Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://wii.ign.com/articles/107/1071446p1.html]Tales of Graces Recalled in Japan[/link]
by Anoop Gantayat

Summary:
Having to wait months and months for your favorite Japanese RPG titles to make the trip across the Pacific may be annoying. But there are occasional advantages. One of those advantages showed today as Namco Bandai's Japanese parent announced a recall of Tales of Graces. [link=http://wii.ign.com/articles/107/1071446p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Dark_Absol

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 6, 2005
While it may take longer than anticipated release to the oversea, it's a good thing that they found the glitches/bugs in that game. I'll take waiting over the bugged games anyway. ^_^

Jul 17, 2003
Is there even a US release date nailed down for Tales of Graces yet? I mean, with games like Fragile Dreams, Arc Rise Fantasia, Monster Hunter Tri, Xenoblade, and Last Story hitting the Wii this year, it'd be silly to grow impatient waiting specifically for Tales. You'd have to be ignoring a ton of other awesome games, y'know?

It's cool Namco - take your time, knock out the bugs.

Flamfas

Noob
Feb 18, 2010
Not only is there not a date for Tales of Graces' release in the US, it's unconfirmed if the game will even be localized at all.

I'd like to say that it will, but Namco's been upredictable with this series before.

salak7244

Noob
Sep 30, 2008
At least it's been tested before it will be in North American or European retailers as they will be unaffected. Hope those game testers should be taking thier time to find bugs. Why Nintendo does not have downloadable patches like the PS3 or the 360. PS3 and 360 games releases downloadable patches instead of recalls just for bugs.

Tales of Graces is NOT the first Wii game that had glitches. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess had glitches especially the cannon room one in the Japanese and North American Wii versions of the game and had a free replacement.

Flamfas

Noob
Feb 18, 2010
The lack of significant Wii harddrive space probably has to do with that. Depending on the fixes for the bugs, it could involve extensive re-writing of the code.

Sep 16, 2009
I don't see this being published over here, since none of the three DS games made It, not to mention these bugs...

Flamfas

Noob
Feb 18, 2010
Well the bugs are fixed now. And the DS games are on a different platform, ya know. They did release another Wii Tales here, the Symphonia sequel, but that may have just been riding off the Symphonia popularity wave...

babycrack

Noob
Aug 7, 2009
wtf is tales of graces for the U.S? it better arrive this year, JAPAN IS REALLY IRKING MY NERVES WITH THIS NOT LOCALIZING SHI*.

Feb 19, 2008
I will be very sad if it doesn't make it here. It's a much, much, much better game than Dawn of the New World, even though I couldn't understand a word of it. A full translation would give this a good shot at best game on Wii.

TERMINAT0R

A.K.A. The Sperminator
Jul 19, 2001
shades of Guitar Hero III... Thank heavens we're getting the fixed version on day one.

kamiboy

Scion of the rising sun
Aug 23, 2001
Looks like the Japanese, as usual, have more sense than their western counterparts. I don't remember anyone ever recalling Fallout 3, the title that goes down in history as the possibly be buggiest piece of pre-alpha software released which so many people bought.

If you manage to play that game for more than an hour without it locking up then you, sir, have the backing of some arcane dark god.

FE50

Noob
Feb 13, 2009
You know if some things on the wii were better there would be no need for a recall and just put a patch on the game

GreyLightning

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 13, 2007
That's TOO bad... Oh I feel so sorry for you... NOT. I WANTED this game over here! Hey, I know, make a version for the 360 and PS3 to make it up to us and we MIGHT forgive you.

ramerix

Prime Member
Aug 19, 2006
i really they fix this and announce a us release date. this is one of the games i really want.

LimeTheSlime

No Longer a Noob
May 26, 2008
Well Tales of Symphonia took 1 year before hitting US
Also not many games are localized in Europe but not US because they already have the languages in French English and Spanish, so really doesn't make sense. Also we might be able to just port from England seeing how it would be in English on an english wii

soil12

Noob
Mar 28, 2010
I am hoping that this game will come out at least this year. If not, I saw that it will be released in Europe first. No offense, but seriously how the hell is Europe getting it before us. I might have to order this import edition when it is released. I don't get what kind of bugs there are that the game had to be recalled and fixed in Japan. I saw many game play videos on Youtube and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong. Please let this game come to the US, it will help the declining Wii system and make me pick up my dusty Wii controller again.

ItzJoshx4

Noob
Apr 4, 2010
Europe is getting the Grace First .. Probably because they're having a hard time getting it Licensed in US ..

Jun 23, 2010
@LimeTheSlime

Hate to burst your bubble but it would be impossible to import a tales of graces game from england and play it on a US wii. They have region locks in place, what that means is that a US wii has a region lock called NTSC-U and Europe has the region lock PAL (and Japan has NTSC-J). So for that to work you must have the knowledge to release the region locks on your wii or get a European, or more commonly referred to as a PAL, wii. If you do however try to play a PAL game on a NTSC wii, I believe your wii gets bricked or it just doesn't play the game.

mgouveia

Noob
Mar 1, 2009
LMFAO crappy ass Wii any other console would of recieved a patch lol. Cant wait for the PS3 release, just wish it would of come out on 360 Vesperia was jawdroppingly brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.