jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
Well folks, this board is pretty much dead, and there probably won't be any Edge of Time news until Comic-Con. (when is that, by the way?) So instead of having friendly discussions on my Spider-Man Story thread, I figured I'd create a CT for us to just hang out and talk.

So what games are you guys working on? I'm jumping back and forth between Burnout: Paradise, inFAMOUS, Mortal Kombat, and L.A. Noire. I also got Transformers: Dark of The Moon today and it sucks. Which comes to no surprise seeing as how it's a cheap cash-in, but I was hoping High Moon could make the game decent at best. Turns out it sucks. How about you guys?

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010
I've been meaning to get LA Noire. I was really excited for it, but for some reason I haven't gotten around to it yet. Is it any good?

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
nickzambuto said:
I've been meaning to get LA Noire. I was really excited for it, but for some reason I haven't gotten around to it yet. Is it any good?

It's very good. The crimes, especially when you become a Homocide Detective, are really cool and unique and exciting. The open world is really good, too, and the radio will sometimes play forties music (I think that's really cool). The interrogations and questioning sessions are the highlight of the whole thing.

The big issue is that there is almost no shoot-outs. You can't run around and shoot people, and many of the missions lack any action. And when there is actually action, it's fist-fights. The side missions provide most of the shooting but even those segments are brief.

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010
Thats good to hear, I'll be sure to pick it up soon. Recently I've been addicted to MGS4. Oh and I saw Thor a few weeks ago. It was AWESOME!!! I'll be seeing X men soon.

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
You haven't seen X-Men yet? It's a good movie, the acting is top-notch. However, there were a few continuity issues and, I kid you not, there was barely an action. Still, it was better than Green Lantern...

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010
Hmm, not much action eh? Well I suppose I can forive it if the story is good enough. Was it better then Thor? Cause I loved Thor.

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
Nah, Thor was better than First Class. First Class was still good though. Green Hornet was another good superhero movie that came out this year.

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
So who else is on this board besides me, Qwerty, and nick? I saw some guy named ironcarnageranger or something but I don't know how much he comes on here.

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010
Oh he posts on the story board all the time, but other then that I haven't seen him to much. Anyway have you guys read the article IGN posted about the death of spider man? It had spoilers but I don't read ultimate comics so I still read it. Anyway did you guys see it?

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
Yeah, I did. Not at all interested because you know he'll be back within the year.

So what music do you guys like? As in, artists? I enjoy Avril Lavigne, Jay-Z, Eminem, Ke$ha, Linkin Park, Green Day, Snoop Dogg, OneRepublic, Coldplay, and Katy Perry. How about you guys?

Mar 31, 2011
Weezer, Daft Punk, AC/DC, KISS, Ozzy Osbourne, classic rock in general, Mozart, Disturbed. Did anyone see Pirates of the Carribean 4? It was so boss.

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010
Mozart eh? Did NOT see that coming. As for Pirates 4, well, I actually haven't see any of the pirates films.

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
I saw it, it was actually really good. Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightley sucked so I'm happy they got dumped.

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010
Anyone see The Hangover 2? It wasn't as good as the first, but people REALLY give it to hard of a time. I thought it was vey funny.

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
Man this thread would actually be cool if more than three people posted on it.

Here's an idea. How about everybody here sends a private message to a few people they know on IGN and invites them to become members. That way we can have more activity.

Jan 29, 2010
I've been meaning to take part in a CT, but I haven't gotten around to it. I guess it's easier if you're there right from the get go

Jan 29, 2010
Double-posting here, but I figured since everyonne else talked about there favourite music, I'll share mine aswell, Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Royal Republic, some of Fall out Boy's stuff. I've been listening to Toto's song Africa alot lately

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
nickzambuto said:
Jacob, I don't mean to insult you, but with your new icon I have to ask, are you a girl?

I have this icon because Avril is a) hot and b) my favorite singer. I don't know how that in any way signifies I am a girl. If my icon was Beiber, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez or some $h!t then maybe, but not Avril Lavigne. I don't see how having her as my icon, especially with the listed reasons, makes me a girl.

I guess that makes you immature and a loser because Spider-Man is your icon. [face_rolling_eyes] And thanks for your support, Qwerty.

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010
jakob997 said:
nickzambuto said:
Jacob, I don't mean to insult you, but with your new icon I have to ask, are you a girl?

I have this icon because Avril is a) hot and b) my favorite singer. I don't know how that in any way signifies I am a girl. If my icon was Beiber, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez or some $h!t then maybe, but not Avril Lavigne. I don't see how having her as my icon, especially with the listed reasons, makes me a girl.

I guess that makes you immature and a loser because Spider-Man is your icon. [face_rolling_eyes] And thanks for your support, Qwerty.
Well thats not very nice, I said I didn't mean to insult you, I was just asking. I've never heard of Avril Lavigne and I thought your icon picture might be you...

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
nickzambuto said:
Well thats not very nice, I said I didn't mean to insult you, I was just asking. I've never heard of Avril Lavigne and I thought your icon picture might be you...

You've NEVER heard of Avril Lavigne? [face_raised_brow] So you're telling me that you've never heard this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg59q4puhmg

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010
Oh, she sang that song? Yeah I heard that song, I just never knew who sang it. As for where I am...hmm, I'm trying to decide on whether I should say Planet Krypton or Planet Vegeta. Ahh screw it, I'm from Jersey.

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
The great thing about Avril is that while that song is awesome, it doesn't even scratch the surface of what she can do. She's the most powerful singer I've ever heard, and she's one of the few artists capable of making both outstanding, up-beat pop/punk rock songs and beautifully sang, emotion-packed ballads. I mean, she has made me go to tears.

Qwerty, how familiar are you with her? If you two are interested I could send you guys some of her best songs. I mean, you guys really have no idea.

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
(sorry for double post)

Hey Nick, so why did you end up asking who my icon is? Do you think Avril is hot? [face_raised_brow] [face_mischief]

Mar 31, 2011
You know what I hate? Crickets. They're so annoying. You hear 'em on the right side of the room, you go there to get 'em and they're on the left side. You go on the left side they're on the right. How do they do that?

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
nickzambuto said:
lol Qwerty your so right. And yes, Avril is very hot Jacob.

So what you're saying is that you asked if that was me because she's hot? And therefore, you would think I'M hot? You are just disturbing.

And by the way, my name is JAKOB. Not stupid Jacob, there's a bada$$ K in the there. Get it right, foo.

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010
Wow what a badass! Your a lone badass who doesn't play by the rules. Now go get your leather jacket and hop on your motocycle, and make sure your hair has just the right amount of gel in it.

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
nickzambuto said:
Wow what a badass! Your a lone badass who doesn't play by the rules. Now go get your leather jacket and hop on your motocycle, and make sure your hair has just the right amount of gel in it.

Hey, don't get all mad at me. I'm the one who was about to be hit on by another man. I got you, nick, and there isn't any way you can squirm out of your perverted shell.

Also, I'm black, so why would I gel my hair? Yeah, thought so.

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010
jakob997 said:
nickzambuto said:

Hey, don't get all mad at me. I'm the one who was about to be hit on by another man. I got you, nick, and there isn't any way you can squirm out of your perverted shell.

Im not mad, I'm just joking around.

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
nickzambuto said:
jakob997 said:
nickzambuto said:

Im not mad, I'm just joking around.

Alright Nick, I'll forgive you on this one. You seriously creep me out, but I guess we can just forget this and move on, right? You're just a fellow Jersey man at the end of the day.

Okay, so, back to normal convo. You guys will be happy to know I beat inFAMOUS for the first time today and I really enjoyed it. Discuss!

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010
I finished the bad a few days ago, so I've seen both endings. And while I am more of a good guy by heart, I actually liked the bad ending more. Jacob, did you see both endings yet? Can we talk about spoilers or did you only see one?

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
nickzambuto said:
I finished the bad a few days ago, so I've seen both endings. And while I am more of a good guy by heart, I actually liked the bad ending more. Jacob, did you see both endings yet? Can we talk about spoilers or did you only see one?

I only saw the evil ending but I read about the good one online so you can talk spoilers. Just nothing on inFAMOUS 2. And again, my name is JAKOB. I would like to be called by the proper spelling.