V.I.Pwwe

The skinny, "fatass" eating machine of IGN
Jan 30, 2005
What I think I understand is that we will be able to fully customize our own track? If I wanted to replicate Watkins Glen, I should be able to do so? I keep getting mixed signals about the track maker.

GTporsche

Another State of Mind
Sep 2, 2006
Highly doubt it's fully customizable. They still have the algorithms and randomization from what I've heard.

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
I was really looking forward to replicating some circuits as well. I was pretty disappointed with GT5's custom circuit builder.

GTporsche

Another State of Mind
Sep 2, 2006
As am I. There's some stuff I want to make in GT6 that I've raced on in other racing games. Didn't mess with GT5's course editor much because of how lame it is.

ZaXoFF7

No Longer a Noob
Jan 20, 2009
Behind you...
Well, Kaz himself claimed that they're shooting for each of the creation environments in the course maker to be 100x100 kilometers. He said that it's looking good, but if there's an unforeseen problem, he can guarantee that they'll at least between 25x25 and 50x50 kilometers. To put that in perspective, the Nurburgring would fit in a 100x100 kilometer area something like 15 times; though memory limitations would never allow you to put that much track down in one build. They also said that you will indeed have much more control than GT5, though they haven't said how yet. Each of the creation areas will double as photo landscapes, and will be more sprawling and diverse than previously.

I'll see if I can find the link to one of the videos with this info, as a source.