ngrodamus

No Longer a Noob
Mar 5, 2011
Thematically and gameplay wise.

Thematically it's just another example of Batman escalating his force and control to a point that compromises his own ideologies.

As for the gameplay, I feel that the combo building incentives, and the dodge prompts are very similar to hand to hand combat and it feels just like a ramped-up-amped-up version of that. It's added dimension into puzzle solving and map traversing is also very welcome.

People can't really expect the "It gets repetitive" argument to hold up in an arkham game right?

- Batmobile Combat: Traditional Arkham hand to hand combat is arguably just as repetitive in past iterations

- Batmobile Puzzle Solving: So some Batmobile features for puzzle solving are frequently used- remember the cryptograph sequencer? That's textbook overuse.

- Batmobile Map Traversal:
It really is nice to be able to traverse from one side to the other actually on the streets. A great way to explore another view and dimension of Gotham. You can still travel the old fashioned way.

I do understand that the criticism that the Batmobile feels "forced" but in my opinion it's for good reason. Arkham Knight feels much more than just a bigger, slicker, Arkham City- and it's mostly because of the Batmobile. To make sure that this was indeed the case, Rocksteady had to force this change. And since it does help strongly differentiate this gameplay from other Arkhams, I happily accept it.

The Batmobile is good. And this game is still most definitely GOTY material.

KevinR86

Adventurer
Feb 15, 2005
I think that this is the first positive thing that I've read about the Batmobile. LOL

Seriously, as someone who hasn't played yet I feel a bit better after reading this. Before, I was under the impression that it killed the experience.

Mar 17, 2007
I think that this is the first positive thing that I've read about the Batmobile. LOL

Seriously, as someone who hasn't played yet I feel a bit better after reading this. Before, I was under the impression that it killed the experience.
Its fun. MY only issue is that its a pain in the ass to control in tight maps.