DalinarKholin

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 31, 2014
This is a really hard fight. I've read all the tips about trying not to kill yourself with Excalibur & I know how the fight works i.e. get him down 4 times & then finish him. I also have no idea how to start time trials & if I did I don't think I would risk the "Hard" difficulty trophy bugging up. I'm on the hardest difficulty with only 1 Health pack & there's no option to restart Bolivia Redux, only the 7th level Nepal.

If I can't double back for health packs, then how do I double forward & beat this thing. [face_silly] There has to be a way to get him stuck behind something like Flamelurker in Dark Souls. [face_skull]

DalinarKholin

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 31, 2014
redux2.jpg

Nevermind I got him.

Few tips I have for anyone that ever stumbles across this thread:
  • You have to put the boss down 3 times & press triangle/ action on him whilst down. After he gets up the final time, you can defeat him finally.
  • For the First & Fourth Part of the fight: Show the boss no respect. For every attack from the boss, jump to the left or right and running in that direction., and immediately strike for the counter.
  • For the Second & Third Part of the fight: More caution is required, he can duck & weave away from your counter attempts so it might be only once between every 4 - 5 of his attacks that you get a hit on him. Be patient.
  • Never take your finger off the L1/ lock button. After you press Action/ TRIANGLE on the boss when he is down, immediately push UP the right camera angle & regain your lock on him whilst he rises.
OPTIONAL Strategy:
  • Take the fight to the immediate right of the battle area. There's really low cover beside the ( useless ) minigun there so there will be no obstructing cover blocking your hits. This works both ways though, but significantly increases the pace of the fight.

Last edited: