Status
Not open for further replies.

WillOftheWearer

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 28, 2010
I've been following Green Lantern since 1983. Post Crisis Hal Jordan is EXACTLY like Ryan Reynolds. He's a pussyhound, he's not at all reliable, and he IS as sarcastic as Spider-Man.

Hal Jordan highlights from the "green" years:

-Hal is late for dinner and shows up with three different women over the span of a few weeks, (GL/Flash Brave and the Bold) while calling out Barry for being late, he admits he blew his money on booze, and therefore needs Barry to foot the bill.

- Hal admits to Ollie he had a threesome and can't remember either girls' name.

- Hal says to hell with the guardians and attempts to control the central battery himself. (Emerald Dawn)

- Hal turns down Honor Guard Status (Tales of the Corps #3)

-Hal is given a DUI (Emerald Dawn II)

Older Hal is even better/worse, but he has YEARS of exp, and the gray streak (til rebirth anyway)

Since his Johns' resurrection, this trend continued with the two Hal personas merged. He continues the one night stands, the drinking, and the supreme leadership abilities.

Everyone across the board is saying "Reynolds would be better suited to be Kyle Rayner"

Having been one of the three people to stick with GL and read the Kyle years, I can tell you first hand how wrong that is:

Kyle highlights

-not wanting to be GL

-failing to save girlfriend or figure out the nature of his powers

-lamenting dead girlfriend

-whining he wasnt enough to stop Hal Jordan

-giving a VERY evil Hal Jordan back his power ring

- lamenting another dead girlfriend

-eight years of whining

-failing in any and all leadership rolls

-quitting his job

-being called a whiny bitch by Wally West

-crying in the presence of Batman, and being told to stop whining

-lamenting yet another dead girlfriend

-spending the Sinestro Corps War whining.

A perfect candidate for this roll would be Tobey Maguire EXACTLY as he played Spider-Man, or Adrian Brody.

Hal Jordan IS Ryan Reynolds. Deal with it. [face_cool]

Jul 3, 2005
I agreed Hal Jordan/Green Lantern is Ryan Reynolds.

Then "Smallville" introduced Booster Gold. No offense, but Ryan Reynolds was born to play that super hero plain and simple.

And DC can thank "Smallville" for that. After watching that episode Green Lantern went from a mid-night viewing, to a I'll rent it from Netflix if there's nothing else to choose from.

frogsplash45

Eighties Music Fanatic
Oct 9, 2005
Vice City
rightorleft said:
I agreed Hal Jordan/Green Lantern is Ryan Reynolds.

Then "Smallville" introduced Booster Gold. No offense, but Ryan Reynolds was born to play that super hero plain and simple.

And DC can thank "Smallville" for that. After watching that episode Green Lantern went from a mid-night viewing, to a I'll rent it from Netflix if there's nothing else to choose from.

Well first, Smallville makes me *facepalm*

Second, Reynolds is a funny guy, but not in that classically cheesy way that Booster can be. I don't see it.

Benkins

Noob
Jun 7, 2011
I was actually hoping Warner Bros. would choose him for the role well before it was actually announced. Imagine my glee on the day the information went public.

daponte_4

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 1, 2006
Well, after seeing the date this thread was created, it seems that Reynolds, as the Green Lantern, has a very strong fan base, going 4 people strong! Reynolds is great and all, but he's more suited as a Deadpool, which i felt he portrayed perfectly (Until Marvel 'effed that character up at the end), he just doesn't scream "leadership" to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.