JesseMB27

Noob
Jun 26, 2013
I was bored the other day when I came across something about a group called the Genyosha, AKA the Dark Ocean Society. It was dedicated to maintaining Japanese traditions and promoting imperialist expansion across Eastern Asia, but what was really interesting was a portrayal of it in fiction. It is mentioned in the Call of Cthulhu role playing game as being a part of the Cult of Cthulhu.
Chiaki Konaka, the head writer for the thirteenth episode of Adv. 02 (as well as the whole of Tamers), is a known writer for the Cthulhu mythos, thus I believe it is possible that the Dark Ocean from Digimon derives its name from this group. I'm not sure if any one else would find this tidbit of interest, but I thought I would share it anyway.

KevinR86

Adventurer
Feb 15, 2005
Well, that's pretty interesting. I never knew that such a thing existed. I always thought that the Dark Ocean was just something created for storyline purposes. It is a shame though that Digimon Adventure 2 never really got into the whole story involving Kari getting sucked into the Dark Ocean.