Trevor03

Star
Dec 18, 2000
That is the dumbest thing ever. Rockhold, Jacare, and Yoel Romero should all be ahead of him in line. He got beaten twice, definitively both times.Beating a washed up welterweight is not a title eliminator.
I agree with this 100%, however in the world of hilariously paltry UFC PPV buys, Zuffa gonna Zuffa and do what will draw the most viewers.

Weidman-Jacare/Rockhold/Romero will draw maybe 300k. Weidman-Silva 3 will draw at least 500k.

jgjgjgj

Bow down to the BisKING
Dec 28, 2011
Give Anderson a top contender next. Not fucking Chris again.

Will they not be happy until Silva is dead?

Batista_Bomb_4eva

Super Star
Aug 31, 2005
Dingoland
...so The Chris can beat him up again? If the UFC is desperate for PPV sales, perhaps they should have done a better job at marketing their talent since Chuck Liddell retired.
But that would mean doing their job as a promoter and lead to fighters having some leverage when it comes to contract negotiations.

-clt-

Super Star
Sep 23, 2008
...so The Chris can beat him up again? If the UFC is desperate for PPV sales, perhaps they should have done a better job at marketing their talent since Chuck Liddell retired.
But that would mean doing their job as a promoter and lead to fighters having some leverage when it comes to contract negotiations.
The funny thing is that the last guy who had some srs leverage in contract negotiations with the UFC was a guy who entirely built his name outside of the UFC. Gil got paid. I guess they don't want that to happen again.

Cerebral_Assassin990

Mic Check 1-2-1-2
May 14, 2003
Mcgregor getting a title shot is a joke. Have him fight Edgar first.

That is the dumbest thing ever. Rockhold, Jacare, and Yoel Romero should all be ahead of him in line. He got beaten twice, definitively both times.Beating a washed up welterweight is not a title eliminator.

I agree with these.

Give McGregor Edgar or Mendes.
Give McGregor Mendes and have Edgar fight for the strap since he just beat Cub.

Last_Light

Super Star
Feb 3, 2008
I love Silva but this is fucking dumb. What happens if he wins a close one? Silva vs weiner 4?

Piles_of_Gore

No Longer a Noob
Aug 18, 2011
Portland, OR
I don't think McGregor getting a title shot is as bad as some of you are making it out to be.
  • 12 fight win streak (4 in the UFC).
  • 3 TKOs and 1 lopsided unanimous decision victory in the UFC.
  • Dustin and Siver are both top 10 in the division.
  • Ahead of McGregor's ranking are Mendes, Edgar and Lamas, who all lost to Aldo. The only other person ahead of McGregor's rank is Cub, who just lost a very lopsided fight to Edgar.
  • After McGregor's ranking, you have Dustin (who McGregor just beat) and Bermudez (who just lost to Lamas).

Last edited:

jab__661

Noob
Aug 9, 2012
If VItor beats Weidman, then it'll be okay, but if he fights Weidman for the third time, it'll probably be bad news for Anderson.