Dec 30, 2021
Just imagine all of the cut content from Crapcom.

In general, RE4 is vastly overrated. It was like that in 2005. It's definitely that now!

The game isn't really survival horror, because you purchase guns, and just about every weapon you can think of is available to buy. Some random vendor wouldn't be able to move everything around, unnoticed either. So it's dumb.

Freeakk

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 7, 2022
Puteiro
Just imagine all of the cut content from Crapcom.

In general, RE4 is vastly overrated. It was like that in 2005. It's definitely that now!

The game isn't really survival horror, because you purchase guns, and just about every weapon you can think of is available to buy. Some random vendor wouldn't be able to move everything around, unnoticed either. So it's dumb.
RE4 is different from the classic games dude, Meanwhile the classics are survival, RE4 is action survival horror, A new genre that RE4 itself created in the time it was released. For me "action survival horror" it's just an excuse for totally messing up the original concept of the franchise. If you really want to play some survival horror play the first silent hill and resident evil games, The most recent ones are not very fitting to the survival horror genre.

Dec 30, 2021
I can see me explaining this being a waste of time, but RE4 doesn't even have anything to do with the previous games. In fact, because of 4 being the game it is, Capcom had to go and take the franchise in a direction that just sucked. They killed off Wesker, then made all of these garbage ass side story games that were honestly, an embarrassment to the very franchise they represent. Some of them weren't even classified as being canon anyway. So like, what was the point in releasing them?

But in general, RE4 doesn't have any correlation to the other games. It disregards the lore completely. Because why build up a story about the Umbrella Corporation, just to say in an opening segment, "Umbrella went bankrupt" because of your laziness? There were a lot of fans out there, much like myself, who were looking forward to these plot aspects actually being concluded somehow. It's so dumb.

Also, Capcom copies other games. In RE6 for example, they took the you playing around on a kid's slide thing and the war torn country setting from the third Gears of War game. I'm surprised Capcom hasn't been sued for plagiarism, quite frankly. But of course, you get fanboys who will always defend Capcom regardless of what they make. Just like they don't care if they half-ass the remake of RE4. Which you know? They probably will...