MGSDan

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 5, 2004
Maybe this was Kojima's thought while making MGS5 and the whole fiasco with Konami was his well elaborated and orchestrated plan to finally leave MGS behind.

Thoughts?

Classicnerd

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2014
I dont think so.
-I'm pretty sure Kojima would've wanted to remake the two old MGS games that came out on NES.

MGS5 kinda leads to that, as it shows some of the infants terribles, one of which was Solid Snake.

And in the first MGS game, young Solid Snake goes against the real Big Boss (also featured, albeit briefly, in MGS5)

So, the next MGS game would've been sequel of sorts to MGS5, and a remake of the very first MGS on NES.

After Kojima had finished the two remakes, then the story wouldve been complete, and no more material for new games.

MGSDan

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 5, 2004
Well, the story is complete and it has been since MGS 4. However, I do understand what you mean that a remake would be filling in gaps so to speak but the remakes are not necessary in that sense. One can use their imagination to fill in the gaps.
I think Kojima certainly would have 'liked' a remake of the original MG games but it's also possible that he just decided to leave it to the fans imagination. One can argue that MGS5 supports this as well, we the player are deceived by Big Boss, so we can understand why in the next game we are out to kill him.
From Kojima's perspective, Konami would pressure him to keep making MGS games so long as it's making them money. What a better way to get out of that cycle than to mess it all up?

Saying that, I know I would have liked a remake simply because I want MGS to continue hence, me even making this thread [face_tongue]

Shaymin

No Longer a Noob
May 20, 2013
Shadow Moses
I don't think Kojima would want to remake both MG games. He did finish Solid Snake's story as he wanted, but maybe he would keep up with Big Boss. I'm not sure tho.... Either way, MGS is done for me.