Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
And I'm getting really close to being able to buy one but I'm having a hard time deciding on which one. Here's basically the short version. A long time ago I decided I needed to save for a car but if I was going to save for a car I wanted to be smart about it and try to get it for a good price or monthly payment situation for the car I was wanting. So after saving and going through so tough times finically I decided that I wanted a affordable sporty car with the money I'm putting down which is about 10k. These are the cars im looking at. (And I'm getting a automatic I know burn me at the stake lol I just don't have that much experience with standard cars and I have a lot of hills around my area) .

2015 mustang v6 or ecoboost
premium

V6 pros
runs on regular gas and reaches its top hp/torque refined interior and cheaper msrp

V6 cons
lacks premium and preformance options from the manufacturer

Ecoboost premium pros
has preformance option with a turbo and a touchscreen.

Ecoboost premium cons
runs on premium gas to reach top hp/torque.
Not really a con here but I don't know how I feel about 4 cylinders. I have always driven a 6 cylinder.
(My current car is a 04 Nissan altima 3.5 se. It can go for sure.)

2014 or newer camaro 2lt

2014 or newer camaro 2lt pros
It runs regular gas to make top hp/torque has a pretty cool touch screen and a preformance option

2014 or newer camaro 2lt cons
I shouldn't grip about visibility but it's a factor that I think that might become annoying over time.

Those are my main options right now

I've been weighing the pros and cons about these two for a long long time now and I just can't decide. I know the new camaro debuts soon and thought maybe I should wait and see if that will be a game changer for me?

Then I thought about getting a used
Nissan 370Z which is on the back burner for the moment. It's a nice sporty car that makes plenty of power for me but the interior just doesn't make me feel like it's worth the amount I'm putting down on my future car. So it's on the back burner.

Pros
great power and stylish looks

Cons
from what I hear it's quite loud in the cabin on the road. The interior isn't my favorite and it takes premium gas to make its top power

Others cars I have been thinking about but not to serious on my mind to buy are

Or the Subaru BRZ wrx or Impreza

As you can see im kinda stupid about this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

japekto

Star
Jan 13, 2018
If I was getting a sensible sporty car, I'd get a Civic Coupe with NA 2.0L Inline 4 and 6-speed MT. Sporty enough to me.

Last edited:

blinkz0rz

Don't forget to bring a towel.
Aug 10, 2008
Calatia
If I was getting a sensible sporty car, I'd get a Civic Coupe with NA 2.0L Inline 4 and 6-speed MT. Sporty enough to me.
That would be 8th or 9th Gen Si's. The regular Civic's didn't come with the K20.

10th Gens changed the motor options, the Sport has the K20 and then the turbo L15 became the standard engine. My 2018 Si has a higher performance L15 motor.

japekto

Star
Jan 13, 2018
That would be 8th or 9th Gen Si's. The regular Civic's didn't come with the K20.

10th Gens changed the motor options, the Sport has the K20 and then the turbo L15 became the standard engine. My 2018 Si has a higher performance L15 motor.

At 158HP, I'm not sure if this Civic Sport has the K20 engine. But, paired with a MT? It'll do fine for me just going around town. Keep it clean and shiny and I'll bet it gets a lot more stares than more "prestigious" cars.

I drive a mere 4-cylinder 2019 Camry SE in a beautiful blue streak metallic. Yet, because it's so clean and shiny, it gets a lot of once-overs.

Civic Sport: I'd get this for myself only instead of more expensive cars.
kQGxJ4E.jpg

Last edited:

blinkz0rz

Aug 10, 2008
Calatia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_(tenth_generation)

They made model and motor changes for 2019. The Sport has the 180hp 1.5 turbo, the base model 1.5 turbo has 174hp, and the Si is a little more refined with higher boost on the same L15 motor making 205hp, for ~$25k (I paid less on my deal).

The 158hp K20C2 is the lowest motor available on the cheapest Civic models without the turbo. Honda likes the turbo because it increases mpg and keeps the horsepower figures favorable.

I stand corrected about my earlier post about the Sport, but whatev. I wanted the Si capabilities but wish it came in the hatchback model. Oh well, the Si is fun with a stock turbo.

Last edited:

blinkz0rz

Aug 10, 2008
Calatia
At 158HP, I'm not sure if this Civic Sport has the K20 engine. But, paired with a MT? It'll do fine for me just going around town. Keep it clean and shiny and I'll bet it gets a lot more stares than more "prestigious" cars.

I drive a mere 4-cylinder 2019 Camry SE in a beautiful blue streak metallic. Yet, because it's so clean and shiny, it gets a lot of once-overs.

Civic Sport: I'd get this for myself only instead of more expensive cars.
kQGxJ4E.jpg
Also, I took my Si in for a Recall on the AC Control of my Infotainment box. They gave me a base LX model with the K20C2 motor...ugh, it is drab. I mean I am spoiled by Si motor, but omg it is night and day difference between the L15 and K20 now.

I test drove a EX-L with the 174hp L15 turbo CVT and it was so much better than the base K20C2 lol.

Furthermore, the LX has the Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Assist. I kinda like the ACC which slows you down of the car ahead isn't keeping pace, but eh I can live without it.

The Lane Assist, it basically auto steers the car. There is one where it warms you for steering over the lines, and another option to auto control when the car veers towards the lines. The Lane Control would basically make drunk driving easier as you can see the steering wheel move and fight your control if you initiate the movement. I don't like it. Interesting, but it is making drivers less competent. Auto driving, I don't even want to start how it makes me weary for our future.

woody938

The Irresponsible Captain Typo
Apr 23, 2007
Black Lizard Planet
Of the options OP gave I'd go for the V6 Mustang.

My personal pick on the free market would be that B-4 Porsche Cayman that sounds like a scoobaru, some don't like that combo but that's hella awesome to me.

Last edited:

blinkz0rz

Aug 10, 2008
Calatia
Of the options OP gave I'd go for the V6 Mustang.

My personal pick on the free market would be that B-4 Porsche Cayman that sounds like a scoobaru, some don't like that combo but that's hella awesome to me.
The OP is never coming back to this very old thread lol.

motoent

Noob
Mar 10, 2019
Funny that you're getting all this advice four years after your post. Would be interested what you ended up buying.

It sounded like you were looking for an affordable sports car. Among the American cars, you left our the Dodge Challenger--not sure why.

The most affordable are of course the GT86 platform ones, like the Subaru BRZ you mention. It's not grand on horse power, but if it's good enough for the Autobahn, I think it's good enough for American highways …