Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1125247p1.html]The Batman You Never Knew[/link]
by Jim Vejvoda

Summary:
An industrial heir becoming a superhero is nothing new. A real-life one playing one on the big screen is. Social Network actor Armie Hammer speaks out about his experience as Batman in the scrapped Justice League movie. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1125247p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
I don't think that it would be impossible for Nolan's Batman to fit in with the Justice League movie. He can still be a darker character, although this may end up limiting his role.

Feb 6, 2009
I really wish there were images from the pre-production of this movie. I would love to see what their Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, GL, Flash, and others would have looked like. I'd love to see the treatment of it.

IGN, think you guys can get a hold of that stuff since the movie isn't going to be happening anyway?

Oct 26, 2008
It would be WONDERFUL if DC Comics could get a hold of those story boards and publish them as a graphic novel, so we (the shortchanged fans) can at least get a taste of what we missed out on. This was done a few years ago by Dark Horse Comics for Star Wars: Visionaries, so it's not unprecedented. I would BUY this, pay hard-earned CASH for this.

batman_is_god

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 15, 2008
Man, if all he said is true, we missed out on one hell of a movie. It is about time we saw the BATMAN that can take ANYONE on, super or not, and win. I love BATMAN BEGINS, and TDK was cool, but it would be nice to see BATMAN be the epic badass we all know he is in a live action movie.

The only thing The Batman got right was the fighting.

Cope_847

Noob
Aug 4, 2010
The more I hear about this movie, the more I'm pissed that it didn't happen. Why is all of this stuff coming out now? It seems kind of random. I think they should just go and start it up again all the pre-production was done, from what I have read, so they should just get the crew back together and shoot it. It sounds like it would be a fantastic movie.

t0mbstone

Noob
Mar 26, 2008
How could they can this? It sounds like a lot of time and money went into the JLA film and it sounds like George Miller had a very intelligent way of approaching the characters. How could DC and Warner Bros. pass on a film that, according to this interview, would have elevated the team superhero genre? Comic fans would've poured into theaters to see this!

k.k.slider25

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 5, 2007
The main thing I remember about this movie was that Miller said something about recieving firearm training and everyone being "WTF?! Batman doesn't fire guns" which is a good point. This sounds like a pretty cool way of doing a JLA movie though. I hope the people at WB will come to their senses and implement a shared cinematic universe someday.

crazydiamond75

Prime Member
Oct 29, 2009
Yeah, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are great and all, but there's something very satisfying about seeing Batman hang out with the gods and still show them up. He really speaks to us all about the ideal man and our potential through determination and will power. That and our desire to be bad ass.

RyBond007

Noob
Dec 6, 2005
@ k.k.slider25: A little off topic...ok..way off topic
But I am looking forward to when my Oregon Ducks smoke your Huskies in football ;)
I hope Jake "Purple-Jesus" Locker has a shoulder to cry on when you lose

jcorle00

Noob
Sep 27, 2007
'Well you see, with a delusional character like this, like the Batman, who thinks in this such a way, like a paranoid schizophrenic like this, this would be the motivating factor.'

Just more proof that the movie would've been crap. Thankthe Good Lord this film wasn't made.

Aug 15, 2010
It may take a little longer than we thought, but there's definitely going to be a JLA movie at some point. After the Avengers movie makes squillions (and it will), how could they not?

The extra time may even be a good thing, as far as Batman's concerned. Nolan intends the third of his Batman films to be the definitive ending of a trilogy of films.

Once that happens, the creative team at DC can reboot the Bat, but in a way that makes sense within the context of the wider DCU. Hopefully they'll also do it the same way as Marvel, with the same actors playing the same character across the board.

Still, it sounds like George Miller had some pretty cool ideas. Hopefully Nolan and Johns and crew will adopt a few of them when the Justice League movie finally makes it to production.

Jul 17, 2003
Anything sounds awesome when it doesn't exist. Whatever IGN - let this thing go. It was a stupid idea back then, and its still a stupid idea. Just rushing into a JLA movie and casting young actors with no real clout, and then throwing it to your Happy Feet director? It sounded like a mess and we dodged a bullet - stop talking about and trying to make it sound cool.

Jun 16, 2005
@guiltywingv18 Anything sounds awesome when it doesn't exist? Are you smoking crack?

A List of adaptations that would have sucked had they existed:

Superman starring Nick Cage.

Batman by Darren Aronofsky. (Zzzzz)

Daredevil starring Ben Affleck (Crap! We got that!)

"The Vultress", the Vulture's daughter in the cancelled Raimi Spidey 4.

Need I continue.

And for the record, Miller isn't the Happy Feet Director. Did he direct it? Sure.

But it's not what he's truly known for. No, this is the man who brought the world MAD FREAKING MAX. THE #$#(@ ROAD WARRIOR. And of Course, MAD f#$**)@ MAX BEYOND THE G%$^@#* THUNDERDOME.

Did he make a couple of kids films? Sure. So did Robert Rodriguez...does that make the Mariachi movies any less visceral? Hell no!

Miller's Justice League would have been bold, refreshing, and messed up in the head. Not the "Follow the Mold" machine press type of Superhero movie we're starting to see. I think it would have rocked! Ah well...at least we'll get our Snyder Superman.

Ramundi

Merry Maple
Nov 11, 2009
Interesting approach, but one that could result in a Batarang in the neck of an unsuspecting director. *shifty eyes*

Status
Not open for further replies.