The switch is now off.
Jul 17, 2014
The Commonwealth
Last edited:

m00m00m00

ಠ_ಠ
Jun 14, 2001
first page

I wonder if this will turn into more of a rant thread from random new posters that happen upon this board (cuz speak ur mind). the rest of the gcb will keep it on course tho.

Last edited:

FrogTheKnight

That dude who does stuff
Apr 28, 2001
also working on a doc that should have been done two weeks ago for work, and it's due in like 4 hours.

im barely 10% done

GG frog. GG.

Bakris

The switch is now off.
Jul 17, 2014
The Commonwealth
Well my home internet got cut off. Not because we couldn't afford it, but because we didn't upgrade to fios

Sent from Pandora via ECHO

Rhyssa_Fireheart

La Tempête
Oct 9, 2004
Out on the Sea of Madness...
Husband had 4 teeth extracted yesterday. Now has clearance from the dentist and oral surgeon for surgery. Still scheduled for Monday, 12/4. Scary.
Heart surgery, right? Why did he have to get oral surgery first?

infection?

What Foxy said. Issues with your mouth can lead to infection in the heart; it's a huge risk actually. For years the husband had to take antibiotics before and after going to the dentist for anything, because of his heart defect. It was a medical directive for anyone with heart issues, actually. They finally stopped that several years ago, but since he's having surgery, needs to have a clean bill of mouth health.

also working on a doc that should have been done two weeks ago for work, and it's due in like 4 hours.

im barely 10% done

GG frog. GG.

/points and laughs.
/looks at her prep for end of month tomorrow.
[face_cry]

Well my home internet got cut off. Not because we couldn't afford it, but because we didn't upgrade to fios

Wait, you got cutoff from just regular internet service? Like, they are forcing you to upgrade to fios, whether you want it or not? That's pretty crappy, even if you are getting improved broadband.

Bakris

The switch is now off.
Jul 17, 2014
The Commonwealth
Rhyssa I can't quote without quoting everyone on tapa but yeah. They're forcing everyone to switch to fios. Unfortunately we can't, because we would have to install a new grounded circuit breaker in the basement to accommodate a fios box and there's other issues with that since the house is over 100 years old

Evil-i

"Call me Ishmael."
May 24, 2008
Came home today with a jar of pickled hot pepper slices. The label says "Refrigerate after opening".

What's the point of preserving something by pickling if it has to be refrigerated? Pickling predates refrigeration.

Last edited:

jmenjes

Pinball Wizard
May 21, 2001
South Florida
Good and bad news from the podiatrist today.

Good news is that the foot ulcer continues to get smaller and smaller each week.

Bad news is that the infection I've been fighting the last couple of weeks may have reached a bone in my foot. Having an MRI done tomorrow to determine what's next. Could be a bone biopsy to find how bad things may be. I'm a bit lucky that the antibiotics I'm taking have had some effect. According to the podiatrist, something like this would normally have put me in the hospital now, but we're sticking with the antibiotics and MRI to figure out what the next move is.

Rhyssa_Fireheart

La Tempête
Oct 9, 2004
Out on the Sea of Madness...
Good and bad news from the podiatrist today.

Good news is that the foot ulcer continues to get smaller and smaller each week.

Bad news is that the infection I've been fighting the last couple of weeks may have reached a bone in my foot. Having an MRI done tomorrow to determine what's next. Could be a bone biopsy to find how bad things may be. I'm a bit lucky that the antibiotics I'm taking have had some effect. According to the podiatrist, something like this would normally have put me in the hospital now, but we're sticking with the antibiotics and MRI to figure out what the next move is.

Oh wow, that's crazy. Hope the MRI comes back clean and the infection isn't in your bone. I can't imagine that would be a good scenario to deal with at all.