Feb 1, 2011
I can't figure out how to get this game to run in full screen or at least borderless windowed full screen. I played it originally on Xbox, read the piece on underrated games a few days ago, remember how much I enjoyed it, and bought a copy on Amazon for 9 bucks.

I can't even find the .ini to see if I can tweak it from there. I've installed patch 1.1 and I still can't get the game to run in full screen 1920x1080. There's always that damn bar at the top of the screen. I know the game is pretty old but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried tweaking settings in Nvidia control panel and there are none to tweak in GeForce Experience. I just want to sink some hours into this game and drink beer. Some one help me out before I pull my hair out. lol

Mar 26, 2013
I can't figure out how to get this game to run in full screen or at least borderless windowed full screen. I played it originally on Xbox, read the piece on underrated games a few days ago, remember how much I enjoyed it, and bought a copy on Amazon for 9 bucks.

I can't even find the .ini to see if I can tweak it from there. I've installed patch 1.1 and I still can't get the game to run in full screen 1920x1080. There's always that damn bar at the top of the screen. I know the game is pretty old but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried tweaking settings in Nvidia control panel and there are none to tweak in GeForce Experience. I just want to sink some hours into this game and drink beer. Some one help me out before I pull my hair out. lol

If you are talking about the windows border around the game when it starts I found a way to fix it.*note(I'm running the game in Windows 8 64-bit this probably works in Windows 7 also if that's what you have)

1. Go to wherever you installed the game and right click 'Spider-Man Web of Shadows.exe'
2. Click 'Properties'
3. Click 'Compatibility' tab
4. Then look at the settings section and check the box next to 'Reduced color mode'
5. Make sure it's set to '8-bit (256) color'
6. Then finish up by clicking apply and then click ok.
7. Run the game

This got the game running in borderless fullscreen for me. good luck. [face_peace]