Jun 12, 2012
Nacogdoches, Texas
Writer's Note: AnthonyLayton 90 here, some of you guys may remember a couple of years ago I started a dynasty with Texas-San Antonio that lasted a season and real life among other things caught up to me, not to mention accidently deleting the file. For that, I apologize and I apologize as I know it wasn't the best dynasty ever written or if it was boring at times. Not really new to the IGN Boards but was and still am relatively new to the whole Dynasty-writing scene, so forgive me if some parts of this are boring or could be done better. I am open to hearing any ideas or tips you guys may have for me to make this an enjoyable and interesting read, I will try to update this one as regularly as I can. This time around, I will be using a team with more prestige than UTSA, but it should be an interesting time nonetheless, as for this dynasty, I am rolling with Boise State. I will be using 2014-2015 rosters that I've downloaded, so all articles will be based on this year, 2014/2015 and beyond. Anyways, hope yall enjoy and again, any tips or ideas would be welcomed and appreciated.

--------------------------------------

IdahoNewspaper_zps565417f3.jpg

January 7, 2014

The End Of An Era

petersenwashington_zps9a271596.jpg
With Chris Petersen now in Washington, what's next for the Boise State Broncos?

"With the 2013 college football season officially in the books, some programs are already beginning to look toward the 2014 campaign. One such program is the Broncos of Boise State. Boise State AD Mark Coyle announced over the weekend that the school has officially begun the search for their next head football coach. The next coach will have big shoes to fill, as they will be replacing Chris Petersen, who not only led the school to a 92-12 record in his time as head coach, but also took Boise State from being the solid mid-major known for its blue turf, to the first BCS-buster, with its victory over Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl, as well as a Fiesta Bowl victory over TCU in 2010."

"92 victories, 2 Bear Bryant Awards, multiple bowl wins, and a reputation as one of the most creative coaches in the game earned him an offer as the Washington Huskies' next head coach, an offer that unlike many other big-time offers, he could no longer refuse. "We wish Chris the best of luck with the Huskies, he was a phenomenal coach for our program; nobody could ever replace what Chris has done for this program, but we are confident that we will find a head coach that will help our program continue to sustain success and win us ball games", said Doyle."

"Multiple reports have surfaced that have listed former Boise State offensive coordinator and current Arkansas State head coach Bryan Harsin as the favorite to land the vacated Broncos job, although there are other names that have been linked to the vacancy, and Doyle has stated he and his staff will hire whomever they fill will "be the best candidate to lead the Broncos back to the spotlight of the college football world."

List of rumored candidates for Boise State Broncos' head coaching position:

Arkansas State HC Bryan Harsin: 7-5 as Arkansas St. HC in 2013; former long-time Boise St. assistant

North Dakota State HC Craig Bohl: 104-32 record as NDSU HC; has won 3 straight FCS National Championships

UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone: 18 of last 19 seasons spent as OC; 2 years as UCLA OC; 10-3 in 2013 with 20th ranked scoring offense (38th in total)

Oregon offensive coordinator Scott Frost: part of Oregon offensive staff for 4 seasons, 1 year as OC; 11-2 in 2013 with 4th best scoring offense (2nd in total)

New Orleans Saints offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael Jr.: has spent 5 seasons as Saints' OC, 7 years on offensive staff; #1 offense in NFL in 4 of those seasons

Jun 12, 2012
Nacogdoches, Texas
Writer's Note: Apologies for the double post; figured I'd go ahead and post this. Already have updates basically up to Week 1 written for the most part. Appreciate the views so far; again, any ideas/tips would be welcomed and appreciated and hope yall will enjoy this Dynasty a bit.
ESPNSCBreakingNews_zps0951a82f.jpg
January 16, 2014

"Neil Everett here with some breaking news fresh into Sportscenter from the world of college football; the Boise State Broncos have officially announced that they have hired Oregon offensive coordinator Scott Frost as their next head coach, replacing Chris Petersen, the long-time former head Bronco, who took over in Washington."

frostcandidate4_zpsb98420ea.jpg

"This move comes as a pretty big surprise to most in the NCAA, as many considered Arkansas State head coach Bryan Harsin to be almost a shoe-in as a long-time former assistant of Boise. Scott Frost is one of the younger candidates at 39 years of age and is also the least experienced of the candidates, as this past year at Oregon was his first as the offensive coordinator position, and he has only been a coordinator at the FBS level for 4 seasons, all at Oregon."

"He was a starting quarterback for the Nebraska Cornhusker team that went undefeated in 1997, and has been also played 6 seasons in the NFL. He has been coached by Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne, Bill Parcells, and Bill Belichick. So, perhaps Boise believes that all of those teachings, as well as his experience in the coaching staff of the high-powered Duck offense, which set a school record in total offense this past season, will lead to big things for the Broncos. It certainly seems to be a gamble, going for perhaps the least likely of the candidates. He will be officially introduced tomorrow afternoon, so perhaps, we will learn more, but to recap, the Boise State Broncos have named Oregon offensive coordinator Scott Frost as their next head coach!"

Last edited:

woy1509

Star
Jul 24, 2008
Looks solid, would be nice to get more of these up and running even with the dead franchise - '14 was EA's best effort since '06/'07 on the old gen, IMO.

Jun 12, 2012
Nacogdoches, Texas
Some good news and some bad news. Bad news is that for some reason, my Xbox's last update apparently unformatted my hard drive so now I have to re-format it which will delete all my data. Good news is that of course I haven't post any games yet, it will just be a couple more days for me to catch back up and fix things again, so please be patient with me, I will be have hopefully regular updates starting in a couple days, hope to have one up tomorrow after work.

Jun 12, 2012
Nacogdoches, Texas
Writer's Note: Well, ignore my last post, somehow, when I turned on my Xbox today to go format it or fix the issue, it was all ok and everything was still on my hard drive and back to normal. Well, onto the season preview. Not sure why, but Im sure some of you will notice that the rankings throughout the first season may look funky compared to what it may look like in real life, I assume that the game thought of it as a combination of the 2014/2015 roster with the 2013/2014 results. Forgot to write down the preseason Top 25, my apologies, but as I said, some of the rankings were funky. Auburn was unranked and some teams were higher or lower than they'd have been in real life, somehow except for Florida State, who's still #1. And the schedule I made also was a little funky compared to real life naturally, but I gave them all of their real-life non-conference matchups for this upcoming season except for Northwestern; tried to give them a more difficult schedule.

ESPNU Boise State Season Preview

ESPNUBoise_zps7ca8f411.jpg

Article by Kirk Herbstreit​

"A new era is on the horizon for the Broncos of Boise State in the Mountain West Conference. They have a new head coach in former Oregon offensive coordinator and quarterback coach Scott Frost. They have a dual-threat quarterback in Grant Hedrick who has had the benefit of first-team reps all offseason after being an injury fill-in the last 7 weeks of last season. They have an explosive junior running back in Jay Ajayi, who some, mainly Lee Corso, believes could potentially contend for a Heisman Trophy this season, and be a Top 5 back in the country. I see him closer to the Top 15 range, which is nothing to scoff at either; the kid has the potential to be special this year, however, can we say the same about this team? Let's look at their schedule."

-------------------------​

Week 1 (8/28) vs. UL Lafayette​
Weel 2 (9/6) vs. Ole Miss (Preseason Top 25) (in Atlanta, Georgia)​
Week 3 (9/13) vs. Air Force (conference opener)​
Week 4 (9/20) at Fresno State (conference)​
Week 5 OFF​
Week 6 (10/4) vs. BYU (preseason Top 25)​
Week 7 (10/11) at Utah State (conference)​
Week 8 (10/18) vs. Nevada (conference)​
Week 9 OFF​
Week 10 (11/1) at Colorado State (conference)​
Week 11 (11/8) at Northwestern (preseason Top 25)​
Week 12 (11/15) vs. Wyoming (conference)​
Week 13 (11/21) at San Diego State (conference)​
Week 14 (11/27) vs. New Mexico (conference)​

-------------------------​

"Boise State and Coach Frost will attempt to unleash their new no-huddle offense against the defending Sun Belt champions in Louisiana-Lafayette, before heading to Atlanta to face a top 15 team in the SEC's Ole Miss, a game that should prove to be an ultimate test for both their offense and their defense as they take on one of the SEC's best quarterbacks in Bo Wallace."

"Then, they begin conference play with an Air Force team looking to rebuild, and a Fresno team looking to replace Derek Carr with Duke transfer Brendan Connette. They get a week off before taking on another Top 25 team, the BYU Cougars, who will be looking to embarrass Boise yet again. This will be followed by two more conference matchups, both intriguing matchups; the dual-threat Chuckie Keeton for Utah State, and then the team that has seemed to have Boise's number as of late, the Nevada Wolfpack."

"After another bye week, they get another potential shootout with Colorado State before they head to Big Ten country and take on Top 25 ranked Northwestern, before closing the season with what should be three victories against Wyoming, San Diego State, and New Mexico."

"I predict that the Broncos will improve on last season by one win and go 9-4 and win the conference. My colleague, Lee Corso, somewhat convinced me that this new Boise offense, headed by the ultra-aggressive Frost running it, will finally solve Nevada and will go undefeated in conference play, but I believe the offense will still be too new and will not be ready to shootout with Lafayette in the opener and I just don't see them beating a solid SEC team in Ole Miss. The BYU and Northwestern games I also see them falling in, but both could be close and fun to watch. I do agree now though, that the Broncos will reclaim the conference, and that it will set up for what could be a special 2015."

ESPNU Prediction: 9-4 (Mountain West Champions)

Jun 12, 2012
Nacogdoches, Texas
IdahoNewspaper_zps565417f3.jpg
Broncos Cool Off Ragin' Cajuns!

boise1ull_zps8759224d.jpg

Coach Frost Notches 1st Career Win In Boise Blowout 52-14

"Ever since he was hired as Boise State head coach, there have been doubters as to how the Broncos would perform, especially early in the season, with a new offensive philosophy and a new man calling the shots. It turns out that if this game was any indication, Boise made the right hire. Boise played a dominant game on both sides of the ball, with the Broncos beating Louisiana-Lafayette 52-14 in its season opener, giving Scott Frost his first victory as head coach."

""It feels good to get the first one out of the way, even better to get a W, very proud of how these guys handled their business. Were there things we could have done better? Certainly. Their quarterback (Terrance Broadway) was incredibly efficent when he had time to get passes off. We have to make sure our secondary is as stout as the rest of the defense whenever we get to stiffer competition. We also gave up a couple of decent runs to their halfback; we have to put pressure on both parts of the backfield, not just the quarterback. But as far as today goes, I couldn't be happier with how we performed", said Coach Frost on his team's debut performance."

"The offense showed no signs of struggling with the transition from the hybrid offense to full-on no huddle, as tailback Jay Ajayi ran for 155 and a touchdown, and quarterback Grant Hedrick was near perfect going 17 for 20 for 219 yards and 2 touchdown passes. Hedrick also proved himself to be quite a dual threat, as he ran the ball 6 times for 48 yards and 4 touchdowns. The offense was especially lethal on 3rd down where they went 6 for 7 (85%), and in the red zone, where they went a perfect 8 for 8 (7 TD, 1 FG). The defense, while it bent a little on the run, harassed Broadway all game long, sacking him 8 times. Tyler Gray, outside linebacker, tied the school record with 3 on his own. Boise State will hope to continue at least some of this success next week and aim for an upset, as it heads to Atlanta for a neutral site game against 14th-ranked Ole Miss (1-0)."

Boise State Offensive Player of the Game: QB Grant Hedrick 17-20, 219 yards, 2 TD; 6 car, 48 yards, 4 TD

Boise State Defensive Player of the Game: LOLB Tyler Gray 8 tackles, 3 sacks (ties school record)

UL-Lafayette at Boise State Team Stats:
Total Offense: 225 - 447​
Rushing: 32 for 110 and 1 TD - 35 for 225 and 5 TD​
3rd Down: 2-9 (22%) - 6-7 (85%)​
Turnovers 1 - 0​

ESPNUBoise_zps7ca8f411.jpg
Boise State Top Plays from Week 1

14 yard TD run from Grant Hedrick​
8 yard TD catch from WR Dallas Burroughs​

NCAA Notable Scores:
Virginia Tech upsets #2 Alabama 27-24​
#4 Georgia over #12 Clemson 45-22​
TCU over #13 LSU 34-17​
Louisiana-Monroe over #14 Oklahoma 27-14​
#18 Maryland over #16 Wisconsin 34-13​
North Carolina over #23 South Carolina 28-24​

NCAA Top 25 Coaches' Poll (after Week 1) (denotes 1st place votes)
#1 Florida State (34) 1-0​
#2 Georgia (26) 1-0​
#3 Oregon (1) 1-0​
#4 UCLA 1-0​
#5 Miami (FL) 1-0​
#6 Florida 1-0​
#7 Ohio State 1-0​
#8 Stanford 0-0​
#9 Michigan 1-0​
#10 USC 1-0​
#11 Alabama 0-1​
#12 Northwestern 1-0​
#13 Maryland 1-0​
#14 Ole Miss 1-0​
#15 Clemson 0-1​
#16 Notre Dame 1-0​
#17 Texas 0-0​
#18 Michigan State 1-0​
#19 LSU 0-1​
#20 Louisville 0-0​
#21 Virginia Tech 1-0​
#22 TCU 1-0​
#23 Wisconsin 0-1​
#24 Nebraska 1-0​
#25 Auburn 1-0​

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2012
Nacogdoches, Texas
Writer's Update: My HDMI cord apparently has shorted out, so it may be a couple of days before the next game update, but I will have a Week 2 Preview/ESPN show update coming up tonight or early tomorrow.

Jun 12, 2012
Nacogdoches, Texas
collegegameday_zpsb51e7dab.jpg

Kirk Herbstreit: "...we now move on to another interesting game on the docket today, this one is going down in Atlanta! The Broncos of Boise State are taking on the #14 Rebels of Mississippi; What do you guys think about this matchup?"

Desmond Howard: "This matchup is intriguing for a number of reasons. You got the Boise State Broncos lookin' like a bunch of blue "Ducks", I mean, these guys were exploding all over the field on both sides of the ball last week against a very good Lafayette team. That was supposed to be their first game under their new head coach, and their new offense. It didn't look like it; it looked like they had been running things for years. Imagine how dangerous this team will be when Frost gets his own recruits in!"

Lee Corso: "Ah, I see what your saying about that, Desmond. But, that is also a misconception of the Oregon-style no-huddle offense. I believe you are saying "imagine how dangerous if they had a guy who could run a 4.3, and speed all over the field", well, sweetheart, it isn't like this Boise team is full of slugs! This quarterback, Grant Hedrick, has got some feet on him. That running back, "Blue Dynamite", he's got a burst. And, once Frost figures out what to do with this 5'6" dynamo they got in Shane Williams? (whistles) But, I also see what you are saying. It is scary to think what this team could do in a couple of years, much less this season, if this offense plays like this all year."

Lou Holtz: "The problem though, is that will they be able to play like they did against a team from the SEC? Especially a team like Ole Miss. Terrance Broadway is a solid quarterback, but Bo Wallace is one of the best quarterbacks in the country. I do like what the Boise State D did though in that last game. If they could create any sort of pressure close to that against Ole Miss, then this could be a very interesting affair. And if they can do anything on offense similar to last week, I think Boise State has the chance at an upset."

Herbstreit: "Alright, everybody, who ya got? I'm thinking Ole Miss will bring too much D to the table. Miss 31 Boise 13."

Howard: "I got it closer than that, but I do agree, defense wins over offense here. Ole Miss 38 Boise 24."

Holtz: "Well, you know what, I am going to go out on a limb, and I think that Boise State will be the ones to win this football game. I just have a feeling that this kid, Hedrick, will make enough plays. This Boise defense creates a lot of havoc, and when you have havoc, you have a chance to make plays on defense, which in turn, lets you be more open on offense. If that offense is clicking anywhere as close as it was last week, I think Boise could shock the world today. I say Boise 31 Mississippi 27..."