Dec 11, 2009
Every Tales game is under the genre "Turn-based RPG" which I see as wrong.
What do you think should be the genre? Action RPG? For me, Tales of is a franchise with one of the fastest battle systems, hell, Tales of VS. is like Smash Brothers if you know what I mean.

Also, why are all the topics in this section locked?
And yes, like everyone here, I think the Tales games need more attention. I'd have been missing a lot of real gaming If my older sister back in 2004 hadn't purchased Symphonia even when I was resisting.

Warshade

Noob
Mar 20, 2012
I started with phantasia on the snes but I never really played any others from the ps1 era I ended up playing symphonia next and then out of nowhere I started playing any I could get my hands on. Phantasia will reign in my mind as the best forever but I really loved all the ps2 ones as well. Graces so far is really living up to my standards for tales games.

As for the action turn based thing. It is definitely not a turn based rpg but due to the battles going into a action battle phase like most turn based it is so unique its hard to simply call it an action rpg since most people associate that with zelda games and it is nothing like that. I think its an action rpg myself but try convincing the world that lol. Screen shots certainly look like a turn based rpg.