Oct 22, 2010
After watching both trailers for this movie, I must say I am a bit confused on how Silver Samurai will play out.
Look at the Silver Samurai fight. The actor that plays him is Will Yun Lee. When IGN Rewind mentioned in the video that the night fight between wolverine and the samurai-guy was indeed Silver Samurai, I think that they were wrong. The actor is completely different. Stills showing off Will Yun Lee on set and in the movie shows that he has mid-long hair. The man in this fight scene has short black hair and looks older. Pause it frame by frame. I don't see that it could be him. Stunt double? No way, this guy has been training in martial arts since he was young. I also watched his fight scene in Elektra in which he uses katanas. His facial expressions are different too. Could just be looking too much into it.

There is also a glimpse of another armor in the trailer that could be Silver Samurai. Maybe there are two? I don't know the original comic story so correct me if im wrong. Perhaps Harada (Silver Samurai) in this movie is apart of a family that hates Yashida and turn on the family at the funeral. Maybe papa Harada is the original Silver Samurai in the more classical samurai outfit and gets defeated or killed. Then the torch is passed to the son who uses the other more modern armor we see in the trailer. Just a guess, could be very wrong.

I would like IGN to look more into this. Could that be Silver Samurai (Will Yun Lee) in that scene? Maybe im wrong and it is, but there are definitely two silver armors in the trailers. Just something to think about. Thoughts?

CLICK TO VIEW LARGER IMAGE (Be sure to click "Open Photo Viewer" to see full scale image)
579768_10151301185246792_1523742622_n.jpg

Last edited: