Sharkboy242

Super Star
Jul 12, 2005
2LfSMYa.png

This list below includes the realGM column averaged in (the top pic does not)

1 Lebron 4pts (4)
2 Durant 10pts (4)
3 Curry 12pts (4)
4 Harden 17pts (4)
5 Davis 18pts (4)
6 Giannis 25pts (4)
7 Westbrook 30pts (4)
8 Kawhi 32pts (4)
9 Paul 37pts (4)
10 Embiid 39pts (4)
11 Butler 47pts (4)
12 George 53pts (4)
13 Lillard 54pts (4)
14 Jokic 62pts (4)
15 Green 64pts (4)
16 Irving 65pts (4)
17 Oladipo 65pts (4)
18 KAT 71pts (4)
19 Gobert 74pts (4)
20 Klay 77pts (4)
21 Simmons 59pts (3)
22 Horford 61pts (3)
23 Lowry 64pts (3)
24 Wall 69pts (3)
25 LMA 46pts (2)

Thoughts? I thought about averaging ours in but I'm too lazy. I think the list is pretty solid.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
TheKhaos butthurt
only player in the top 25 with zero playoff appearances
good thing he's 5-6 years away from reaching his prime

you're just mad that there's literally no clippers players in the top 50 while harris/murray (being as young as they are) manage to crack it. stay salty bruh
that makes the zero playoff appearances even more embarrassing

a team with a "top 15" player in jokic and two other "top 50" players finished a whole 4 games ahead of the Clippers who were playing G-leaguers half of the season

Sharkboy242

Super Star
Jul 12, 2005
only player in the top 25 with zero playoff appearances

you're just mad that there's literally no clippers players in the top 50 while harris/murray (being as young as they are) manage to crack it. stay salty bruh

a team with a "top 15" player in jokic and two other "top 50" players finished a whole 4 games ahead of the Clippers who were playing G-leaguers half of the season
You must have missed the part where (3) of those Nuggets players are still under 25 years old.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster

You must have missed the part where (3) of those Nuggets players are still under 25 years old.

cool

they are young and overrated!

Sharkboy242

Super Star
Jul 12, 2005

cool

I didn't make this thread for people to project insecurity regarding their trash team bro.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster

cool

I didn't make this thread for people to project insecurity regarding their trash team bro.
wait why do you think my facts have any relevance to the clippers?

why the hell would a clippers fan hold any sort of grudge against a team that has been irrelevant for the last 5 years?

Jokic supposedly being an "elite player" while not being able to carry his team to even a playoff appearance is a valid point

Sharkboy242

Super Star
Jul 12, 2005
cool

why the hell would a clippers fan hold any sort of grudge against a team that has been irrelevant for the last 5 years?

Jokic supposedly being an "elite player" while not being able to carry his team to even a playoff appearance is a valid point
not really because if denver was in the east they would have been in the playoffs last year. I think you'd be silly to contest that.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster

not really because if denver was in the east they would have been in the playoffs last year. I think you'd be silly to contest that.
hypothetical playoff appearances!

Sharkboy242

Super Star
Jul 12, 2005

hypothetical playoff appearances!
is it true or not?

bdiddy5115

Super Star
Apr 7, 2005
CITY OF SYRRRUP
Our Top-50 vs the Aggregate ranks in the OP

1. LeBron (=)
  2. Durant (=)
  3. Curry (=)
  4. Harden (=)
  5. Davis (=)
  6. Kawhi (8)
  7. Giannis (6)
  8. Paul (10)
  9. Westbrook (7)
  10. Embiid (9)
  11. Butler (12)
  12. Kyrie (15)
  13. Draymond (14)
  14. Jokic (16)
  15. P.George (11)
  16. Lillard (13)
  17. Towns (=)
  18. Klay (19)
  19. Oladipo (18)
  20. Cousins (52 - but ours is based on last year, not projections)
  21. Aldridge (23)
  22. Gobert (20)
  23. Horford (22)
  24. Lowry (25)
  25. Hayward (29)
  26. Simmons (21)
  27. Wall (23)
  28. Porzingis (45 -- see above w/Cousins)
  29. Kemba (30)
  30. DeRozan (32)
  31. Beal (27)
  32. Blake (39)
  33. Holiday (28)
  34. Capela (36)
  35. Middleton (35)
  36. Mitchell (26)
  37. Love (31)
  38. Booker (37)
  39. McCollum (34)
  40. Drummond (43)
  41. Tatum (33)
  42. M.Gasol (44)
  43. Adams (41)
  44. Conley (38)
  45. DeAndre (56)
  46. Millsap (47)
  47. Porter (42)
  48. G.Harris (46)
  49. T.Harris (58)
  50. J.Brown (40)
  51. Dragic (50)
  52. LouWill (62)
  53. Redick (63)
  54. Ingles (54)
  55. E.Gordon (48)
  56. Rubio (60)
  57. Bledsoe (55)
  58. Whiteside ()
  59. J.Murray (51)
  60. Covington (53)
  61. Iggy (73)
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/top-50-players-rankings-b5109-2018-edition.455149383/page-2

Sizz06

Philadelphia Eagles
Jan 23, 2006
Flu loves to nut ride Jokic lol. He uses winz with zero context to determine value.

Giannis wouldn’t have a playoff appearance if the Bucks were in the West. Does that suddenly make him not an elite player? No, it doesn’t.

bdiddy5115

Super Star
Apr 7, 2005
CITY OF SYRRRUP
I still cant believe ESPN ranked Kyrie 20th, behind Oladipo and Klay Thompson.
It's funny how a guy as high profile as him can be so hard to rank.

The younger generation overrates the shit out of him, while players generally think pretty highly of him (being able to get your own bucket is always high on players'/ex-players' criteria), but the numbers/analytics certainly don't favor him.

I think we got him right, #12 is pretty fair for his talent/impact.

Raccoon2117

Still unknown after all these years
Oct 12, 2002
I still cant believe ESPN ranked Kyrie 20th, behind Oladipo and Klay Thompson.
It's funny how a guy as high profile as him can be so hard to rank.

The younger generation overrates the shit out of him, while players generally think pretty highly of him (being able to get your own bucket is always high on players'/ex-players' criteria), but the numbers/analytics certainly don't favor him.

I think we got him right, #12 is pretty fair for his talent/impact.

Playing for Boston this year (and being injured during the season) also doesn't help him. People saw how Terry Rozier, Jaylen Brown, and Jayson Tatum did without him on the court, and I'm sure people started to wonder if Kyrie's impact isn't as outsized as we used to think. It's a similar thought to how people used to think about some of the Spurs from ten years ago.

bdiddy5115

Super Star
Apr 7, 2005
CITY OF SYRRRUP
Playing for Boston this year (and being injured during the season) also doesn't help him. People saw how Terry Rozier, Jaylen Brown, and Jayson Tatum did without him on the court, and I'm sure people started to wonder if Kyrie's impact isn't as outsized as we used to think. It's a similar thought to how people used to think about some of the Spurs from ten years ago.
His greatest skill (one-on-one scoring/creating) is something that doesn't strongly affect his teammates, outside of some gravity impact.

In a way, one-on-one scoring/creating is such an interesting topic, because it's the ultimate fall-back when everything else fails (defensive schemes, cold teammates etc). A player who can do this at an elite level will always have value, as it's one of the few skills that have value as a standalone attribute, and is not dependent on anyone else.

But it's also far more isolated than other skills in terms of impact on others. A great team like Boston has a strong winning foundation (team D, various scorers/shooters, etc), and doesn't always need Kyrie's one-on-one ability on a nightly basis to win games.

That said, there's a reason Kyrie becomes more and more valuable the deeper you go into the playoffs -- because he has the ultimate fall-back skill when shit starts to go wrong (as it inevitably does in the late playoffs). Come Finals/CF time, you could have one of your key young guys freezing up (see: KAT last year), some of your role players losing their legs and going cold (see: Houston G7 WCF), guys abandoning sets and forgetting what got them there (see: Toronto last year), and/or your other key guys battling injuries (see: top teams every year).

So in a way, Kyrie should be both overrated and underrated, as he is.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2011
euroleague MVP and already looks way better in preseason

not hard to be considered better than a dude who can't shoot
I’m a luka fan but feels irresponsible to put someone who hasn’t played over lonzo, who had a strong first year. Rookies should be exempt from these lists

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
euroleague MVP and already looks way better in preseason

not hard to be considered better than a dude who can't shoot
I’m a luka fan but feels irresponsible to put someone who hasn’t played over lonzo, who had a strong first year. Rookies should be exempt from these lists
nick-young-confused-face.jpg

wait are we talking about the same lonzo ball?

the guy with the ATROCIOUS .444% TS%

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster

Actually no. I’m talking about the lonzo ball that was 8th in the league with 7.2 assists/game
an efficiency stat which he put up one of the WOAT seasons in vs a counting stat that is easy to get when you play 35 minutes a game

[face_thinking][face_thinking][face_thinking]

Sizz06

Philadelphia Eagles
Jan 23, 2006

Actually no. I’m talking about the lonzo ball that was 8th in the league with 7.2 assists/game
an efficiency stat which he put up one of the WOAT seasons in vs a counting stat that is easy to get when you play 35 minutes a game

Lmao

Flu is a boner.

Guy tries to be mr. analytics until it’s inconvenient. How can you possibly type this out while also being someone that tries to shit on Jokic? You can’t cite efficiency stats as the be all end all and then shit on Jokic. And you can’t preach efficiency stats and then cite winz.

Flu is the WOAT. Just a guy who hates random players and decides to die on the hill of contradiction hating on them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster

Lmao

Flu is a boner.

Guy tries to be mr. analytics until it’s inconvenient. How can you possibly type this out while also being someone that tries to shit on Jokic? You can’t cite efficiency stats as the be all end all and then shit on Jokic. And you can’t preach efficiency stats and then cite winz.

Flu is the WOAT. Just a guy who hates random players and decides to die on the hill of contradiction hating on them.
I didn’t say Jokic is bad or anything. I think he’s a good player but he’s massively overrated if he’s being considered a top 15 player in basketball. According to the list in the OP, the Nuggets have 3 top 50 players including “a top 15 player” in Jokic but can barely outperform a team like the Clippers which if we are using the list, have far less talent and no “star” player like Jokic.

The apparent talent the Nuggets have doesn’t match their actual results so someone or something is causing them to underachieve and I haven’t heard a valid answer.

Sizz06

Philadelphia Eagles
Jan 23, 2006

Lmao

Flu is a boner.

I didn’t say Jokic is bad or anything. I think he’s a good player but he’s massively overrated if he’s being considered a top 15 player in basketball. According to the list in the OP, the Nuggets have 3 top 50 players including “a top 15 player” in Jokic but can barely outperform a team like the Clippers which if we are using the list, have far less talent and no “star” player like Jokic.

The apparent talent the Nuggets have doesn’t match their actual results so someone or something is causing them to underachieve and I haven’t heard a valid answer.
Well, according to the advanced stats, he is unquestionably top 15.

The team is super young and still needs to be more consistent but he is definitely a special player.

And Millsap missed a ton of games last year.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
hey I'll admit when I'm wrong, even though I was previously right as far as the nuggets underachieving.

Nuggets look good and this is the team that I've been hearing about what they were supposed to be with the previous hype. I'll still take my "wait until they actually prove it" attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005

Lmao

Flu is a boner.

Jokic averaged 21.7/11/6.5 on absurd efficiency post all-star break last year and was clearly around a top 15 player.

He's literally doing everything we've seen from him before, just better. Which any reasonable person should expect an emerging 23 year old star in the NBA to do.

So even if Denver underachieved last year (which isn't true, people had them at 38-41 wins before the season started) it certainly wasn't because of him.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
Find me preseason predictions from last season that didn’t have the Nuggets as a guaranteed playoff team.