Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://dvd.ign.com/articles/115/1159349p1.html]Supernatural Anime Coming Home[/link]
by Cindy White

Summary:
See the Winchester boys in action in a completely new way, when Supernatural: The Anime series comes to DVD and Blu-ray in July. [link=http://dvd.ign.com/articles/115/1159349p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

siavm123

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 25, 2007
WTH? I love supernatural and I love some anime but not in the same setting. But if it is good I will get it.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
it should be mentioned that only Padalecki dubbed his character in every episode, Ackles only dubbed select episodes.

May 9, 2010
They really shot themselves in the foot by not having Jensen Ackles voice Dean in every episode.

I've seen clips of the show on Youtube and the stand-in is just as bad as you'd expect. Nobody can say "Sammy" like Jensen.

Saying that, I've wanted to slap Dean for the last few seasons, as his voice has gotten progressively deeper. There's tough guy voice and there's silly nasal Christian Bale Batman voice and Jensen is bordering on the latter these days.

Jul 12, 2010
anything in anime form is always better, i like to see japan's take on a us tv show, ill netflix this.

Volvagia_slayer

Star
Jan 9, 2005
vagabond007 said:
anything in anime form is always better, i like to see japan's take on a us tv show, ill netflix this.
I don't know... I just watched the last third of the anime episode "Home" since it's uploaded on YouTube, and it just did not sit right with me. The writing just seemed atrocious and stilted. Things weren't as adequately explained as in the show. Everything was way too over-dramatic. Things moved so quickly and I didn't see any of the brothers' trademark humor. And Missouri's interpretation this time around is a cliche voodoo/Jamaican-type woman.

Maybe that episode is the worst of the bunch, and maybe it even had stuff cut out of it, but I just don't think I could stomach it if the whole series is like that.

Oct 6, 2010
Been lucky to watch 4 episodes already and i must say its actually kinda gud.Will get the DVD for the rest of the episodes...

Jan 18, 2010
at least i can watch this one in english ..cuz this time u know the voice actors don't suck like in usual dubbed animes

Jul 17, 2003
Madhouse is a fantastic studio, and - if I recall info correctly - some Death Note crew worked on this. It's going to be awesome. A little sad that this is heading straight to video though. This would be perfect on SyFy's anime...whatever block (first it was Ani-Monday, then they moved it to tuesday. Now it's on Thursday. I doubt it has a name anymore. But it's still leagues better than Adult Swim's pathetic selection of garbage and reruns on Saturday nights). Maybe later on...

sng-ign

電 子 遊 戲 師 傅
Aug 6, 2002
If only Reaper was so lucky. Now the actor playing Sock is in some Mad Love show and the Reaper is in that new burglar show with Christian Slater.

DKRider93

Noob
Jan 23, 2010
BAD...ASS! I Hope it's not mostly retellings of episodes I already own, but otherwise I'm preordering this as soon as possible.

BarryAllen21

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 21, 2008
OR you can watch episodes 1-12 Now at www.dubbinz.com under the "anime" tab, under the "Ongoing" tab. OR follow the link http://dubbinz.com/anime/ongoing/supernatural/details.php

ZBaksh386

Noob
Mar 24, 2010
AWESOME
I AM SO BUYING THIS ONE.
That being said Jensen should be in this show since he is doing voice work in stuff like he was Jason Todd in Red hood and he was in the tron game as well as 3rd Birthday. But i'm sure he has his reasons and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.