Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1085524p1.html]Tony Hawk Will Be Shredding In His Next Game[/link]
by Jim Reilly

Summary:
Activision has confirmed to IGN the name of the next Tony Hawk videogame. The pro skateboarder outed the title earlier this week on his twitter account, however the post was deleted hours later. [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1085524p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

rootveldt

Almost Not a Noob
May 26, 2009
let us know when enough people have been murdered out of rage that your games suck, tony hawk.

megavidiot

Noob
Dec 13, 2007
after THUG, they all sucked....this one probably will too.

Sorry Tony, I still love you man, just not your games.

DunnyX

Noob
Dec 4, 2009
Please drop the Skateboard.

Go back and look at Project 8 and give us something like that!

K

KSE4EVER

Original poster
re-study THUG and do something like that epic game. gamers love the rags to riches story and THUG was a perfect example.

ignTweeter

Noob
Dec 9, 2008
@etootoo26
Hilarious best spam ever all done in engrish but I don't think I'm ready for that kind of relationship yet I've been hurt so many times before. Do you really love me?

I hope this is good. Tony Hawk games have really lost their way.

tommy_lop

No Longer a Noob
Dec 28, 2000
friends I need you to stop and come on in and find a way to get me a shot gun and some ammo to stop these fricking spammers that keep popping up on these board.

hester2523

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 1, 2006
Here's the sad part: someone gets paid to create these things (the spammers, not the game...well, actually, I guess the game too). That means that people are actually dumb enough to fall for these scams (now definitely talking about both the spammers and the game).

T

tychoc4

Original poster
"We do know the game will utilize the skateboard peripheral that was included in Tony Hawk: Ride."

Then we also know it will sell worse than Ride as well.

Topher_LS

Noob
May 30, 2002
Thank goodness EA put out Skate a couple years ago! I will never buy a game with that gimmicky board peripheral.

NoxAeterna

Noob
Feb 25, 2010
skateboard peripheral again??? didnt they learn from the last game that nobody lies it??? tony hawk has lost his mind.

NoxAeterna

Noob
Feb 25, 2010
skateboard peripheral again??? didnt they learn from the last game that nobody lies it??? tony hawk has lost his mind.

Foodperson

Noob
Dec 24, 2009
Tony Hawk should "SHRED" this game into pieces if he finds out that it will stink. Then, he should wave copies of his original series "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater" infront of Activision's face and show them how to make a good skating game again.

Sep 16, 2009
They should call It Tony Hawk: Rad!

I believe they'll use the board for more sports than skateboard, as the article suggests.Who knows they may even fixes the issues.

MikeGuzzler

Prime Member
Nov 7, 2007
It would be awesome if it was a TMNT game where you fought shredder and then skated away. Cowabunga, dude!

Jul 12, 2008
One of my friends got Tony Hawk Ride...he took it home, was all excited...played it and when I called him up the next day he said he was taking it back. I asked him to wait until I had a turn at it..Played it, it sucked..he took it back. Sadly, they didn't give him anywhere near what he paid for the piece of crap. I wish Tony Hawk would get a freakin grip and put a game we want to play out. Skate has been great...Tony Hawk hasn't even been decent in a long, long time.

D

drummerofclassicrock

Original poster
Activision has a LOT, let me repeat that, a LOT... of work to do if they hope to beat EA this year. Ride was a complete failure. Good concept, but sloppy execution.

Feb 27, 2010
havent played tony hawk's games since the ps1. but that was one of the best games ever. tony hawk you the bomb! gleaming the cube!

item258

Noob
May 12, 2008
ok Tony Hawk. i forgave you for everything after THUG 1 up to Proving Ground which didn't suck. i forgave you for Ride (sigh). now i'm giving you another chance cause Skate 3 is alot of fun

Nov 6, 2008
Well seeing as Tony Hawk is a skateboarder, Id like to think any game with his name on it has something to do with skateboarding.

hester2523

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 1, 2006
I say go back to the TH 1 and 2 philosophy. Closed arenas and downhill tracks. Especially downhill tracks. The one from the first game, which I believe had something like oil pipes on the sides that you could grind, still stands as one of my favorite moments in sports/racing games ever.

May 21, 2008
If only Shredder was a hidden character like Wolverine and so many beloved was when it was relevant. Then THPS be back on the map. Stupid plastic skateboards!

klaasm

Noob
May 8, 2010
The first game worked decently with A LOT of practice, and there is fun to had playing it.
However this New game shred needs to have a story and tighter controls, such as more fluid turning, and although i can nail almost any trick i try on ride now, they need to make it easier/tighter to pull of tricks, so people don't think it's broken.

Definitely Use the Ride Board again, cuz if they pull it off right it'll be awesome. But also let people have the option to play it old skool with a controller. Not everyone is fit enough to ride a skateboard in their living rooms I guess :/. I think it's the best way to play a skateboard game, on a skateboard, and skate was on the right track to use the right stick to pull off tricks, kinda feels like my thumbs are skating, fingerboard.

Tony Hawk took it to the next level and really made you feel like you were skating so much that people can't pull it off....so make it easier with tighter controls and a better game with a story and bigger world like, ahem, skate or some of your older games and give people the option to skate with their thumbs as well and you should have a great game for everyone.

Feb 22, 2010
If this game is like American Wasteland or Underground ill be happy, but I'm smarter then that. Using a peripheral wasn't something those games had us doing.

::sigh::

Looks like ill just wait patiently for a good skateboarding game to come out..

pinero23

Noob
Feb 10, 2007
i think the last tony hawk i played and enjoyed was underground 2, i didnt like project 8 at all, but hell i havnt even played skate 1, 2, or 3 yet so i guess im just burnt out on the extreme sports genre unless a new ssx or amped comes out....and if the next tony hawk gives you a choice between the motion skateboard and a regular control