Status
Not open for further replies.

Don-Mullet

Prime Member
Jul 16, 2003
Las Vegas
I actually had to google "White Crosses" to find out what you were talking about. I'll give it a listen later, but even though I force myself to think their stuff hasn't gotten rotten, it's definitely been a nose dive the last few years. Although I did like the Tom Gable CD.

ViVis_DoomsDay

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 1, 2001
The only thing I liked off it is "I was a Teenage Anarchist", a song about how all the songs I liked from them the past 10 years were a mistake.

Yeah I'm not happy with it.

Actually, I'm more than not happy with it. It's awful and it undermines everything they've done in the past.

Aug 16, 2004
Wait a second, that's what "I Was a Teenage Anarchist" is about? I bought the 7" EP on Record Store Day (contains the album version and an acoustic version) but have yet to listen to it.

Just read the lyrics. Wow.

jackomcw

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 26, 2010
Yeah, the album is very meh as far as AM! goes. My friend got mad at me for saing it wasn't that good, although to be fair my friend's kinda a bitch.

conatonc

Winter is Coming
Oct 16, 2001
I like it quite a bit. Maybe not as much as New Wave (which I also liked for being a catchy rock album), but I'm not really looking for punk integrity or some **** from Against Me! at this point. This is a strong mainstream rock album and it works as such. "Bamboo Bones" is an awesome track.

Still wondering why they abruptly cancelled two months' worth of shows to end the year.

BasNoBua

Noob
Oct 10, 2005
I caught a show in Seattle a few months back, I hadn't heard the new album. It was awful. Nihilism is clearly not on the menu any longer, and has been replaced with a belief in generic rock & roll theatrics. I should have made an effort to see them when they were touring on Axl.

Status
Not open for further replies.