ing video cut scenes.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/610-Onimusha-3

I suppose it's a testament to how great these scenes are that there aren't many good laughs.

Jan 16, 2004
Ok so samanosuke...URG!!, that his name? I forgot it, anyways is he fighting gogadantess, because i thought it was him, but he calls him something els when he comes out of that gooey green portal thingy....I so need to refresh and relearn the onimusha universe.

LisaB1138

Apr 23, 2004
Not Gogandantess, Garuganto. Goooo-gandantess is the greatest swordsman of all demons from Oni 2. :D

The Oni 3 opening movie kicks all other games' cinematics ass. [face_love]

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Gargant's origins are never really explained. He just appears in the intro and is known as one of the fiercest Demon warriors/commanders and it is suggested that he himself was once an Onimusha; one who eventually betrayed the Oni and swore fealty to Fortinbras. After the demise of his lord at the hand of Samanosuke he accepted Nobounaga as his new lord.

He does appear briefly in Onimusha: Dawn Of Dreams within the last room of the House Of The Oni - wear you must battle and defeat him in order for Soki's trial to be complete.

LisaB1138

Apr 23, 2004
I do wish they'd tried to work the opening cinematic into the game somehow. In theory, that army is still heading to meet Nobunaga because Samanosuke doesn't stop it in the game.

Jan 16, 2004
Wait what....Garuganto in onimusha 4? But he dies in the intro to onimusha 3, and samonasuke in onimusha 4? nobunaga?

Im confused now.

Oh wait, Lisa you talking about onimusha 3? Right.

How does fortinbras come bck to life?

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
br0wnchIkAn0 said:
Wait what....Garuganto in onimusha 4? But he dies in the intro to onimusha 3, and samonasuke in onimusha 4? nobunaga?
He appears within the house of Oni(an Oni dark realm, if you will) during Soki's trial and he must overcome him during the final room. He is not alive per se as he does not really exist outwith that meditative realm. Nobunaga remains deceased during Onimusha:Dawn Of Dreams and Samanosuke does appear yet only in the form of a Monk known as Tenkai Nonkobo and he bears absolutely no resemblance to Samanosuke, probably as a result of Takeshi Kaneshiro's agency refusing the use of his likeness due to the fact Sam was taking a back-seat.

br0wnchIkAnO said:
Oh wait, Lisa you talking about onimusha 3? Right.
She is within the post above, yes.

br0wnchIkAn0 said:
How does fortinbras come bck to life?
Well, he is supposedly a "God Of Light" and we all know Gods are not bound to the same mortal coil as us. Nevertheless, the story is nonsensical at best.

Ryan6192

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 23, 2004
LisaB1138 said:
Not Gogandantess, Garuganto. Goooo-gandantess is the greatest swordsman of all demons from Oni 2. :D

The Oni 3 opening movie kicks all other games' cinematics ass. [face_love]

Well i can't think of anything that is better [face_tongue]. Meh Onimusha was good whilst it lasted