D

deleted-152110

Original poster
I didn't even know this was a new OT LMAO

@luisoscarb how have you been man? Maybe next time I am in New York we can meet up. I have no idea when that would be though haha.

DallasJR

Landing Guy
Jul 9, 2007
You know the board is dead when everyone isn’t arguing over who gets to make the OT.

I would like to see the Zelda board rise from the ashes of 2020
I honestly feel like luis robbed you of the right to make this year's OT tho man

luisoscarb

GCB VP
Feb 13, 2001
GCB VP Office
I honestly feel like luis robbed you of the right to make this year's OT tho man
Dueling OTs? SOUNDS GOOD TO ME

I didn't even know this was a new OT LMAO

@luisoscarb how have you been man? Maybe next time I am in New York we can meet up. I have no idea when that would be though haha.
Doing well! Miss you too! Hopefully next time you're here we can go to another baseball game again (once they're back)!

nahazado42

too elite to be beat
Oct 2, 2004
I'm pretty pumped that Skyward Sword is getting a Switch HD release. I HATED the Wii motion controls and avoided it because of that, so I'm excited to get to play it using an actual controller. [face_tongue]

D

deleted-152110

Original poster
I don’t want it but I am 1000% positive I will spend $60 on it. Probably try out the Switch motion controls for awhile if it gives you access to camera movement. If not I’ll just rock the stick.

Hoping the rumors of the 35th stuff coming this summer are true. Wind WakerHD portable would tickle the pickle.

link223

Fierce Deity VIP
Feb 15, 2003
Tesoro Azul
I disliked SS so much. Especially after we’ve seen what Zelda can be with a truly open world in BotW. The linear nature of SS just feels like banjo kazooie to me. Like I have to go to little worlds, follow the trail, and pick up honeycombs along the way.

if they had remastered MM I would be buying a switch right now.

D

deleted-152110

Original poster
Anyone got the next gen systems?

I have the Series X and LOVE it, despite no next-gen games. I mean I do have Fenix: Immortals Rising but I played like 5 minutes of that and moved on...

The backwards compatibility is awesome. The PS4/XB1 era are the worst consoles (IMO) in a long time and this finally feels like fresh tech.

Getting pumped to play RE8.

Dreamy

No Longer a Noob
Nov 19, 2019
Louisiana
Anyone got the next gen systems?

I have the Series X and LOVE it, despite no next-gen games. I mean I do have Fenix: Immortals Rising but I played like 5 minutes of that and moved on...

The backwards compatibility is awesome. The PS4/XB1 era are the worst consoles (IMO) in a long time and this finally feels like fresh tech.

Getting pumped to play RE8.

I just bought immortals fenyx rising. Is it true you can customize your player? I thought I saw something like that when I was looking at the game on youtube.

D

deleted-152110

Original poster
I just bought immortals fenyx rising. Is it true you can customize your player? I thought I saw something like that when I was looking at the game on youtube.
I believe you can, you get the default between Male/Female and then some preset options. I didn't get that far into it before moving on, I do want to go back at some point though. I played it right when I got my Series X and the thing was crashing games left and right for awhile. Plus I got into Red Dead Redemption 2.

nahazado42

too elite to be beat
Oct 2, 2004
I believe you can, you get the default between Male/Female and then some preset options. I didn't get that far into it before moving on, I do want to go back at some point though. I played it right when I got my Series X and the thing was crashing games left and right for awhile. Plus I got into Red Dead Redemption 2.

RDR2 is the first game in ages I took the time to 100% - all the cigarette cards, everything. I adored every minute of it.

Mr-Chris

Smashing!
May 16, 2009
Corneria (England :P)
Wait I totally posted in the wrong CT thread the other week (I think?) uh

copy paste time

Posting in 2021

Mad to think about 10 years ago I would always come to IGN Boards and of course this board and communicate with y'all but not anymore. Times do be changing indeed. Used to have discussion threads, fun threads, board awards ahhh... I'm such a different person to then but I'm still glad I came here. Hope everyone is well [face_peace]

Edit: I just checked my 10k thread what a nostalgia blast lmao, and that video I made too goodness

Sertith

Khajiit Plenipotentiary
★ MOD
Oct 8, 2005
NorCal
New OT and I haven't even posted in it, FOR SHAME.

I'm pretty pumped that Skyward Sword is getting a Switch HD release. I HATED the Wii motion controls and avoided it because of that, so I'm excited to get to play it using an actual controller. [face_tongue]
I might actually play it again. I literally hurt myself playing with the wii controls lol.

Chispatr

inb4title
Aug 30, 2010
Canada, Eh
When I play BotW2, I'm thinking I'll make threads and pretend this place is as alive as the good old days.

Why not. It's been too long since a major new Zelda game came out. I'll be fun to help make the activity here the highest it's been in 5+ years.
And I'll eventually read those threads when I randomly remember that this place exists and log in.

3 people commenting in one day. This place is really popping off! [face_peace]

nahazado42

too elite to be beat
Oct 2, 2004
1644367950137.png

100%'d Metroid Dread, one of the bigger gaming challenges I've had in awhile. Some of those speed booster puzzles are outrageous. Thrilled that Nintendo is still willing to make games like this though, I thought it was great.

Twilight_Prince12

King of TL;DR
Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@nahazado42 Agreed completely, Metroid Dread was one hell of an experience and I'm glad to see others here play through it 100%. I was compelled to do so as well, and I couldn't believe how it really was a modern version of Metroid as we know it with virtually nothing sacrificed compared to past games of the series. Not only were the brutally hidden shinespark pickups still there, but some fun sequence breaking made it in as well. It might not have been quite as freeing and breakable as Super Metroid, but it's about the most I've seen a modern game of this type intentionally embrace sequence breaking, so it made me joyous.

I would love to see DLC or some kind of Metroid/Metroid Prime news of any sort tomorrow. Don't let the series hibernate again!

nahazado42

too elite to be beat
Oct 2, 2004
@nahazado42 Agreed completely, Metroid Dread was one hell of an experience and I'm glad to see others here play through it 100%. I was compelled to do so as well, and I couldn't believe how it really was a modern version of Metroid as we know it with virtually nothing sacrificed compared to past games of the series. Not only were the brutally hidden shinespark pickups still there, but some fun sequence breaking made it in as well. It might not have been quite as freeing and breakable as Super Metroid, but it's about the most I've seen a modern game of this type intentionally embrace sequence breaking, so it made me joyous.

I would love to see DLC or some kind of Metroid/Metroid Prime news of any sort tomorrow. Don't let the series hibernate again!

That really sums up my thoughts as well! The game did a good job of rewarding exploration - being able to get the Radar Pulse fairly early on, for example. There were also so many times that I thought I was being clever by possibly exploring out of sequence... but then it turned out that that was the game actually wanted you to do all along! It also really did a good job of keeping you guessing what items you'd get next - I said "SURELY this will be the Gravity Suit" at least 8 times while the game gave me something else :^O

The EMMI level design in particular was really good, I'm going to have those alarm sounds ingrained in my head for awhile.

Dreamy

No Longer a Noob
Nov 19, 2019
Louisiana
Hi. I'm Dreamy. Wanna play?

So what have you guys been up to? The LOZ board is my favorite board. I think we should find a way to get the board up and running like it was back in the day. So many users have left. I wonder where they went and why they left. Anyways, it's good to see you guys. I'm going back to the Vesti now.

Chispatr

inb4title
Aug 30, 2010
Canada, Eh
Forums in general aren't very popular anymore. Social media has mostly replaced them. Also, since a lot of the posts here were always about theories and speculation, until Nintendo released Hyrule Historia and confirmed/debunked the theories officially.

The 5+ year gaps between game releases doesn't really help for popularity either. Outside of the OT, there's not a lot to be said.

Jan 2, 2003
Your Dreams
until Nintendo released Hyrule Historia and confirmed/debunked the theories officially.

Except Hyrule Historia is a load of crap and should NEVER be relied upon in any fashion, "official Nintendo" or not.

--EDIT--

... how do I even tag people these days...?

... how did I used to tag people back when this board was active..?

Capture.PNG

Last edited: