Apr 18, 2008
Does anyone know if there ever will be an Uncharted 4 in the works?

I have just beat all Uncharted titles and hoping there will be a fourth one.

Mahmoud365

Noob
Jul 23, 2012
There isn't any official news about uncharted 4,naughty dog is now working on the last of us and if uncharted 4 is in development they would not reveal it until the last of us is released but there has been alot of rumors and predictions about uncharted 4 and Justin Richmond ( the game director of uncharted 3) has mentioned in a conversation with the Official PlayStation Magazine staff that there is a possibility that Naughty dog may continue to make the uncharted series as long as they find something interesting and as long as the fans want that (you can read more about this conversation at:http://www.computerandvideogames.co...alks-uncharted-4-and-future-of-the-franchise/) so yeah there is a possibility of having a new uncharted game from naughty dog, I really hope we have a new uncharted game from naughty dog after the last of us is released.

zaniack

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 8, 2010
I'd love to see Uncharted 4, but honestly it would be the most unnecessary sequel since Terminator 3.

zaniack

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 8, 2010
If Uncharted 3 isn't the conclusion of a trilogy, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2011

But it's not really a trilogy. Sure, the characters are the same, but the stories are all on their own. It's not like this has been one long story of Drake trying to find one big treasure. They'll keep making the Uncharted games because right now Uncharted is the flagship game for Sony right now. Just like Halo is for Microsoft.

zaniack

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 8, 2010

But it's not really a trilogy. Sure, the characters are the same, but the stories are all on their own. It's not like this has been one long story of Drake trying to find one big treasure. They'll keep making the Uncharted games because right now Uncharted is the flagship game for Sony right now. Just like Halo is for Microsoft.
Uncharted 3, more than Uncharted 2, requires to experience the preceding game(s) of the series. Uncharted 3 and everything it represented would be rendered moot if there was another direct sequel in the franchise that just reset Nate and the gang.

Oct 8, 2011

Uncharted 3, more than Uncharted 2, requires to experience the preceding game(s) of the series. Uncharted 3 and everything it represented would be rendered moot if there was another direct sequel in the franchise that just reset Nate and the gang.

I disagree. I don't think it's a requirement to experience the other games. I think if someone only played U3 without playing the other two, they would be just fine. For U4, I think the only thing that might change is Sully might not be around and Drake and Elena might actually be in a relationship at the beginning of the game. It's still going to be, "hey, there's a treasure out there that I want.....Oh wait, it's cursed.....now I have to stop anybody from getting it"

neko1130

Noob
Mar 8, 2013
i was very surprised about the release of "God of War: Ascension"--so i guess nothing is impossible. Wouldn't mind a 4th if it is a good game.

RossLeyshonInception

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 13, 2010
I really hope so. Although I think the formula needs to be changed slightly. I LOVED the trilogy. All 3 are fantastic. But a slight change in the overall story design would be welcome I feel. The franchise should ALWAYS have Drake in the forefront IMO. What I loved about the first one is how it all took place in one location. Perhaps Drake being inbetween some sort of ancient relic while some form of treasure hunters are searching for it and him. Creating a type of Drake on the run aspect, with perhaps some stealth (but not too much, this is Uncharted. not MGS) added to the action/adventure elements that we all love.

Dr.Striker

Almost Not a Noob
May 21, 2008
Oh, God... i seriously hope they don't make more Uncharted games... They need to move on to something that actually offers gamers game. While i did enjoy Uncharted, it ended up being a big one-night-stand. With terrible replayability.

vicraver

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 25, 2002
how about adding levelling up elements to the franchise make it a bit more open world kind of like Batman Arkham city but bigger in size and scope.