GreenG

No Longer a Noob
Aug 25, 2000

tickeroo

No Longer a Noob
Sep 19, 2000
Thanks so much for this. Such a weird little culture. I still tell people that I was "famous" on a video game. Fucked up.

I was such a troll. Apologies for any feelings hurt over those years here on the old PSO/IGN/DC friend life plan time is gone please change now for your own sake.

Edit - I need a new icon and then I'm going to start posting here on the regular

Last edited:

GreenG

No Longer a Noob
Aug 25, 2000
You know, as long as there's a server up I'll likely always keep a toe dipped in that game in some form. That, or I'll get married. Or something.

pygmyslayer20

No Longer a Noob
May 11, 2001
Hope this gets seen this year...

I was STRIDER, a Greenill RAmar that never put down my Yasminkov 7000V, no matter what the strategy called for. Image was more important than results. About a year ago I fired up the GCN and logged in to that private Ep1 and 2 server. It was weird going through all those Guild Cards and seeing so many names, each with an accompanied flash back. Anybody remember SNK? (The player, not company.) Still play FFXI with him and we were talking yesterday about people we remember. For me, the community was so vibrant. Fond memories of chair races in the lobbies of Deneb 09:01 and trying to get stuck in the pillar by the lobby desk. Not to mention characters making suggestive animations upon other characters that were afk.

Not trying to hijack a thread, but what is this PSO2 thing I'm hearing about?

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma
Hope this gets seen this year...

I was STRIDER, a Greenill RAmar that never put down my Yasminkov 7000V, no matter what the strategy called for. Image was more important than results. About a year ago I fired up the GCN and logged in to that private Ep1 and 2 server. It was weird going through all those Guild Cards and seeing so many names, each with an accompanied flash back. Anybody remember SNK? (The player, not company.) Still play FFXI with him and we were talking yesterday about people we remember. For me, the community was so vibrant. Fond memories of chair races in the lobbies of Deneb 09:01 and trying to get stuck in the pillar by the lobby desk. Not to mention characters making suggestive animations upon other characters that were afk.

Not trying to hijack a thread, but what is this PSO2 thing I'm hearing about?

Welcome back, PSO2 has been out in Japan for about 7 years, and will finally be releasing here next spring on xbox, pc, ps4.
Its over all a fun game, a great cross between things done right across PSO/PSU/PSP games, the combat is a lot of fun, customization is great, however, it does have issues with to much focus on more glamour/clothing side of stuff at times, still, with the western release supposedly having everything in the JP version when it launches, there will be well more than enough to do for a long while, it should be free to play as its been in JP all this time, so no harm in trying it for any Phantasy Star fans.

Iloveslaking

No Longer a Noob
May 7, 2003
Warrior, AL
Not to bump a dead thread, but I find it awesome to look back at this board and realize that IGN is where my gaming addiction really started.

I totally get the whole "I was famous on a video game" introduction.

I actually mashed up some things I liked from other games and real life and came up with "Alakaboom" I'm pretty well known on Ephinea and old school schthack PSO1 private servers.

BTW, "A la Kaboom." It's a mash up of Spanish and English referencing the Big Bang, or what I did to your brother last night.

GreenG

No Longer a Noob
Aug 25, 2000
Bumping a thread on a forum subsection which is on life support is A-OK.

Been about a year since I was on Ephinea.

Teenage CB handle - Green Giant > IGN Boards - GreenG > First PSO character - The HUmar Minsc > Minsc, my internet handle ever since.

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma
Bumping a thread on a forum subsection which is on life support is A-OK.

Been about a year since I was on Ephinea.

Teenage CB handle - Green Giant > IGN Boards - GreenG > First PSO character - The HUmar Minsc > Minsc, my internet handle ever since.

Is that what GreenG has always meant?!

GreenG

No Longer a Noob
Aug 25, 2000
Is that what GreenG has always meant?!
The truth is out.

I either couldn't fit Green Giant as my IGN user name or I thought it was too lame. Not sure which. I believe it was initially the former and eventually transitioned into the latter. What ever the initial reason I decided Minsc was cooler. Reflecting, I may have signed up to the TFA forums as GreenG and later switched to Minsc.

Now, why Green Giant? Green Giant vegetables was probably the first thing that popped into my mind.

I record this into IGN PSO lore.

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma
The truth is out.

I either couldn't fit Green Giant as my IGN user name or I thought it was too lame. Not sure which. I believe it was initially the former and eventually transitioned into the latter. What ever the initial reason I decided Minsc was cooler. Reflecting, I may have signed up to the TFA forums as GreenG and later switched to Minsc.

Now, why Green Giant? Green Giant vegetables was probably the first thing that popped into my mind.

I record this into IGN PSO lore.

Pretty sure I remember seeing Minsc on TFA forums, for what short time I was there, I also remember it being on your card on PSO.

Thankfully you couldn't fit the full name, other wise I would have never taken you serious, and only picture this:

Ho ho ho, Green Giant - meme soundboard - sound effects - Voicy Network

GreenG

No Longer a Noob
Aug 25, 2000
Pretty sure I remember seeing Minsc on TFA forums, for what short time I was there, I also remember it being on your card on PSO.

Thankfully you couldn't fit the full name, other wise I would have never taken you serious, and only picture this:

Ho ho ho, Green Giant - meme soundboard - sound effects - Voicy Network

Ho ho ho, so you took me somewhat seriously. In hindsight I should have made a Green Giant character on PSO. Green Giant the HUcast.

Zypher here. Just wanted to say hello :)

Hey there Zypher!

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma
Is PSO2 worth it? Been awhile, but I miss PSO so much I'm thinking of getting into it.

I enjoy it, they will actually be releasing a new game along side it later this year, PSO2: New Genesis, it looked to be more open world, looking forward to trying that one out.

mazinger1

Prime Member
Mar 25, 2001
My GOD! i can't believe what i found i was in the forums since 2001 and join with my SEGA Dreamcast, i remember trying to play online and was very difficult due to internet speed everybody was excited with the game i enjoy every moments of PSO.
Now I'm old and i still have my Dreamcast

Last edited:

Quatre47

Fuwa Fuwa Time!!
Aug 9, 2001
Oklahoma
My GOD! i can't believe what i found i was in the forums since 2001 and join with my SEGA Dreamcast, i remember trying to play online and was very difficult due to internet speed everybody was excited with the game i enjoy every moments of PSO.
Now I'm old and i still have my Dreamcast

Well, if you want more PSO, PSO2: new Genesis will launch next month, free to play on pc or xbox, closed beta has been this weekend, and its been great.

SephCast

No, my name isn't referring to Sephiroth.
Jan 21, 2003
Hope you all are doing well. Everyone in the IGN PSO crew helped shape me as a gamer to this day. Such fond memories.

Sep 29, 2003
Green Hill Zone
OMG..i've been posting on the main site for ages using 3 PS character names and yet i never noticed this subsection before.

It's not very active like it used to be. But I love your namesake! I ran into a HUmar on PSO a bit ago, named Chaz Ashley. After a quick Forest run, we parted ways, and I told him, "Oh yeah, pip squeak...Don't get any silly thoughts like taking on Zio, into that little head!"

He responded, "...me...taking on Zio?"

It was awesome haha