Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/108/1089539p1.html]The Green Lantern Suit Revealed[/link]
by Scott Collura

Summary:
This is a big week for leaked photos from the set of Green Lantern. First we got to see Peter Sarsgaard in full-on mulleted Talosian style as villain Hector Hammond, and now an image of Ryan Reynolds in his GL suit has shown up online as well. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/108/1089539p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Sep 21, 2004
IGN is always misleading thank go that main pic wasnt friggen real i was about to b pretty upset with the movie!! lol
exp after seeing the villans "make up" lol

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
YES! YES! YYYYEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!

Okay, now that I got that outta my system, I can say that this is a film that will rock-- hopefully. Mark Strong for Sinestro, CGI suit... if only Hector Hammond didn't look so bad. How much do you guys wanna bet that DC only chose him so Marvel can't do The Leader for the next Hulk?

Maddwak

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 1, 2001
Ok so not really a pic of the costume just reynolds with mocap dots on him. Weak.

VividScientific1

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 4, 2003
FAIL. I think WB is intentionaly leaking photos of the production to build a buzz. Either that or they have the worst security of all time. I swear every other day you get a leaked shot of something on this film... and all of it has just been meh.

AnimatedMonster

No Longer a Noob
Apr 2, 2009
[blockquote]VividScientific1 posted:
FAIL. I think WB is intentionaly leaking photos of the production to build a buzz. Either that or they have the worst security of all time. I swear every other day you get a leaked shot of something on this film... and all of it has just been meh.
[/blockquote]
They have the worst security of all time. I go the forums on superherohype and they have pictures from the set everyday. Ryan Reynolds even took pictures with a couple of people. Seriously, worst security ever.

Mar 1, 2009
i really fucking hate the idea of the suit being CGI, i want to see a LIVE ACTION MOVIE not a damn cartoon! and i'm still waiting to here it being made in 3D, you know it'll happen

P

plm3d

Original poster
It's strange that this guy will play two major comic book characters from different universes, ie. Marvel vs. DC. That's like Christopher Reeves playing Superman and Hulk.

Dec 30, 2007
I know they screwed up the superman movie but they better not screw up the green lantern movie. They have to be careful about how they plan the movie.

zaffRazor

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 25, 2003
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/RockLee/l_156b969506dd4d60940857cad2ca8f64.jpg
I have had this image for 2 months now lol

x2682

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 22, 2008
somethin tells me this shot should be taken lightly. im bettin they'll clearly CGI his transformation INTO the suit. i dont see any point in generating a suit thru an entire movie.

gwillia6

Noob
Nov 14, 2007
@Bloodhound616....Do you even know what CGI is? Or do you think that every explosion, space battle, or action sequence in modern movies are completely real unless they look like toy story?...CGI fits the GL character perfectly unless you expect someone to invent hard light projectors in the next 12 months, CGI is the only way to go. Now, if you have a problem after the movie comes out with how they pulled it off, talk then...

Jul 23, 2009
i still can't understand how ryan reynolds got cast as hal jordan. deadpool definetly, maybe even kyle rayner gl, but not hal jordan.

Mar 1, 2009
@ gwilla6: obviously i have no idea what CGI is, as a moron i wait for the sarcastic input of people who just read comments and don't actually understand the meaning of what is written.

what i meant was what is the point of casting an actor in a role when a good portion of the time his body is covered with unnessecary CGI, i understand it would be used for action sequences that cannot be created in real life, but i not see the point in it being used like this, for a costume.

shogun768

Noob
Aug 5, 2008
It's truly fascinating to me when people who don't seem to know anything about the comics, post comments about the movie version.

GL's suit is going to be CG because in the comics, the suit is generated BY THE RING ITSELF, and isn't just some spandex outfit he puts on. It's an energy construct itself...I'd like to see you create an energy construct on film without using CG.

Mar 1, 2009
yeah, i have no idea who Hal Jorden or Abin Sur is. who's Sinetro again?

you're missing the point again i'm saying their using unecessry CGI that could make a film, which i really want to see, look crap and cartoony

item258

Noob
May 12, 2008
Shogun768
stop whining you little bitch and take the dick out of your ass. its not that serious. just let it the fuck go ok

nukman

Noob
Apr 29, 2010
juz think if the suit wasn't in CG. He would look like a green robin from the movie Batman and Robin.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I think this was the right choice. Now they have full freedom on the visual effects they want to put around Hal's body. And with today's visual tech, I'm confident they'll have no problem making a cool (believable) looking costume in CG.

Feb 22, 2005
@ dartheales

John Stewart is a terrible Green Lantern compared to Hal Jordan (the definitive GL in my opinion)...it's only natural for a film adaptation about his origins that they use Hal.

Aug 26, 2010
if their gonna use a GL they should use hal but john stewart isnt a terrible GL @DevSingh john is good but everyone hates Hal idk why but they have to do it. i agreed its only natural for a film adaptation about his origins that they use Hal.

Status
Not open for further replies.