Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1127018p1.html]The Flash Script Nearing Completion[/link]
by Chris Tilly

Summary:
It looks like the script for a movie version of The Flash is nearly done, with writers Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green apparently turning their pass into Warner Bros between Thanksgiving and Christmas. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1127018p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
So they're writing Green Lantern 2 and Flash? Well, they better be good, because the first Green Lantern isn't even out yet and for all we know they could suck.

jstice4ever

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 12, 2003
I'm sorry, but I honestly don't think that the Flash can stand on his own in a movie. He just doesn't have the wow factor that many of the other characters have. On top of that, most of his villians are too comical for a serious movie.

James696P

Noob
Oct 29, 2008
@jstice4ever: I disagree, The Flash's powers and those of the villains that he faces make him one of the most 'stylish' heroes in comics, he's certainly got the wow factor. As for the comment on his villains, The Rogues are no less / more comical than any member of Batman's rogues gallery (or any other hero's for that matter), a villain only comes off as clownish when the writer/artist team wants them to be interpreted in such a way.

For an excellent 'serious' take on The Rogues read 'Final Crisis: Rogues Revenge'.

James696P

Noob
Oct 29, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX1WY3NHw0Q << 3:06 onwards, tell me that fight in live-action wouldn't have 'wow factor'

Ryder5150

Noob
Mar 15, 2010
I think the Flash is hard to bring to the screen because of the whole "Speed Force" thing would not translate to live action well. That coupled with the fact there are more than one Flash doesn't help, it makes him less significant of a hero. I know there are more than one Green Lantern, but they are members of a galactic police force and each one has his or her own personality, making them unique. Also, when aliens are involved, it makes it easier to accept real bizarre happenings. Time traveling treadmills is not something the general audience will "get". All of the Flashs are basically the same too. I know Barry is serious and Wally tells jokes but look at Jay and all the others. Hell, even their origins are basically the same, which is lame.

Vladimon

Noob
Jul 28, 2010
@jstice4ever

Ihave to agree, although I really like the character and the comic, the campy gimmicky vilains, gorilla city, the cosmic treadmill, a family of people going and the speedforce (forget about the negative speed force aswell) are going to be very difficult to translate on to film... though I am curious about the potencial action scenes.

Jun 28, 2007
I think Flash will do fine in a movie. I personally love the villains, but the names can't be taken seriously. If they absolutely had to give them names in the film they could just do like Batman Begins and drop the corny line once and be done with it ("NO!... Scarecrow!"). I also hope they come up with a clever explaination of Flash's choice of red body-suit and lightning bolt emblem.

My main concern is that even though this will be "Barry Allen" they're gonna make him act like Wally. Even though I'm a Wally fan, i hate that kinda stuff (Like Ghost Rider giving "Johnny Blaze" all those Dan Ketch traits, but that movie sucked so who cares?).

th3_bLy

Noob
Aug 8, 2009
@ryder5150 Only two of the Flash's have the same origins. And all the Flash's are completely different. Jay Garrick is the father figure to all the Flash's and got his power through inhalation of hard water fumes. Barry Allen is first and foremost, a forensic cop who got his power through chemicals being spilled on him from a lightning bolt. Wally West is the more comedic Flash who got his powers in the same way as Barry. And Bart Allen is more cynical and was born in the far future who inherited super speed. Also, to say aliens are far more believable than time travel for the general audience is ridiculous. I'm pretty certain that everyone at one in point in time wishes they could go back in time to fix their own mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.