Aug 23, 2012
To clear up some confusion, as I have seen a bunch of it, the new "Lara Croft and the temple of osiris" is not set in the new 2013 reboot continuity. Instead, its set in the "Legend" continuity and Lara is once again being voiced by Keeley Hawes, who voiced her in Legend, Anniversary, Underworld and Guardian of light.

Anyone else find it odd they are returning to the old series for this game after a reboot?

10300654_682595011776923_2945385857653074452_n.jpg

I'm not saying its a bad thing, infact, its great news. I hated new "Lara" with a passion due to the fact she is hardly "Lara" and felt like some random chick donning the name only and was a massive wimp compared to our lovely dual wielding hero from the old games.

LisaB1138

Older than most, smarter than the average bear
Apr 23, 2004
I enjoyed GOL very much. It reminded me of Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, one of my family's favorite group games. The fact this game has four players makes it even more Gauntlet-esque.

So, I'm glad to see this new game. Like you, I disliked the reboot greatly.

LisaB1138

Apr 23, 2004
Some people did, but I didn't enjoy any of it, so I guess I'm not a Tomb Raider fan anymore.

DutchKnight

Weekend Gamer
Mar 22, 2008
Skellige
Some people did, but I didn't enjoy any of it, so I guess I'm not a Tomb Raider fan anymore.

It's ok, Lisa. I'm well aware of the fact that you're more a fan of the classic Lara. It's all good. I really enjoyed the reboot and would've enjoyed it even more if the tombs were a little more expansive. Where were the swinging blades? The spikes under the trap door?

I'm just glad that I still will have a chance to play the sequel. I was pretty pissed yesterday when I saw that ROTR was an "Xbox Exclusive". And today, I learn that Microsoft pretty much paid CD and SE a boat load of cash to, essentually, be first. That's fine. I'll just play the new Uncharted when it comes out, stay off of YouTube and wait a few months to see how much Lara has grown since our last adventure.

Apr 1, 2015
The reboot gave this series life, at least we can expect many more Tomb Raider games.
Classic Lara was gone after Legend Reboot anyway, the next game will hopefully have a bit more of a "Tomb Raider" vibe

LisaB1138

Apr 23, 2004
I just bumped this because of the title. I just played Temple of Osiris. It was pretty fun, although I think I like GOL better.