Sagara-san

wandering my way through time
★ MOD
Sep 9, 2008
Under a Tree
Formula 1 changed quite a lot of things this year for whatever reason they figured would create better racing and a more enjoyable race.

Has it worked?

for me, it's fallen flat on it's face. Ideas that looked great on paper include the new energy systems, returning to a "Turbo era" and limiting fuel to try and push fuel economy. Sounds like a recipe for a great series with a lot of new variables right?

Well, it's been 5 races, of which have been won by Mercedes.........handily.
The engines sound like crap(even Bernie says that)
and this latest race had just 6 cars finishing on the lead lap and in qualifying, a 2 second difference between 1st and 9th in Q3.

Honestly, i'd rather have the 09-13 spec that red bull dominated back. The speed differential was much much tighter there and i thought....more enjoyable. but hey, this is new stuff, and it could turn out to be like how Brawn GP won the first 6 races of that spec and then everyone else figured out what they had and caught up. I sure hope that by the end of this season, a lot of my concerns will be tossed in the trash, but right now, it ain't lookin good.

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
It's not looking good at all. NASCAR races 36 races a year, right? F1 races 19 and they feel the need to be more eco friendly. The engines do sound like crap, Cosworth is out (I doubt anyone will miss it) and Honda will be supplying McLaren engines next season.

I'm happy to see Mercedes doing well, but holy crap their dominance is killing the sport even more. I'm also interested in seeing if Adrian Newey makes the jump to Ferrari. [face_praying]

Ghost_16

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
As a Hamilton fan,I've been enjoying it. As a racing fan, I've been getting a little bored of it.

Engine noise, while missing and a shame, is being blown out of proportion. I love race car noise as much as the next guy but people are taking it way too seriously. There are far more important things, like creating some actual racing, than how the cars sound.

woody938

The Irresponsible Captain Typo
Apr 23, 2007
Black Lizard Planet
I miss the sound of the V10s. I've been watching the F1 whenever I remember but I find myself more interested in positions 4-9-ish.

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
Speaking of Formule One, has anyone heard any news on F1 2014 the game? It's rumored to be released in September-October, but I haven't heard nor seen anything on it. Anyone?

GTporsche

Another State of Mind
Sep 2, 2006
Should be some news on it in a few weeks.

It's planned for PS4/One/PC. Next-gen consoles are taking up a lot of their usual time. No dev. diaries this year and they weren't even at E3 because of it.

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
Should be some news on it in a few weeks.

It's planned for PS4/One/PC. Next-gen consoles are taking up a lot of their usual time. No dev. diaries this year and they weren't even at E3 because of it.
Not PS3/360? That works for me, because now they can focus solely on next gen.

I recently found out they weren't allowed to release any information until GRID Autosport is out of the way and now that it has been released I'm hoping to see some news soon.

Kanejr00

Retired IGN Mod
Jun 17, 2004
USA
I'm watching qualifying at Suzuka and they're reporting that Vettel is expected to join Ferrari, Kvyat to join Red Bull and Alonso to rejoin McLaren. THIS IS HAPPENING SO FAST!

CrazyMatt88

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 23, 2012
I'm watching qualifying at Suzuka and they're reporting that Vettel is expected to join Ferrari, Kvyat to join Red Bull and Alonso to rejoin McLaren. THIS IS HAPPENING SO FAST!

Good. Vettel's ego needs to get out of Red Bull and Riccardo deserves to be the number 1 driver anyway.