metalheadmax

Sing it, Sam
Feb 26, 2006

It's completely baffling to me, but at the same time, I want it right now.

Last edited:

YourVeryOwnGeek

Hey kid, I'm a computer.
Jun 11, 2007
AIPEOFNORINGFORLNGFORJLNGFORJLBGFORJLNGFORLNFROSFNRSOGFNROFGNORLGNROULGNROGNROLFNORGBFNOWSVBIKSHVNFRVGBHIRKGFVBIYHKJBEFOUREWFBIYREWHGFKHWREGF IHEWKQVFIHEKQGFBIYQEGFBIKEWJBGFIEKJVBFIRKJB

JQB7k.gif

May 31, 2012
i am unaware of shin megami and why everyone enjoys it so much. long time fire emblem lover, but aside from some vids ive watched, i dont know much about shin.

metalheadmax

Sing it, Sam
Feb 26, 2006
i am unaware of shin megami and why everyone enjoys it so much. long time fire emblem lover, but aside from some vids ive watched, i dont know much about shin.
It's one large franchise with a bunch of subseries within it. Very traditional JRPGs at their core, but they usually throw in some very unique elements to each game or series. For example, Shin Megami Tensei 3's main twist is that you can negotiate with random demons you encounter in battle to recruit them onto your team. Kind of like a darker version of Pokemon.

Ever hear of the Persona games? That's one of the SMT subseries(Though SMT X FE seems to be purely focused on the main SMT series).

Last edited:

YourVeryOwnGeek

Hey kid, I'm a computer.
Jun 11, 2007
The Shin Megami Tensei series is mainly made of up of urban Japanese occult-cyberpunk fantasies with dark stories and characters with morals that vary from gray to dark gray. The more popular recent games in the series have moved away from the 90s gritty urban fantasy into a modern tech-age with catastrophic world-ending twists.

Good good good great amazing mmm-tasty series. Atlus makes rpgs that a hard but rewarding, and the setting of every game is interesting in its own way. The art is also a plus, as the lead character designer has been with the series from the very first game and has kept a brilliant unified art style through most of the series. I love it.

May 31, 2012
It's one large franchise with a bunch of subseries within it. Very traditional JRPGs at their core, but they usually throw in some very unique elements to each game or series. For example, Shin Megami Tensei 3's main twist is that you can negotiate with random demons you encounter in battle to recruit them onto your team. Kind of like a darker version of Pokemon.

Ever hear of the Persona games? That's one of the SMT subseries(Though SMT X FE seems to be purely focused on the main SMT series).
hmmmm... sounds strange to pair that up with fire emblem. again, dont know much about shin megami, so my opinion is only good for fire emblem, but i'll just have to wait and play it.

i am excited for a different style fire emblem though. not sure if shin megami is turn based or real time, but either would be a cool twist for fire emblem. especially real time. just thinking of being able to press a button to do astra, sol, or aether sends chills up my spine. eep!!

Last edited:

metalheadmax

Sing it, Sam
Feb 26, 2006

hmmmm... sounds strange to pair that up with fire emblem. again, dont know much about shin megami, so my opinion is only good for fire emblem, but i'll just have to wait and play it.

i am excited for a different style fire emblem though. not sure if shin megami is turn based or real time, but either would be a cool twist for fire emblem. especially real time. just thinking of being able to press a button to do astra, sol, or aether sends chills up my spine. eep!!
SMT is turn-based. But it would be awesome to see Fire Emblem/SMT crossover in a Star Ocean-type game.

metalheadmax

Sing it, Sam
Feb 26, 2006
Might as well use this thread to dump any info that gets released.
Index Corporation, Atlus's parent company, issued a PR statement about the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem collaboration.
smt4.jpg

(Screenshot from the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei IV)

The statement confirms that the game will be an RPG and that it will be co-developed by Atlus and Nintendo (Source - Japanese).
At least it isn't a fighting game.

dakimakura

Raidou Kuzunoha CMXCIX
Aug 13, 2011
so how about megaten's folklore and fire emblem's dark mages and druids being able to fit things

L1nk001

Viceroy and Governor-General of India
Jul 22, 2003
I am hoping the greatest aspect of each series is mixed together in this one. Aka recruiting dick monsters and then giving them waifus.

YourVeryOwnGeek

Hey kid, I'm a computer.
Jun 11, 2007
I haven't tried chocolate ice cream, but it looks kind of bad. If it mixes with my vanilla ice cream, vanilla ice cream will be forever tainted in my eyes.

dakimakura

Raidou Kuzunoha CMXCIX
Aug 13, 2011
there's apparently a gold version

the day i have it will be the luckiest day of my life