Bunbury037

Noob
Jul 16, 2008
I've played through the game once so far on PS3, and I have some questions about minor things I noticed. I'm wondering if anyone else notices them or if there's something wrong on my end.

-Here and there during cutscenes, I notice that the frame rate "hiccups". Like the animation pauses on a frame for a brief moment or seems to skip a frame now and then, resulting in slightly jerky/choppy motion. It results in the animation looking like it "jumps ahead"; it's not a smooth movement. And I'm not referring to the still-frame filmstrip cutscenes, I'm referring to the fully-animated cutscenes.

-Frame rate during gameplay seems to hiccup a bit here and there as well. Like the prologue level on the falling clock tower seems to run kinda choppy.
Or when you do the first Climax at the end of the first chapter, the frame rate seems to fall behind and makes it seem like the sound is out of sync at one part of the summon animation.
And in at least one level, I noticed the game seems to pause for a brief moment just before enemies show up. Is that normal, and it's just loading them?

-At the Game Over screen, the whole screen flashes black for a split-second. Is it supposed to? It looks kind of odd.

-After I make a Concoction, I can see a number '5' pop up on the screen. I think it's in the concoction area of the screen where the ingredients are being mixed, but I don't remember. But it just seems random...does anyone know what it's about?

-After I clear an Alfheim trial, the camera seems to rotate kinda stiff if I move it while standing in the arena part of the area. Like it pauses for a split-second every little while when I'm rotating it, making it move kind of jerky.

Aug 21, 2003
You have your PS3 connect to the internet? Because the game has a patch that fixes most of the slowdown issues. Never played the game without the patch myself to be sure, but I think the patch's main purpose was to allow you to install the game onto the HDD of the PS3.

So, did you install the game on the HDD?

Plays pretty good if you do. Some slowdown in those Alfheim realms. But only when on the bridge. Gameplay is okay. Haven't noticed any slowdown in the FMV's either. As for your other glitches, I haven't noticed them. I've only played the game while installed on the HDD, though.

Bunbury037

Noob
Jul 16, 2008
Thanks for the response.

Yes, I do have the game installed.
I heard that the install lowers load times but doesn't really do much for the frame rate. Some people say differently though, and I also only ever played with it installed.