Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1097609p1.html]Ubisoft Announces Driver San Francisco[/link]
by IGN Staff

Summary:
"In many ways, the DRIVER franchise defined the action driving genre with its unique blend of intense driving action and iconic locations," said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Ubisoft. "DRIVER San Francisco features a thrilling storyline and exciting new gameplay elements that are sure to captivate both long-time fans as well as newcomers to the series." [link=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1097609p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

JZ3Racing

The Driver King
Dec 12, 2003
This is amazing, I'm so happy Driver is back. I've been waiting a very long time for this game and I can't wait to get in the driver's seat :D

Mar 25, 2010
I would love it if this game is what Ubisoft promises, but the last two Driver games have made me a cynic in that respect. Here's hoping.

Skyler193

Prime Member
Nov 11, 2002
Someone tell Ubisoft not to bother. Driver lost it's appeal a long time ago. Back when the last good game in the series was Driver 2 on PS1 and back when people actually care about the series. Now they don't, because no Driver game has been good since. If Ubisoft goes ahead and publishes this, they are just wasting money.

-Hawkfan

Heyness

Noob
Jan 23, 2008
Reebokanonymous said:
I would love it if this game is what Ubisoft promises, but the last two Driver games have made me a cynic in that respect. Here's hoping.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ubisoft didn't have anything to do with the last 2 games. As such, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

JZ3Racing

The Driver King
Dec 12, 2003
That's correct Heyness, Ubisoft didn't make any of the games until now with Driver: SF.

And these are who made what:

Driver = Reflections Interactive & GT Interactive Software
Driver 2 = Reflections Interactive & Infogrames
DRIV3R = Reflections Interactive & Atari
Driver: Parallel Lines = Reflections Interactive & Atari
Driver: San Francisco = Ubisoft Entertainment

Heyness

Noob
Jan 23, 2008
By the way, for the record...I liked every one except for D 3. Just wasn't "there" for me. I know Parallel Lines was a side story, but I still liked it better than 3. 1 and 2 are absolutely awesome and it seems like SF is going to be a serious winner.

JZ3Racing

The Driver King
Dec 12, 2003
I actually liked DRIV3R the most. I don't know why everyone hated it, I thought the damage, cars, graphics, story, everything was great. I played that game for years like 4 hours a day.

JZ3Racing

The Driver King
Dec 12, 2003
I'd like to correct my previous post, I just remembered that Reflections merged with Ubisoft, so in a way, people who made the 1st, 2nd or any of the Driver games, will have made Driver San Francisco. So this is the updated list:

Driver: San Francisco = Ubisoft Entertainment & Reflections Interactive

JZ3Racing

The Driver King
Dec 12, 2003
OutstandingMike said:
Just to correct you JZ3, the developer is now called Ubisoft Reflections not Reflections Interactive anymore.

That's what I thought, it gets confusing with everyone out there, lol.

EDIT: It's fixed, again [face_tongue]

Driver: San Francisco = Ubisoft Reflections

OutstandingMike

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 4, 2006
It's also worth noting that GT interactive Software, Infogrames and Atari are the same publisher, they just kept changing there name for some reason :^O

Heyness

Noob
Jan 23, 2008
Damn, it's like banks and phone/telecommunication companies! You never know who's who anymore because everyone owns everyone else three times removed with a McTwist over ice. It all makes my head hurt! [face_silly]

JZ3Racing

The Driver King
Dec 12, 2003
Yeah, it does get confusing. But all I care about is the game, I don't care who makes it, I just want to play it :D

Thunder132

Noob
Jun 18, 2008
I spent hours on driver when it first came out for playstation. I remember me and my friend competing to see who can last the longest at, forgot the name of the mode, was it high stakes or wanted,, something like that. I found the free roam play with street level amazing but this was way before the first GTA Liberty city came out.

Bringing back this game is a bad idea especially when you’re in a car the whole time.

Give it a break ubisoft this game kicked a** but we are in the year 2010 not 1995. Competition is a factor in the game market these days

joeshmoe86

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2003
Its never meant to be GTA, I think maybe they made the mistake of trying to compete with GTA some with Driv3r and parallel lines, But if they go back to the epic car chase and get away from the walk around and shoot *#!* stuff and they do it well once again It'll be about driving like it always should of been. And to fans of driving games It'll be great. Driver has or at least always should of been just about driving hence the name, and with a good story that you want to get through the next hard level and chase down who ever just to see what happens next, to really get into it. I liked to idea of the game feel of being in a 70's car chase movie, even if its set in more modern day, some of the cheap and bad ones that sometimes are the best have just car chase after car chase or one lasting for 40 min with the same car still driving even though it looks like it's been in a nasty demo derby and shouldn't even run let alone still move. But anyway I'm hoping for the epic chasing where you feel like you really want this guy taken down, GTA is good, well great for the over the top and fun stuff I really like it I've had endless fun over the years [face_tongue] , but car chase's I don't feel they just couldn't get that same sense of a movie chase scene, more like you just gotta drive from this point to that point. I also hope the movie editor is back and good like it should of been without the glitches the old one had, can make some real epic scenes with cool camera angles :)

OutstandingMike

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 4, 2006
joeshmoe86 said:
I also hope the movie editor is back and good like it should of been without the glitches the old one had, can make some real epic scenes with cool camera angles :)

Film Director is back! :)

Aug 24, 2010
hope driver san francisco has help me by sonny boy williams2 from driver 2 and exit by stateless from driver 3.

themes would make the driver san franciso why'll your play the missions & have them for cutscenes.

Mar 27, 2011
BobaFettFlamer said:
hope driver san francisco has help me by sonny boy williams2 from driver 2 and exit by stateless from driver 3.

themes would make the driver san franciso why'll your playing the missions & have them for cutscenes and Chaseing & shooting on foot.

this for wii.

Amadayus

Noob
Jun 4, 2008
JZ3Racing said:
I actually liked DRIV3R the most. I don't know why everyone hated it, I thought the damage, cars, graphics, story, everything was great. I played that game for years like 4 hours a day.

I loved DRIV3R as well. Although a few of the on foot missions were a tad redundant. I just wanted to get back behind the wheel. I thought it was a great game with a few hiccups. But a few hiccups shouldn't have caused the awful reviews it gathered.

How do i rank em'?

1. Driver
2. DRIV3R
3. Parallel Lines
4. Driver 2

Heyness

Noob
Jan 23, 2008
I liked 1 and 2 better but I didn't dislike 3, as a matter of fact it was fun if you got past the issues. Worth playing for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.