GhastlyN

No Longer a Noob
Jan 30, 2004
Last night I got back into playing Tales of the Abyss for my Nintendo 3DS. I have everyone at level 31-32 and just left that Daal Cathedral and to the next town.

Does it really matter who I should give the capacity cores to?

Like something Stre or whatever its called should I give Luke one or any kind?

SpeckTech

Noob
Aug 22, 2014
Capacity cores affect stat growth, I think. (judging from what I figured out from an entire playthrough). Giving a strength focused capacity core to Luke is a good idea, but eventually you'll need to replace it for a better or more balanced one. I gave him the cores focused on atk and def mainly, with speed as a secondary. For Guy, he came with good speed, but low attack. What I did was swap his core with Luke's, so he'd get some growth on atk and def, while Luke got some spd growth.

Every few levels just switch up the capacity cores for balanced stat growth. Towards the end of the game there are better cores which affect multiple stats, for example, a core with focus on atk, def, and spd, but none on magic def or magic atk. You do get some stat bonuses for not switching cores often (for the stats focused on), but that means some stats will end up lagging behind. the core example above ^^^^^ would be good to leave on Luke, but I'd eventually swap it out temporarily to increase his magic def.